Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy

Just now, 748S911 said:

🤔 I need to work on my cable management too.

Are you gonna add an ATO?  I figure you won't get much evap with that CB2 hood tho.  

1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Are you gonna add an ATO?  I figure you won't get much evap with that CB2 hood tho.  

I looked into everything from cheap eBay options to diy, undecided at moment im gonna need two of them too 😩 ato micro for both is my first choice tho.

Now that I have both a FW and SW tank, I'm trying to keep my water straight.

From left to right: saltwater, dechlorinated tap, and RODI (or from highest to lowest TDS 😂).

IMG_20190410_213444_892small.jpg.598f50e567f332808190e054996f5ef5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

🤔 I need to work on my cable management too.

Been using been little hooks, glad I have a stand to hide most of this crap...lol

@TigahboyI wanna see your cable catastrophe! 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Been using been little hooks, glad I have a stand to hide most of this crap...lol

@TigahboyI wanna see your cable catastrophe! 

LOL.  Sure why not.  I've actually already started on this project so I don't have a photo of the full mess.

Here's a photo of the hole I made to feed all the cables, and I'm deburring the sharp edges (totally cut my finger when I felt it after drilling the hole).  Sanded it down after deburring.

IMG_20190410_214622_977small.jpg.6d8aed296d0955484bd325eadc66064c.jpg

Here are the cables ziptied and fed into the hole.

IMG_20190410_214541_004small.jpg.3a246efb5a0a724401114f630323972e.jpg

And here's the current mess.  Granted the mess to the right isn't plugged into anything.

IMG_20190410_214428_046small.jpg.1f23c9bfc5dadfdd65f587593c96b43d.jpg

I ordered a better power strip on Amazon which comes with a cable management box (so I can put everything into a box) and also ordered the remote control for the volcano.  Both should be coming tomorrow.  

For everything I'm running on this pico, I need a total of 8 outlets.  😒

• Like 4

For test equipment, I like Salifert for everything but phosphate.  Their phosphate test is barely passable.  So for phosphate, I use the Hanna ULR Phosphorus Checker.

Most people don't like all of Hanna's Checkers.  However, their phosphorus and alkalinity Checkers are usually reviewed fairly well.

• Like 4
Just now, seabass said:

For test equipment, I like Salifert for everything but phosphate.  Their phosphate test is barely passable.  So for phosphate, I use the Hanna ULR Phosphorus Checker.

Most people don't like all of Hanna's Checkers.  However, their phosphorus and alkalinity Checkers are usually reviewed fairly well.

Awesome.  Good to know!

27 minutes ago, seabass said:

+1

I like Salifert, it's probably my favorite brand. I like the Hanna Checker for Phosphate. I used to have their alk checker but it doesn't do that many tests and the refill reagent wasn't worth the $

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, yoshii said:

LOL your tank isn't even cycled, you can't stress about little things yet!

😂 I think I'm obsessing over everything since I have all this free time while my tank cycles.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I don't know why, but this tiny little nub in my scape bothers me.  Should I chisel it off???

2006242854_154421012(1).thumb.png.b211ed1dabbbb2dd5b9c55bbbb6ba912.png

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

😂 I think I'm obsessing over everything since I have all this free time while my tank cycles.

Why does it bug you? 

For me it looks like a nice mount for something tall and/or thin (Shaving Brush Macro for me) but then i like harsh contrasts

5 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

this tiny little nub in my scape bothers me.  Should I chisel it off??

Since you gravitate towards silhouette shots.  You might even go so far as breaking up that rock even more (surrounding the bottom of the hut with the rubble, just like you did on the bottom of the volcano).

Maybe keep  low some low lying corals like zoas and gsp so that they don't disrupt the silhouette.  But you are the artist, you know what you want the picture to look like.

So I guess, sure chisel off that nub if it bugs you.

• Like 1

We were eating breakfast this morning and my son asked me "what's that long thing on the rock?" I looked closer and saw this little guy.  Too bad it's gonna have to go bye-bye.

IMG_20190411_072429_136.jpg

This is also my first time using the ReefLens for this tank. 😂

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

@Ratvan It doesn't bother me with lights on, but I guess the silhouette looks funny to me.  Like a a tiny boot sticking out of the rocks.  

@seabass yeah, it's basically only silhouette shots now because I haven't gotten lights for this pico yet (though I do like the silhouette shots, so I'm sure more will come even when I stick real lights on this tank).  I'll see how things look once I put my real lights on, and go from there.  So I guess the nub stays for now!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

We were eating breakfast this morning and my son asked me "what's that long thing on the rock?" I looked closer and saw this little guy.  Too bad it's gonna have to go bye-bye.

IMG_20190411_072429_136.jpg

This is also my first time using the ReefLens for this tank. 😂

💀💀💀

24 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

💀💀💀

I wonder if I'm the first contestant to get aiptasia?  LOL.   At least you won't have that problem with your ancient dry rock.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I wonder if I'm the first contestant to get aiptasia?  LOL.   At least you won't have that problem with your ancient dry rock.  

Benefits of using ancient dry rock lol.

14 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

ordered 2 last night.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Auto-Top-off-system/283434720725?hash=item41fe069dd5:g:NvwAAOSwV3pbWgSl

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, asting said:

I grow my coral from seed

That's a cheap piece of kit.  What is the lift capacity?

Not sure but I have two of those tiny micro pumps and it def will push some water, I think Tigahboy has one too.  Im happy its very simple and had magnetic snail guard, I'll keep probe cleaned and maintained should last for a long long time. For 37 dollars you cant beat it great find.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico