Tigahboy

Tigahboy's 🌋​​​​​​​ Pico

This guy is extra salty

I have yet to refill My 3g ato container. 

Going on week 2 😂 

• Like 1

Tigahboy
Just now, This guy is extra salty said:

I have yet to refill My 3g ato container. 

Going on week 2 😂 

Nice!  2 weeks+ is amazing.

• Haha 1

Tigahboy

I went ahead and ordered the sharknose goby on LiveAquaria earlier this week because my like 20 Instagram followers demanded it. 

But then I got cold feet and cancelled the order.  LOL.  I think I'm going fishless with this tank unless I come across some crazy fish that makes me change my mind (like @yoshii's Hawaiian petite gobies).  LOL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

William
6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I went ahead and ordered the sharknose goby on LiveAquaria earlier this week because my like 20 Instagram followers demanded it. 

But then I got cold feet and cancelled the order.  LOL.  I think I'm going fishless with this tank unless I come across some crazy fish that makes me change my mind (like @yoshii's Hawaiian petite gobies).  LOL.

Look up pike blennies, or gum drop coral crouchers 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

This guy is extra salty
6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I have been debating on getting a Pico fish too , shark nose has been an option 

been thinking of a pipefish.

• Like 3

Tigahboy
1 minute ago, William said:

Look up pike blennies, or gum drop coral crouchers 

Nice recs.  The gum drops look really cool.  The pike blennies look shady to me.   Too long and skinny with evil-looking eyes.  

1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I REALLY like the pipefish but they seem like too much work with live food and all.  Like the exact opposite of having an ATO.   

• Like 1

Tigahboy

Does anybody else like the smell of Polyplab Reef-Roids? 

Has a really nice savory, seafoody smell.  LOL.  I do like seafood tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Justind823
Just now, Tigahboy said:

Does anybody else like the smell of Polyplab Reef-Roids? 

Has a really nice savory, seafoody smell.  LOL.  I do like seafood tho.

Yea tell me about it - I have a spoonful before bed every night 🤗

• Haha 3

Tigahboy
Just now, Justind823 said:

Yea tell me about it - I have a spoonful before bed every night 🤗

OK.  I can't tell if you are joking or if you agree with me that it smells good.  

• Haha 1

Justind823

Haha I use the stuff - I know my cat loves the smell of it, that's for sure. There's a reason you go by Tigah huh?

• Haha 1

pricewayne
47 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Yesssssss. Pipefish!

• Like 1

Tigahboy
15 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Haha I use the stuff - I know my cat loves the smell of it, that's for sure. There's a reason you go by Tigah huh?

LOL.  Reef-Roids is my catnip.  

@pricewayne what are you feeding your pipefish?

• Haha 1

pricewayne
28 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

LOL.  Reef-Roids is my catnip.  

@pricewayne what are you feeding your pipefish?

Right now am adding pods every morning before lights on and with pumps off -- seems to be every other day or every 3 days am also doing a small amount of pods after lights out in evening if I notice pod population is significantly lower than I'd like it to be. I also have sexy shrimp and feed them a small amount of frozen brine every other day -- have tried to spot feed the pipefish but no luck with frozen yet.

I ordered PJ Reefs magnetic artemia hatcher//feeder that I'm hoping will be a more sustainable (easier & more affordable) way to feed my pipe long term. Seems like an awesome feeder -- delivers tomorrow so we'll see how it works out!!

• Like 1

seabass
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Really need to come up with names for them.

How about Big Kahuna for the largest one.

• Like 2

Tigahboy
1 hour ago, seabass said:

How about Big Kahuna for the largest one.

That's a good name.  Maybe Elvis too.  

• Like 2

Tigahboy

• Like 3

Amphrites

You could glue some thin-wall plastic in a spiral inside some PVC step-up coupling, or cut holes in the base of a funnel and do the same with some plastic on the inside of it too XD 

Or find someone with a 3D printer...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tigahboy
18 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

You could glue some thin-wall plastic in a spiral inside some PVC step-up coupling, or cut holes in the base of a funnel and do the same with some plastic on the inside of it too XD 

Or find someone with a 3D printer...

You're talking about adding a DIY random flow generator to my powerhead, correct?

Maybe I should just buy a 3D printer for this pico.  Might come in handy in the future.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tigahboy
3 hours ago, pricewayne said:

Right now am adding pods every morning before lights on and with pumps off -- seems to be every other day or every 3 days am also doing a small amount of pods after lights out in evening if I notice pod population is significantly lower than I'd like it to be. I also have sexy shrimp and feed them a small amount of frozen brine every other day -- have tried to spot feed the pipefish but no luck with frozen yet.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Like 1

Tigahboy

Also, despite having at least 2 extra digital therms, I decided to use the janky Marina brand thermometer on my janky snail tank cuz I wanted to embrace the jank, and it of course breaks in my tank spilling the lead alloy beads all over the tank bottom.  🤦‍♂️  Well I probably broke it when I moved some LR.

IMG_20190514_180011_421.thumb.jpg.f99f18008acdfa8a889826e1160e9e40.jpg

Had to use a magnet to pick up all the beads.   

• Sad 3
  • Wow 3

Amphrites
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

You're talking about adding a DIY random flow generator to my powerhead, correct?

Maybe I should just buy a 3D printer for this pico.  Might come in handy in the future.  LOL.

I sure am lol, to be a bit more serious most of the random flow generators don't work well below 250 or so gph. If you made your own it *might* function better because of the smaller size, but the ones currently on the market aren't exactly wide either. It could just be a limitation of moving water. The salty acrylic tank has one of the hydor random flow generators on a powerhead and it doesn't look THAT big.

• Like 1

haks

Just spent last light and a lot of today's work day (don't tell anyone) reading through all of this thread.

Team '04 also so I remember all your tank builds, this one has not disappointed .

• Like 2

Tigahboy
4 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

I sure am lol, to be a bit more serious most of the random flow generators don't work well below 250 or so gph. If you made your own it *might* function better because of the smaller size, but the ones currently on the market aren't exactly wide either. It could just be a limitation of moving water. The salty acrylic tank has one of the hydor random flow generators on a powerhead and it doesn't look THAT big.

Yeah, I think I need a 3D printer...

5 minutes ago, haks said:

Just spent last light and a lot of today's work day (don't tell anyone) reading through all of this thread.

Team '04 also so I remember all your tank builds, this one has not disappointed .

Yay!  Team '04!  I'm amazed you got through all of this.  LOL.  

And your secret is safe here.  Haha.

SeaFurn
4 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Imagine if you could hide a Nero behind that Volcano???  Holy hold on to your macros!!! 💦💦💦😂

• Haha 1

Tigahboy
2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Imagine if you could hide a Nero behind that Volcano???  Holy hold on to your macros!!! 💦💦💦😂

If I could, I would.  Lol.