ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy

14 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Not sure but I have two of those tiny micro pumps and it def will push some water, I think Tigahboy has one too.  Im happy its very simple and had magnetic snail guard, I'll keep probe cleaned and maintained should last for a long long time. For 37 dollars you cant beat it great find.

I think I'm gonna go with Smart Micro.  Only thing I'm wondering about is whether I have to use the micro pump that comes with it.  Looks like you do based on pictures, but I would rather not.  Haha.  

14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I think I'm gonna go with Smart Micro.  Only thing I'm wondering about is whether I have to use the micro pump that comes with it.  Looks like you do based on pictures, but I would rather not.  Haha.  

They all use the similar cheap small pumps that work great for it purpose. I had the bigger version and the magnet rusted out of the sensor, reason why im not going with the micro now.  It really upset me that last time I think I paid over 140 for it to break in a year. Im doin the 37 cheap ato and testing it out. if it last longer than 1 yr im good lol. 

I just googled magnet Rusting out of smart ato and apparently I wasn't the only one with the wet side mag rusting out and leaching rust and junk in my tank. I would do some research on the micro to see if it still has that same issue.

5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Yeah, you’ll have to use the included pump with that system, unless you want to get into custom wiring a different one. What makes you want a different one though?

I have an Aqualifter pump lying around in my garage so I wanted to use it to pump FW in more slowly.  But not a big deal for me either way.  

9 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

They all use the similar cheap small pumps that work great for it purpose. I had the bigger version and the magnet rusted out of the sensor, reason why im not going with the micro now.  It really upset me that last time I think I paid over 140 for it to break in a year. Im doin the 37 cheap ato and testing it out. if it last longer than 1 yr im good lol. 

That's no bueno.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I just googled magnet Rusting out of smart ato and apparently I wasn't the only one with the wet side mag rusting out and leaching rust and junk in my tank. I would do some research on the micro to see if it still has that same issue.

I should totally put in complaint to coralvue about it, I thought It was user error but its def not and Im sure they know its was an issue on their smart ato product #Stillsalty

1 hour ago, 748S911 said:

I should totally put in complaint to coralvue about it, I thought It was user error but its def not and Im sure they know its was an issue on their smart ato product #Stillsalty

They would probably replace it.  I've been researching it as well and seems like they would replace.  Still trying to figure out if the newer ones have the same issue.  I'm going to research more, but may just end right back to the Smart Micro b/c it's so low profile.  

1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

They would probably replace it.  I've been researching it as well and seems like they would replace.  Still trying to figure out if the newer ones have the same issue.  I'm going to research more, but may just end right back to the Smart Micro b/c it's so low profile.  

Thanks 🙏 for looking into that for me, I found my reciept on brs and go from there. Hopefully they fixed it. From what i saw in the 5 seconds of google search it was a problem. Hopefully they make it right we will see. (I wonder if the led in the micro has on off switch? ) i didnt want thr beam coming thru 24/7. 

• Like 2

Took the aiptasia rock out. I like this rock and it fits perfectly around the volcano, but tempted to just toss it.  I have Joes Juice handy, but may try Aiptasia-X or boiling water or vinegar.  Decisions decisions.  Wish me luck!

IMG_20190411_181005_961.jpg

• Like 2

Joes Juiced the heck out of the aiptasia.  Going to keep the rock in a separate container while I think about whether to add it back or find a replacement rubble piece. 

IMG_20190411_205952_437.jpg

• Like 3

My Nimble Nano magnet cleaner arrived today!  Was super stoked to find out that @C Jerome was still making them in @Christopher Marks's pico thread, and I placed my order right after I found out. I've ordered quite a few of these over the years (but like over a decade ago) because of how small and effective they are at cleaning in tight spaces.  Love how it's clear too (tho they have a black version too).  

IMG_20190411_212312_958.jpg

IMG_20190411_212244_744.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

My Nimble Nano magnet cleaner arrived today!  Was super stoked to find out that @C Jerome was still making them in @Christopher Marks's pico thread, and I placed my order right after I found out. I've ordered quite a few of these over the years (but like over a decade ago) because of how small and effective they are at cleaning in tight spaces.  Love how it's clear too (tho they have a black version too).  

IMG_20190411_212312_958.jpg

IMG_20190411_212244_744.jpg

I need a good tiny magnetic cleaner. I have some tight spaces...I may have to remove the large rock during water changes to clean around it anyway, since it's touching the glass :eek:

1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

I was going to tackle my aiptasia project, but decided it would be a good idea to get doughnuts first. 😂

IMG_20190411_195305_269.jpg

The best idea ever

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I need a good tiny magnetic cleaner. I have some tight spaces...I may have to remove the large rock during water changes to clean around it anyway, since it's touching the glass :eek:

The best idea ever

The Nimble Nanos are definitely super thin but have decent cleaning surface area at the same time.  

Got the doughnuts from Duck's in HB.  They make them to order so super fresh.  Sidecar in Costa Mesa is still my favorite doughnuts tho.  

2 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Nimble Nanos are great! I should have brought mine with me when I moved 😞

Just tried mine out and still as good as I remembered.  🙂

Just now, Tigahboy said:

The Nimble Nanos are definitely super thin but have decent cleaning surface area at the same time.  

Got the doughnuts from Duck's in HB.  They make them to order so super fresh.  Sidecar in Costa Mesa is still my favorite doughnuts tho.  

There's a sidecar out here in Santa Monica...Those are some good doughnuts

• Like 1

Got a new power strip with cable management box and remote controlled outlets for the volcano today as well.  I wanted to set this up today, but the doughnut detour has made me tired, so I'll push this out to tomorrow.  

IMG_20190411_214444_513.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

There's a sidecar out here in Santa Monica...Those are some good doughnuts

Oh yeah that's right.  They have one in Del Mar too now.  I like Blue Star Doughnuts too which is in Venice (tho originally from PDX).

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

They are well built! I remember I had a Two Little Fishes Nano Mag and the round magnet cracked the square scrub pad and rusted into the tank

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Added a remote control to control the volcano lights and bubbler.  The remote (and the mount that it attaches to) has magnets on it so I can stick it anywhere on the metal stand.  

Here's a demo by my son of the remote control:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Seeing lots of pods in the tank now.  I wonder if they appreciate a light show:

Rainbow Volcano.gif

(my son's favorite backlight setting of course.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico