Goby photoshoot before going in the tank

I put them in a tiny tupperware container before adding them to the tank

IMG_1772re.jpg.0aa42d2f2d8cadfe4ae3003b6447edaf.jpg

IMG_1778re.jpg.519ca4c59637ab8ae76b10d0f468120f.jpg

IMG_1780re.jpg.3c0a15bf8905ca6a7197eeabb6710e66.jpg

They're gorgeous! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

😍😍 Oh man, I need me some petite gobies.  

AAAAAMAZING additions!

They are pretty cool! I wish I could send you some!

12 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Wow! Super cute fishies!!!

Thanks! I hope they will become more tame and come out 🙂

11 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I literally Googled: "petite gobies for sale" as soon as I saw your pics.  Nothing popped up.  😥

Awww. Yeah if you Google search them there are only a few good pictures and most are of dead specimens. There is a very similar species that lives in the rest of the Pacific, P. semidoliata, maybe you could find one of those?

Edit: I found a pic of a P. semidoliata from Quality Marine, so they make it in the trade! They are more of a yellow/orange compared to the Petite Goby's red, but have cool stronger face markings

11 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

They're gorgeous! 

Aren't they? 😍

2 hours ago, Wendy said:

Awww, look at those cuties!

Hope they will settle in well & come out & about for you!

Thanks Wendy! I'm hoping the same thing 🙂 I caught them exploring a little bit last night, but they darted away when I approached the tank

• Like 3

Tried feeding some tiny pellets this morning and at least one of the Gobies is eating pellets! :happydance: It sits upside down under the main cave and darts out to grab food. Hopefully the other will learn and I won't have to pipette them frozen food every day.

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
1 hour ago, William said:

you wouldn't be able to ship them to the mainland would you?

I don't think so. I don't really know how that would work. I know companies here probably have a commercial license/permit, but I don't know if an individual can ship stuff like live fish.

But I wouldn't want to ship them anyway, sorry.

1 hour ago, ef4life said:

Awesome little gobies, I hope they do well for you in your pico

Thank you! I hope so too 🙂

4 hours ago, William said:

you wouldn't be able to ship them to the mainland would you?

Something similar would be trimma and other pygmy gobies, there are a handful of them, can be tricky to hunt down though. Super-short lifespans as well, not quite killifish but only just barely.

3 hours ago, asting said:

Looking good, but just wait until i add the tang to my tank. you are going down.

Darn I have to go catch another tiny tang to compete!

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Something similar would be trimma and other pygmy gobies, there are a handful of them, can be tricky to hunt down though. Super-short lifespans as well, not quite killifish but only just barely.

+1 Trimma and Eviota Gobies are very similar. There are a few species of Priolepis gobies in the trade too, I think @Snow_Phoenix just got hers recently

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
41 minutes ago, yoshii said:

+1 Trimma and Eviota Gobies are very similar. There are a few species of Priolepis gobies in the trade too, I think @Snow_Phoenix just got hers recently

Yep. But mine is super-cryptic. I only see a snippet of his fins behind my rock. :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Yep. But mine is super-cryptic. I only see a snippet of his fins behind my rock. :lol: 

So are mine lol, that's why I knew I had to take pics before they went in the tank

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Finally noticed some algae on the glass, so I ordered a Nimble Nano from @C Jerome! These are great, can't wait to get mine 🙂 And shipping was super cheap so that was a nice surprise :lol:

image.png.961ffc63ba0386eb9e5266f109423e24.png

• Like 7

LFS trip on Sunday, it's on my way home from church so it's hard not to stop by! 

They had some cave shrimp in stock! I was thinking about trying to collect these myself, but they live at deeper depths, in caves. They were $20 but said they will be getting more since summer is here and their divers are collecting. So if I can't find some other cool shrimp myself, I might end up getting one of these

IMG_20190505_125744796.thumb.jpg.a6ba1b01ce697b15bf572d7a995917a1.jpg

They also had this gorgeous bandit angel that was not shy at all, and chowing down on frozen food! 😍

IMG_20190505_125826046.thumb.jpg.4a6fad4fba642ec12e08ce1610182be6.jpg

And here's the 6g bookshelf tank I've been staring at every time i come in. I don't think it's low-iron glass, but I still like the style. Maybe for after the contest... :ninja:

IMG_20190505_124809078.thumb.jpg.475811da8588591a391191fb217fa459.jpg

And on Saturday I went to the FW store (across from the comic book store for free comic book day!) And wow I love their tanks. Literally every tank in the store is UN. This is part of their fish-for-sale wall, looking like minimalist displays!

IMG_20190504_134112250.thumb.jpg.c5d40d859cdc7a9777c6e2f07024af64.jpg

They sell UN 6g longs too, although only get shipments occasionally and sell out fast.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

The tank is really beautiful and all those critters are fascinating 🙂

Your gobies remind me of the Rusty Gobies KPA sells but yours are more flashy. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I thought the same thing about them looking similar to rusty gobies.  I have always wanted some of those.  Of course I am jelly of yoshii's gobies!

On 5/7/2019 at 8:14 AM, Tamberav said:

On 5/7/2019 at 12:39 PM, vlangel said:

I thought the same thing about them looking similar to rusty gobies.  I have always wanted some of those.  Of course I am jelly of yoshii's gobies!

Oh wow yeah they are very similar! KPA always has really cool stuff

What a neat tank!  So much to learn from a setup like this, it's really neat to see stuff you can't get anywhere else.  I hope the gobies start coming out for you cuz they are super cute!

Cave shrimp looks quite neat! I’ve been holding out for an interesting(and pico sized) invert as well, but haven’t seen any as cool as that shrimp. Just the basics, though I saw a beautiful harlequin shrimp the other day.

i hope you find just what you’re looking for!!

• Like 1