Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy

1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Received these cool PicoRox magnetic frag mounts from @NanoRox today.  I don't have a lot of space on my limited rockwork so hoping to utilize one or two of these in the pico when the time comes.IMG_20190423_191731_723.thumb.jpg.a3ea4adc4f880091366d42feba563a79.jpg

I almost bought some of these when I was still thinking about breaking my rocks up for my scape...I'm eager to see how they work out

• Like 3
Just now, Tigahboy said:

@MetaTank here's a quick photo with one of the PicoRox in the tank.  I think it needs an actual coral frag on it tho.  Lol.

IMG_20190423_194449_891.jpg

Dang, I'd love to see a little torch frag or something in one of those, so you can always isolate it or locate it "down wind" of other corals as far as flow is concerned. Plus, all that extra movement it would bring higher up in the tank. Good purchase!

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

@MetaTank here's a quick photo with one of the PicoRox in the tank.  I think it needs an actual coral frag on it tho.  Lol.

Wow those are awesome! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Wow those are awesome! 

Pretty happy with them.  Maybe put some sticks on them cuz you don't get taken seriously around here unless you have some sticks.  Lol. 

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

its coming along nicely!  Now you just need some light and corals.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

its coming along nicely!  Now you just need some light and corals.

Definitely need my light and coral.  Hopefully should have both by Saturday so it's gonna get real serious up in here at that time.  

I guess another empty backlit tank shot until then.  🤷‍♂️

IMG_20190423_213436_249.jpg

• Like 5

You have plans for the inside of the Tiki Hut? Something non-photosynthetic? I have a great overhang on the right side of my big rock that doesn't get a ton of light...

13 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

You have plans for the inside of the Tiki Hut? Something non-photosynthetic? I have a great overhang on the right side of my big rock that doesn't get a ton of light...

I was hoping pom-poms might take residence in there but I know that is out of my control.  If that doesn't happen might look into putting something there.  I do like dendros and sun coral tho.

• Like 1

Team 04'! I have always loved seeing your different builds throughout the years and this Pico thread has been great to catch up on! Looking forward to seeing your addition of livestock/corals 🙂 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

New gadgets for the pico arrived today thanks to Amazon same day delivery.  

IMG_20190424_203441_595.jpg 

IMG_20190424_203653_502.jpg

Both awesome pieces of technology. I love my ITC-308. It's been really great so far.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DFL18 said:

Team 04'! I have always loved seeing your different builds throughout the years and this Pico thread has been great to catch up on! Looking forward to seeing your addition of livestock/corals 🙂 

Yay!  Another '04!  😊 Thanks for stopping by. 

Hopefully I'll find some goodies at the Coral Farmers Market this Saturday.    

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

Both awesome pieces of technology. I love my ITC-308. It's been really great so far.

Glad to hear!  More stuff I have to cram into my tiny stand tho.  Lol. 

Not even sure what kinda ATO reservoir I'm going to be able to fit in the limited space in the stand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Not even sure what kinda ATO reservoir I'm going to be able to fit in the limited space in the stand. 

May be able to scoot your tank forward and do a shorter reservoir of some kind right on top of the stand ? 🤔

I’ve been thinking I may do some sort of DIY drip ATO with a tall vase beside my tank... somehow ⚗️ 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

May be able to scoot your tank forward and do a shorter reservoir of some kind right on top of the stand ? 🤔

I’ve been thinking I may do some sort of DIY drip ATO with a tall vase beside my tank... somehow ⚗️ 

Not a bad idea.  Could squeeze a teeny tiny container behind my pico.  Man, this pico contest is a lot of work.  

A vase as an ATO would look awesome and would definitely be unique!

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
15 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I’m building an ATO tomorrow for mine 5 gallons should be enough right? I just need the equipment and I’ll be set.. I’ll have to talk to my buddy and a LFS to get a hook up on some gear 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’m building an ATO tomorrow for mine 5 gallons should be enough right? I just need the equipment and I’ll be set.. I’ll have to talk to my buddy and a LFS to get a hook up on some gear 

I think 5g would definitely be plenty.  I need to pay closer attention to how much I've been topping off but it can't be more than a gallon for the last week or so.  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Not a bad idea.  Could squeeze a teeny tiny container behind my pico.  Man, this pico contest is a lot of work.  

A vase as an ATO would look awesome and would definitely be unique!

Least it’s fun hard work ? Definitely worth the hard work. I love a good project 🙂

I'm trying to find a readily available container/reservoir that could fit in this small tray (before I have to go an get a quote for a custom acrylic box from @This guy is extra salty).  Probably can only fit something with dimensions of 8.5"(l) x 5.25"(w) x 8"(h) which only gets you to around 1.5g, but that's probably good for like 2 weeks or so for me.  Ugh.  I may need to get a quote from @This guy is extra salty. Lol.  

IMG_20190424_230427_928.jpg

12 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Least it’s fun hard work ? Definitely worth the hard work. I love a good project 🙂

Hahaha. Yes.  Definitely having a blast with this as well. Especially since this is the only SW tank I got

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
22 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm trying to find a readily available container/reservoir that could fit in this small tray (before I have to go an get a quote for a custom acrylic box from @This guy is extra salty).  Probably can only fit something with dimensions of 8.5"(l) x 5.25"(w) x 8"(h) which only gets you to around 1.5g, but that's probably good for like 2 weeks or so for me.  Ugh.  I may need to get a quote from @This guy is extra salty. Lol.  

IMG_20190424_230427_928.jpg

Hahaha. Yes.  Definitely having a blast with this as well. Especially since this is the only SW tank I got

Specific color? Etching? 

Pm me details 😉

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
36 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I think 5g would definitely be plenty.  I need to pay closer attention to how much I've been topping off but it can't be more than a gallon for the last week or so.  

Idk I have came home everyday with the HOb acting like a skimmer lol

• Like 1

Since @yoshii won't ship me anything from Hawaii, I think I'm going to have to order some stuff from IPSF.com for my pico as well.   It is pretty pricey though since it is being shipped from Hawaii (Kona).  Like 6 baby (0.5-1") bristle worms for $19.99.  😐  As far as I can tell, I have zero bristle worms in my tank and bristle worms from Hawaii would be nice, but $19.99 though??  Hmmm...

And thanks @seabass for the link in @yoshii's thread.   Now I can finally compete with her in the Hawaiian macro department as well.  LOL.

9 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Specific color? Etching? 

Pm me details 😉

PMed you.  If you give me a good deal, I'll add the following to the title of my thread: "Now featuring This guy is extra salty's ATO reservoir" or something like that.*  

*for a limited period of time.

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Since @yoshii won't ship me anything from Hawaii, I think I'm going to have to order some stuff from IPSF.com for my pico as well.   It is pretty pricey though since it is being shipped from Hawaii (Kona).  Like 6 baby (0.5-1") bristle worms for $19.99.  😐  As far as I can tell, I have zero bristle worms in my tank and bristle worms from Hawaii would be nice, but $19.99 though??  Hmmm...

And thanks @seabass for the link in @yoshii's thread.   Now I can finally compete with her in the Hawaiian macro department as well.  LOL.

PMed you.  If you give me a good deal, I'll add the following to the title of my thread: "Now featuring This guy is extra salty's ATO reservoir" or something like that.*  

*for a limited period of time.

I saw some bristle worms in the live rock at LAX aquarium about a week ago crawling all about 👀

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico