Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy

1 hour ago, stefalopod said:

Tigahboy, OMG, I called my mom first semester of (hating) 1L and said I was thinking of getting back into the hobby. My mom: "Well, it's cheaper than therapy..." 

I've been binging this thread for an hour. 1) love the aqua and orange backlights, 2) that volcano! 3) my commiseration on the epic cycle, 4) how's the salt creep? 

🙂 If you are still in law school right now, I can't say I envy you.  Law school was a terrible terrible experience for me (and hate even going back on campus for events), but this hobby really helped me.  But I actually loved being an attorney once I got out of law school.  I use "loved" in the past tense because I'm getting older and just generally hate everything now, but I still enjoy the practice of law.  On the other hand, I had friends who LOVED law school but hated being lawyers and eventually quit.  I think it's better to be in the former camp than the latter.

The salt creep is actually minimal so long as I don't turn on the volcano bubbler.  I just notice some salt on the rim of the tank occasionally and I just push it back in.  If the bubbler is on for any period of time tho, salt creep city!  

Thanks for stopping by! 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Wingy said:

So did you add a bristle worm?

No...  In my janky tank and looking for a new home.  LOL.  I could change my mind and pull 1 or 2 from the janky tank.

2 hours ago, William said:

This tank is pretty amazing 

Thanks!  Hopefully will be adding some nice new additions in the next week or so.  :)

2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I love how this tank is coming together, really want to see those Zoas carpet out 

Thank you!  I'm actually having some issues with the zoas.  -_-  Like I did a really terrible job at pulling them off the rock they came on and gluing them onto my rock (I'm a bit rusty) and a few polyps were in bad shape when I put them in the tank... then slowly, 1 by 1, starting losing some polyps.  Didn't see any nudis (and I dipped everything), so I think it was my poor fragging.   I did recently cut away the portions that looked bad to stop the spreading, but crossing my fingers that they'll recover.

2 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

There's no point in me joining now, you've already won. 

I don't know about that.   But less competition for me would be great!  LOL.  I am a fan of your DisKolafied filter tho, so looking forward to seeing your tank stocked.  

• Like 3
This guy is extra salty
9 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

There's no point in me joining now, you've already won. 

I want to see what you’re going to stock also. 

• Like 3
pricewayne
49 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Update time!  Got this AMAZING custom ATO reservoir with my logo from @This guy is extra salty and Corallivore Corals!  Never been this stoked about setting up an ATO.  Haha. 

IMG_20190510_190651_844.thumb.jpg.a89a7137ef8147f4e6ec08e2cc6413d7.jpg

Got these ancient reef-safe acrylic dinosaur fossils as well for my son.  May need to set up another tank to fit these tho.

IMG_20190510_183652_630.thumb.jpg.7e8378d34ca40f4fd9a1f9f95432fb6c.jpg

Thanks again @This guy is extra salty!

OMG incredible!! @This guy is extra salty... I may be hitting you up for a quote sometime in the future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Update time!  Got this AMAZING custom ATO reservoir with my logo from @This guy is extra salty and Corallivore Corals!  Never been this stoked about setting up an ATO.  Haha. 

Got these ancient reef-safe acrylic dinosaur fossils as well for my son.  May need to set up another tank to fit these tho.

Thats a killer ato, great choice, and nice work @This guy is extra salty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

It will look better lit up by your fire tank! 

• Haha 3

Removed the dragon's burp macroalgae that was on the left.  Need to make room for some coral.  Looks much cleaner now too.  

IMG_20190511_062338_677.thumb.jpg.c203905347268dcf9d1295cd5fb45938.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Figured out what to do with the decorative shell that came with my CUC order - an HOB silencer!  The weight on that shell effectively dampens the annoying noise that comes from the HOB lid rattling against the HOB from time to time.  The pico is finally silent!

IMG_20190509_225118_659.thumb.jpg.2f266566ec7b5350a0cb58ececa5478d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
pricewayne
4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Figured out what to do with the decorative shell that came with my CUC order - an HOB silencer!  The weight on that shell effectively dampens the annoying noise that comes from the HOB lid rattling against the HOB from time to time.  The pico is finally silent!

IMG_20190509_225118_659.thumb.jpg.2f266566ec7b5350a0cb58ececa5478d.jpg

Should hide a secret in it... or maybe open it and glue a dashboard hula dancer 🤭💃🏻

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Should hide a secret in it... or maybe open it and glue a dashboard hula dancer 🤭💃🏻

😄 Great idea!  

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico