Innovative Marine Aquariums

Old School Cool

asting

16 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I have never had a maxi mini but they seem like they might be more like RFA.  RBTA seem to have been the worst for me.  Just when I would think it was happy and content, I would get up the next morning with it in a new spot.  I never knew where I was going to find it.

Yeah they have been terrible in my 13.5. I've played with powerheads enough to try and get them where i want.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, asting said:

did a 40% WC, removed seedrock.

FTS:

60u22rO.jpg

Houdini

By8vYqZ.jpg

Wow...this doesn't make me feel like I'm lagging behind at all... SARCASM....

NICE! Love the arch, it looks sooo nice already, loving the livestock!

35 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Wow...this doesn't make me feel like I'm lagging behind at all... SARCASM....

NICE! Love the arch, it looks sooo nice already, loving the livestock!

Thanks. I really want a traceys damsel, but no one has then in stock online and no one locally can order then for me.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty

Sweet rockscape! 

It took me 5 minutes to figure out what is in the top right corner of your tank...🤦‍♂️

You need better pictures of the nem pre hob accident and post 

• Like 1

Yeah the first is pre accident in my other tank, and that one is post. Given you can cut them in half to multiply them I'm not too concerned.

The blue on this tank is not so nice. I think I might swap it. Anyone with the asta 20 have comments? I also have a par38 bulb and fixture, but am not sure I want to fire it up.

Top right? The PVC elbow ATO, or the magnetic cleaner?

46 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Yeah, very nice arch...what kind of putty/epoxy did you use??

Thanks! Aquascape used in 3 stages so i had something rigid to work off of.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Tempestas said:

Such a great arch. And I love the white background as well.

Thanks!

I'm playing hookey today and just freed my red/green pest nems from the rock in my 20L. They are much more uniformly colored than RFAs, although maybe they are RFAs?

I bought one for $10 3 years ago and now have 2 and one tiny one. they put up with some serious tank neglect, so hopefully they don't overrun the tank. I'll take a photo once the lights are on to show and maybe get an ID.

Mystery RFA

CBXuarY.jpg

You can see the ricordea that detached himself in my other tank hiding in the back. Hopefully he grabs on or i might try to help with some glue. You can also see all the bits of sand/rock from me smashing up the seedrock. i just used a cup for my last water change, but will siphon that stuff out.

G7oXiMz.jpg

Maxi Mini - Mr. Aqua

IVb3PWj.jpg

horxEwB.jpg

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I think those a bournaman or barancaman anemone the same family as rock flowers 

Ah i see bourneman is what google autocorrected to. Looks just like it. I have two, and a mini 3rd.

18 hours ago, asting said:

Yeah the first is pre accident in my other tank, and that one is post. Given you can cut them in half to multiply them I'm not too concerned.

The blue on this tank is not so nice. I think I might swap it. Anyone with the asta 20 have comments? I also have a par38 bulb and fixture, but am not sure I want to fire it up.

Top right? The PVC elbow ATO, or the magnetic cleaner?

I have the asta 20 and really like it so far. you can change its channel so you can go blue, white , purple, red/green or any combo mix of the color.  During the day I run a mix of channel one at 6, channel 2 at 1 channel 3 at 3 clicks. At night I just put 3 clicks on channel 4 which is the red/green and cut the others off  and push it back over the ac 50 HOB where I have a little chaeto.  I am not sure if that is a good macro spectrum, guess I will find out in a couple off weeks if things live/grow.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, kimdawg said:

I have the asta 20 and really like it so far. you can change its channel so you can go blue, white , purple, red/green or any combo mix of the color.  During the day I run a mix of channel one at 6, channel 2 at 1 channel 3 at 3 clicks. At night I just put 3 clicks on channel 4 which is the red/green and cut the others off  and push it back over the ac 50 HOB where I have a little chaeto.  I am not sure if that is a good macro spectrum, guess I will find out in a couple off weeks if things live/grow.

Ah it's cool it has those options, but it sounds like you have to manually do it every day. I work long days sometimes so need automation.

On an unrelated note, I've been using a janky mounted rpi zero to host a webpage with a video feed of my 13.5

This just showed up for the pico:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F381998026769

I just need to figure out how to adjust the mount to give some clearance for the wide angle optics to mount. Then I need to set up a reverse proxy to allow for use of port 80 for both cameras, and a landing page of sorts.

• Like 2

No I just set it up the way I want it and it will come back on that way every day by a timer.  I have been changing at night by hand just to play with it, but that is not necessary.

5 minutes ago, KISReef said:

I thought bowfront tanks were not allowed.  Unless it's in the "break the rules" category. Ummm :unsure:

This was one of the few allowable bow front options since not everyone had access to standard 2.5 gallon rectangles 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The white background and the scape look awesome. 👍 I can tell you put some thought and effort into it's design so far. 🎯

5 hours ago, kimdawg said:

No I just set it up the way I want it and it will come back on that way every day by a timer.  I have been changing at night by hand just to play with it, but that is not necessary.

Oh neat. Does it do transitions, or just stay at the fixed levels? It looks like a good light, and sunrise/sunset are a bit more than i'd anticipate it would do for the price.

3 hours ago, KISReef said:

The white background and the scape look awesome. 👍 I can tell you put some thought and effort into it's design so far. 🎯

Thanks. Yep, this tank was permitted! I need to figure out what will cover the arch. maybe try to get zoas all over it?