Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy

4 hours ago, Daniel91 said:

Glue it down so you are protected next time you decide to dance next to the tank xD

Not a bad idea cuz the dancing must go on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

How has the Damsel been for you in the Pico? Also what are your long term plans for the fish?

Unfortunately, I think the damsel is gone.  😢  Haven't seen him past few days.  I think my sexy shrimp also met the same fate.  She's missing as well. 

I was going to move both into my 20g after this contest was over.   No more fish for this tank though.

• Sad 5
5 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Thanks and sorry for the losses

Thanks.  To be perfectly honest, I haven't been giving the pico as much attention as I should.  Having some nuisance algae issues as well.  Been focusing on my 20g and been a lot busier at work.  Hoping to get it cleaned up and back on track soon.    Or maybe I'll just take it down.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks.  To be perfectly honest, I haven't been giving the pico as much attention as I should.  Having some nuisance algae issues as well.  Been focusing on my 20g and been a lot busier at work.  Hoping to get it cleaned up and back on track soon.    Or maybe I'll just take it down.  

Yeah I am on a count down until the contest finishes now as well, trying to sort permanent homes. Hoping i could use a Damsel as a dither fish as well 

• Like 2

So I was about to head out for work this morning and saw a big puddle around my pico.  Ugh.  Cleaned it all up, took off the HOB filter (my primary suspect for the leak) and unplugged the ATO.  The salinity was low bc the ATO refilled the leaking tank, but things looked OK. 

If there's still a leak when I come back, it's probably a leak in the tank itself.  I'm hoping it's just the HOB though.  fingerscrossed

I ordered a replacement HOB awhile back thinking this cheapo HOB could crap out at any second, so I'll add the new one when I get back home.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2
22 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Glad it wasn't the tank!

Me too!  Tho I thought maybe this was my chance to finally be done with this contest.  😁Just kidding!...  Maybe. 

• Haha 1
Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

No leaks when I got home, so it was the HOB.

Spare HOB to the rescue!

Glad it wasn't too bad! Which model filter ended up failing on you? Was it one of those Azoo models from the Foster Smith clearance?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Glad it wasn't too bad! Which model filter ended up failing on you? Was it one of those Azoo models from the Foster Smith clearance?

Thanks!  It's an Aquaneat HB-10 and I found it on eBay.  

1 hour ago, seabass said:

Looks like you got it all cleaned up.

Look as great, but still waiting for some hula dancers.

31l6OweQ42L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/12-Piece-Hawaiian-Decorating-A1-supplies/dp/B01N216QHL/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Hula+cake&qid=1568278099&sr=8-2

Those are great!  I feel like he needs a dancing dashboard model that hulas with the flow!  Can we find this man a reef safe model that dances?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Opotter said:

Can we find this man a reef safe model that dances?

I've looked; there are some nice resin dancers that are about 4" tall.  However, all the ones I've seen use springs to make them hula.  You'd need to modify them to make them reef safe.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

You think this could be reef safe?

I would think so.  It's made to be a cake decoration (so they should be food safe).

Not sure if they would float or not.  However, you could probably epoxy them down on some rubble or something if they do float.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, seabass said:

I would think so.  It's made to be a cake decoration (so they should be food safe).

Not sure if they would float or not.  However, you could probably epoxy them down on some rubble or something if they do float.

Ordered.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Got a couple top down shots.

Japanese Pink Nephthea.

IMG_20190912_201746_650.thumb.jpg.49e81f0a354c7a06fdf0e402215d287a.jpg

Torch.  Looks like it's starting to develop a green base!  Or I just failed to notice it all this time.  🤷‍♂️

IMG_20190912_201239_109.thumb.jpg.fa47742efa4dcca1c5163562a2860b98.jpg 

• Like 7
  • Wow 2