yoshii

Yoshii's Old School 2.5g Hawaiian Pico 🌴

yoshii
On 5/21/2019 at 7:38 AM, Ratvan said:

Beautiful tank, I keep wanting to ask about the lighting then I remember it's natural.

Would love to see more of the Zebra Goby if it ever stops being shy 😍😍

Oh the Zebra Blenny is out and about almost all the time! I should get more pics of him. Definitely not shy anymore 🙂

On 5/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, Maddie said:

I'm not quite sure how to tell them apart. I hope that the other little one is found! Gorgeous tank!

Thank you! I think the chances are slim now, but I'm still hoping it will appear.

• Like 2

yoshii

Figured out the (cool) reason my Halimeda has been getting white!

Found this little guy on the glass, a "sap-sucking slug" (probably Elysia spp. Edit: yep, Elysia pusilla, sometimes called Elysiella pusilla) that sucks out the cell contents of the Halimeda, leaving the white "skeleton" behind. It uses the chloroplasts in its own body, just like the Lettuce Sea Slugs people often use to eat hair algae. Very cool! It's the exact same color as the Halimeda, and I never saw it when I was inspecting my macro.

IMG_20190522_195809530.thumb.jpg.c6122c83291cfd91294e1e8ba7d5030b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 5

Punk_Rock_Blenny
4 hours ago, yoshii said:

Figured out the (cool) reason my Halimeda has been getting white!

Found this little guy on the glass, a "sap-sucking slug" (probably Elysia spp. Edit: yep, Elysia pusilla, sometimes called Elysiella pusilla) that sucks out the cell contents of the Halimeda, leaving the white "skeleton" behind. It uses the chloroplasts in its own body, just like the Lettuce Sea Slugs people often use to eat hair algae. Very cool! It's the exact same color as the Halimeda, and I never saw it when I was inspecting my macro.

IMG_20190522_195809530.thumb.jpg.c6122c83291cfd91294e1e8ba7d5030b.jpg

It's so cute, you keeping it?

• Like 1

Tempestas

Yay for cool coloured sea slugs!

• Like 1