inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy

7 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Plain ol' white backlight.

IMG_20190416_204820_189.jpg

Nothin’ plain about this! It’s so cool!!

What’re you using for your stand? I like that blue.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, yoshii said:

That is awesome!!

I'm pretty stoked about these lights; my first SW LED lights.  And Dave did an awesome job incorporating my logo.  So looking forward to seeing the finished product and getting the light on my tank.

• Like 4

Day 12 of cycle:

Very close now.  Almost zero ammonia, zero nitrites, and 20ppm nitrates.  Just dosed an additional 2ppm ammonia to see if the bacteria can process that in 24 hours. fingerscrossed

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Just dosed an additional 2ppm ammonia to see if the bacteria can process that in 24 hours.

If it can process it down to 0.25ppm in a day, you're good.  Then just do a water change, and you're done.

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, seabass said:

If it can process it down to 0.25ppm in a day, you're good.  Then just do a water change, and you're done.

See the source image

Sounds good.  If it's done by tomorrow, I'll be pretty pumped.  13 days for a cycle is pretty reasonable.  

• Like 3

Bad news: cycle is not done.  Tested 24 hours after I added 2ppm ammonia and still had 1ppm ammonia and 0.5ppm nitrites.  

Good news: I forgot to turn off the water supply to my water station last night and did not wake up to any flooding.  Thank you, ASO, check and float valves!

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
5 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Bad news: cycle is not done.  Tested 24 hours after I added 2ppm ammonia and still had 1ppm ammonia and 0.5ppm nitrites.  

Good news: I forgot to turn off the water supply to my water station last night and did not wake up to any flooding.  Thank you, ASO, check and float valves!

this has to be the longest cycle ever. lol

2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

:happydance:

Screenshot_20190419-142836.png

Screenshot_20190419-143054.png

SWEET!!!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

this has to be the longest cycle ever. lol

Feels like it.  Lol.  I'm going to my friend's kid's birthday party on Saturday (he has a reef tank) and going to steal some dirty filter media from his tank while he's busy with the party.  

• Haha 4
7 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Woot! Glad to kn ow that SEXY sexy water station functions as perfectly as it looks to be. Seriously, I need to set up my old RODI and get some new filters for it, but I don't have an appropriate area for it...or do I?

1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

:happydance:

Screenshot_20190419-142836.png

Screenshot_20190419-143054.png

This is super exciting! A nioce piece of technology right there, I'm sure you're gonna be STOKED when it arrives! Can't wait to see it in action!

56 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Splitting this Reef Cleaners order with @MetaTank as well.

Screenshot_20190419-145000.png

This is exciting, I'm super stoked! I confess, I picked up a teeny tiny hermit and one snail today since the Reefcleaners order isn't arriving till next week. The Rasta plugs came with a little hair algae, and  I wanna keep it in check, but that's all in the 7 gallon anyway. Pico has ZERO cuc except for whatever hitchhikers are in there...A limpet and a brittle star, and some pods confirmed so far

• Like 2

Going to add some artwork above the pico.  Specifically these Hawaiian fish hook necklaces that my father-in-law made/carved by hand out of different types of wood, including Koa wood.  He was very talented.  The pico will be lucky to have them hanging above it.

IMG_20190414_155921_148.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 2
On 4/19/2019 at 5:42 PM, Tigahboy said:

Feels like it.  Lol.  I'm going to my friend's kid's birthday party on Saturday (he has a reef tank) and going to steal some dirty filter media from his tank while he's busy with the party.  

Make sure you bring your own zip lock bag and just stick your hand in tank and start plucking stuff outta there.  LMAO!!

• Haha 1
On 4/20/2019 at 3:42 PM, 748S911 said:

Make sure you bring your own zip lock bag and just stick your hand in tank and start plucking stuff outta there.  LMAO!!

Lol. I did bring ziplock bags. 

Operation steal-stuff-from-my-friend's-tank:

IMG_20190420_155219_093.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Got some dirty filter media from my friend's tank and added it to the HOB.  Hoping that will help speed things up.

Not a whole lot to update while my tank cycles, so here's a photo of my dog + pico.  

IMG_20190421_184245_051.jpg

• Like 11

Cute dog!!  Remind me where you got the stand, please.  I could read through all of the pages again, but it is hard enough trying to read all of the current comments for the contest tanks.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico