Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy

1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Honestly, they are bigger than I had expected.  I thought they were going to be tiny, skinny baby bristle worms, but they ended up pretty chunky.   Probably around 1" or so.    

If you cut a bristleworm in half, does it create two? Maybe it’s one 7 inch worm cut into 7 pieces...lol

@MetaTank no thank you.  I appreciate what these guys do (which is why I bought them and I never actively remove them), but I just don't like them.

Story time!

When I was a kid (like 6th grade), like many of you, I had a FW tank that was my pride and joy.  I went to an LFS almost daily to just hang out and talk with the owner, Al.  He was really nice and always gave me good advice.  One day I decided to convert my FW tank into a SW tank and Al gave me all the advice I needed to get started.

After a couple weeks of having my SW tank up and running with a yellow tail damsel and coral skeleton decorations, I noticed a bristle worm pop up from under the crushed coral sand bed and reach for the sky.  I didn't know what bristle worms were and I did not have the internet (or even a computer) to jump on to research anything.  My encyclopedias didn't cover the subject either.

And at that time I naturally had an aversion to worms, so I totally freaked out and basically took down the SW tank that same day and turned my back on SW tanks forever... until like 2004 when I joined this site.  :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 8

Posted the bristle worms and extra snails in classifieds for local peeps.  If I don't get anywhere with that, I'll just keep em.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did an IG story poll to see if people thought I should get a sharknose goby for the pico. 

Only had 1 no vote out of 21 which was cast by my wife.  😂

Screenshot_20190509-104040.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

Im thinking about a barnacle blenny, that face lmao!!!

004218.jpg

Love that face!  Lazy eye FTW!

• Haha 4
Just now, yoshii said:

Add my vote for a yes on the sharknose!

I think I'm gonna go for it.  Even though shipping from FL is painful.  But hey, I just shipped a bunch of worms from Hawaii, so why not.  LOL.  

My kiddie planted tank has Japanese blue endlers, so I'd have some consistency between the two.  Still need to find a pom pom.    

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I think I'm gonna go for it.  Even though shipping from FL is painful.  But hey, I just shipped a bunch of worms from Hawaii, so why not.  LOL.  

My kiddie planted tank has Japanese blue endlers, so I'd have some consistency between the two.  Still need to find a pom pom.    

Petco gets all their captive-bred fish from ORA, so you could also check there. Just make sure to quarantine

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Petco gets all their captive-bred fish from ORA, so you could also check there. Just make sure to quarantine

Learned something new today.  I think I'm going to order direct from ORA just to be safe though.  

• Like 4
inland_reef
On 5/6/2019 at 9:50 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

I still want some of that 

@inland_reef can you hook a brotha up?

Yup for sure can hook ya up with some macros! Hit me up on Instagram since I check that regularly. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Same reason why I got these. Are you in Socal?  You can have some. Lol. 

No not in SoCal, I’m in Phoenix. 

44 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

He is so adorable! Love the little red chin too!

I have live aquaria credit from a order from 2017.  Figured this was a good time to use my credit that has been sitting there forever.  I've always wanted one, this is my chance.  I'm gonna ask for one thats extra Steve Buscemi. 

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I have live aquaria credit from a order from 2017.  Figured this was a good time to use my credit that has been sitting there forever.  I've always wanted one, this is my chance.  I'm gonna ask for one thats extra Steve Buscemi. 

Write in the comment box at checkout: "the lazier the eyes the better.  Think Steve Buscemi.  Thank you."  

• Haha 4

Got my copepods + phyto combo today from AlgaeBarn!  The pods include 3 kinds: tigripous, tisbe, and apocyclops.  Got a free order of sea monkeys as well but not sure what to do with them given I don't have any fish yet.  🤔IMG_20190509_213943_141.thumb.jpg.02e25bfd1e92a30d9e8587c0de3d3994.jpg

• Like 3

Ok few questions....

Did you get the trainable sea monkeys? 

Did your sea monkeys come in a family like in picture. 

Did they come with there own castle or are they renting the tiki hut? 

Are Sea monkeys trully a bowl of happiness??  

kirk2.jpg

• Haha 2

@748S911 love that picture.  I didn't read your questions carefully, but YES to each one!

2 hours ago, ef4life said:

No not in SoCal, I’m in Phoenix. 

Bummer. I would've given you all of them.  Not sure if worth to ship. Haha. 

stefalopod
On 4/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, Tigahboy said:

Lol.  Thanks!  I first started this hobby in law school, probably as an avoidance tactic because of how much I hated law school.  So in some ways I guess I have law school to tank for getting me into this hobby.  

Tigahboy, OMG, I called my mom first semester of (hating) 1L and said I was thinking of getting back into the hobby. My mom: "Well, it's cheaper than therapy..." 

I've been binging this thread for an hour. 1) love the aqua and orange backlights, 2) that volcano! 3) my commiseration on the epic cycle, 4) how's the salt creep? 

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico