inTank Media Baskets

Ratvan's Old School Pico - Rockwall Pico v2

Ratvan

13 minutes ago, seabass said:

It's awfully nice of them to help out (and even add to).  Hopefully the new rock is fully cured.  It's a nice amount of rock (especially for a bare bottom tank).

I think this tank holds a lot of potential.  I hope you and your tank continue to recover!

I am very lucky, I think that I know who got the Monti. They'll be getting one of my tanks soon as I know that she wants to start reefing.

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Still looking promising - nice of them to put all of their time into it. It's a good thing most marine life can handle rapid drops in salinity better than rapid increases - did you correct the salinity?

I did a small WC, took Salinity down to 1.033. I'll do the same on Monday or get one of the staff to if i am not in. 

That should get me to 1.027 ish

I figured that any big change (up or down) would not be great 

However Zoa's are slowly opening and Duncan's skirt looks a bit more plump 

• Like 3

In emergencies, corals are actually more tolerant to change than you'd think. When we are looking for good growth, that is when consistency is key. They can tolerate a rapid change towards "better" water usually with no problems. Your approach is of course safe and effective as well; best of luck.

• Like 2
Just now, Wonderboy said:

In emergencies, corals are actually more tolerant to change than you'd think. When we are looking for good growth, that is when consistency is key. They can tolerate a rapid change towards "better" water usually with no problems. Your approach is of course safe and effective as well; best of luck.

It was more for the inverts (that are now dead anyway) and the fish that are in the tank 

Oh well, at least I'll know for next time

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well I am back at work, although on light duties. Which means sadly I am confined to my desk (oh no, what will I do with myself) Everything still looks pissed off, I plan on doing tests and a water change tomorrow (so many meetings and catch ups today), although I think i have an issue with the heater (tank feels cool to the touch) 

20190624_120126.thumb.jpg.ecfbe8f792693aa8ad1a3f102cea4549.jpg

Just need everything to hold on until Friday when i can sort a few things out. And also payday.

Montipora looks like it's going the way of the other SPS

20190624_120133.thumb.jpg.a353008adac0f3c442d4b94059e1197c.jpg

• Like 2

I definitely wouldn't get rid of your monti.  You could break off the white sections if you wish; but if the tissue isn't continuing to recede, it may not be necessary.  A good sized water change might do just as much for it. :unsure:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

I definitely wouldn't get rid of your monti.  You could break off the white sections if you wish; but if the tissue isn't continuing to recede, it may not be necessary.  A good sized water change might do just as much for it. :unsure:

Ok sweet, i'll do a big change tonight before leaving work. See how that works out

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

So yeah my SW container leaked and I list the whole 5g. Flooded downstairs slightly so will pick up new container and water tomorrow for the change. 

That sucks big time! I’m sorry to hear about that, hopefully there isn’t too much water damage, it would suck if they said no more fish tanks at work!

Dam now a mini flood! I don't usually follow astrology but you should find out if Mars is retrograde or your sun sign is in the wrong house. How ever all that stuff goes. Don't waste any $$ on lotto tickets either.  Seriously sounds like it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Dam now a mini flood! I don't usually follow astrology but you should find out if Mars is retrograde or your sun sign is in the wrong house. How ever all that stuff goes. Don't waste any $$ on lotto tickets either.  Seriously sounds like it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Well you know what they say, "if it weren't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all"

Anyways, water change completed and I decided to add Benny this morning. He has nipped up to the surface a few times this morning for a pellet and seen him picking at the rocks and generally hovering around in that weird helicopter fish way

20190625_090952.thumb.jpg.57b8063270d14e080509ae18bfcafe01.jpg

20190625_091014.thumb.jpg.ce0bf346ce42c2868208a9acd780c719.jpg

Actively looking for a second Goby now

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Well you know what they say, "if it weren't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all"

Lolz. Sounds like the type of luck that I have.

And Yay!! Benny's finally in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm quite excited to see that little fish again myself  :]  Excited Benny's getting a friend, too. I'm glad that things are starting to roll for you despite certain circumstances - I think maybe it's a good idea to wish for you the best kind of luck this go around  :wink:  Hoping everything goes well for you both in and outside of your pico. Of course, looking forward to your updates!

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I'm quite excited to see that little fish again myself  :]  Excited Benny's getting a friend, too. I'm glad that things are starting to roll for you despite certain circumstances - I think maybe it's a good idea to wish for you the best kind of luck this go around  :wink:  Hoping everything goes well for you both in and outside of your pico. Of course, looking forward to your updates!

Hopefully I can get this tank to turn the corner, spent lunch break cleaning random brown gunk off of my Zoa Frags, then getting an Iodine dip, they're starting to open slightly again. It'll take a little while but fairly confident that I should be able to get everything back on track (with assistance from here of course), fished the snails out this morning as they have passed. I forgot that cleaning out the sand would also clean out a lot of the algae they eat. 

Clean up Crew is now.

Penny (Hermit)

Nassarius Snail

Various Worms and Stars. 

• Like 8
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Hopefully I can get this tank to turn the corner, spent lunch break cleaning random brown gunk off of my Zoa Frags, then getting an Iodine dip, they're starting to open slightly again. It'll take a little while but fairly confident that I should be able to get everything back on track (with assistance from here of course), fished the snails out this morning as they have passed. I forgot that cleaning out the sand would also clean out a lot of the algae they eat. 

Clean up Crew is now.

Penny (Hermit)

Nassarius Snail

Various Worms and Stars. 

oh damn! Look at that little guy :happydance:

• Like 1