inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy

19 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

Cute dog!!  Remind me where you got the stand, please.  I could read through all of the pages again, but it is hard enough trying to read all of the current comments for the contest tanks.

LOL, I thought I was only one that was struggling to keep up...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2z9bss.jpg.dd4b4a371e4deda2ab508dcd08344acb.jpg

So things are moving a little faster after adding my friend's dirty filter media, but still not completely cycled.  2ppm ammonia can get processed down to 0.25 within 24 hours now, but it takes 36 hours for nitrites to get down to 0.25.   I'll probably add 2ppm more ammonia on Thursday and see where we are on Friday. 

There's a Coral Farmers Market in Socal this Saturday, so I'm hoping my tank will be cycled by then.  But we shall see.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

So things are moving a little faster after adding my friend's dirty filter media, but still not completely cycled.  2ppm ammonia can get processed down to 0.25 within 24 hours now, but it takes 36 hours for nitrites to get down to 0.25.   I'll probably add 2ppm more ammonia on Thursday and see where we are on Friday. 

There's a Coral Farmers Market in Socal this Saturday, so I'm hoping my tank will be cycled by then.  But we shall see.  

Whaaaaa, where are the deets for this farmers market?!!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

2ppm ammonia can get processed down to 0.25 within 24 hours now, but it takes 36 hours for nitrites to get down to 0.25.

Good enough for me.  I wouldn't worry too much about nitrite (it's really not that toxic at marine pH levels).  You should be fine in time for the farmer's market.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, seabass said:

Good enough for me.  I wouldn't worry too much about nitrite (it's really not that toxic at marine pH levels).  You should be fine in time for the farmer's market.

👍  Well if it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.  :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I may roll thru to the coral farmers market. I’ll have to bring my daughter. I wanted to hit the pet expo too, I think she may have more fun at the pet expo!

What a bad time to be pinching pennies...lol. 

• Like 2
Just now, MetaTank said:

I may roll thru to the coral farmers market. I’ll have to bring my daughter. I wanted to hit the pet expo too, I think she may have more fun at the pet expo!

What a bad time to be pinching pennies...lol. 

Nice.  Could do the snail hand off then if you do end up going.  I'll probably go to the Farmers Market when it opens and go to Pet Expo later in the day.  Pet Expo is so fun for the kids (they may have some aquarium vendors too).  My son loves the dog shows.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
46 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

What about the superbloom??? 

Nope hard pass, whenever the orange blossoms come in spring those two weeks were miserable 😩 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice.  Could do the snail hand off then if you do end up going.  I'll probably go to the Farmers Market when it opens and go to Pet Expo later in the day.  Pet Expo is so fun for the kids (they may have some aquarium vendors too).  My son loves the dog shows.

That was my plan, but I dunno how my daughter would handle that. It’s a long car drive, and then that would be a lot of time in her stroller/being held. She’s all about cruising right now tho. 

We we can do snail hand off anytime actually. My girlfriend fixed my headgaskets and cracked block...like a boss... so I’m all about driving right now...hahah

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

That was my plan, but I dunno how my daughter would handle that. It’s a long car drive, and then that would be a lot of time in her stroller/being held. She’s all about cruising right now tho. 

We we can do snail hand off anytime actually. My girlfriend fixed my headgaskets and cracked block...like a boss... so I’m all about driving right now...hahah

Yeah, just text me that day if you are going or not.  No biggie if we don't do hand off that day cuz my tank is still sparkling clean.  LOL.  

• Like 1
Just now, pricewayne said:

Canceling plans so I can get to this farmers market 🤳

👏 🙌 (Hopefully it is worth it.  I've never been to this one.)

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, vlangel said:

How is the cycle coming along?

Should be at the tail end now.  Probably will start adding coral this weekend.   Will you be adding your ponies soon??  We are all waiting for ponies.  😁

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Thats me and everyone else waiting for your pico to orbit the milkyway... 😂 

4 hours ago, vlangel said:

How is the cycle coming along?

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Thats me and everyone else waiting for your pico to orbit the milkyway... 😂 

Impossible standards.  Tho that will be my personal goal now before the end of this contest.  

8 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Lol this tank is great

😁 I think I've probably maxed out on the number of empty tank shots without any real lights tho.  😂

13 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Impossible standards.  Tho that will be my personal goal now before the end of this contest.  

😁 I think I've probably maxed out on the number of empty tank shots without any real lights tho.  😂

Hah for real. You're killin' me cycle!

• Like 1

Received these cool PicoRox magnetic frag mounts from @NanoRox today.  I don't have a lot of space on my limited rockwork so hoping to utilize one or two of these in the pico when the time comes.IMG_20190423_191731_723.thumb.jpg.a3ea4adc4f880091366d42feba563a79.jpg

• Like 5
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico