Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ratvan's Old School Pico - Rockwall Pico v2

Ratvan

Wow, now that is dedication to a cause! 💛 I think I’ll just stick with donating money to charities myself. 😉 So sorry to hear about your injuries and hospitalization, and what sounds like a recent diagnosis as well... get well soon!!! 💛🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Holy sh*** @Ratvan  I'd hate to see the loser 😂.  Congrats on the win!

Get better soon bro, and KO that cancer.

His nose looks awful, apart from that he is fine. Will see if he'll send me a pic. He is currently feeling really guilty though. lol

Each of us are trying to work out the punches that caused the most damage, you know for later improvement  

Might see if i can treat myself to a tattoo when I get out of here

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Wow bud, sorry to hear about the injuries. 2 weeks in the hospital sounds pretty miserable. I wish you a speedy recovery!!

• Thanks 1

Ok so couple of things, this is my opponent Shaun. Handsome fella. 

brokennose1.jpg.1f6a44dc3467ec36985f7514f612ea01.jpg

Ummm yeah 😄

More importantly got a few messages from work last night and early this morning. Seems that my office have set up the tank for me. I have lost some Corals by the looks of things but all in all, I have to hand it to my colleagues. Looks pretty good to me

20190618_082631.thumb.jpg.a18830132358b3db897b4e3422134cff.jpg

20190618_082637.thumb.jpg.289885c4898503ef111be26293925c7d.jpg

Liking the camera angle in that last one

• Like 5
  • Wow 2

Lol yeah, I thought charity boxing matches were more like a sparring match...you’re only supposed to hurt yourself for actual money.

• Like 3
This guy is extra salty
16 hours ago, Ratvan said:

brokennose1.jpg.1f6a44dc3467ec36985f7514f612ea01.jpg

Omfg dude is hella salty 😂 

cauliflower ear and broken nose 

dude probably thinks he looks like owen Wilson 🤣 

👍 good job

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

👍 good job

@Ratvan in the ring.....

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Geeez, so were you guys mad at each other or something??

Lol no, we got to pick our opponent, me and Shaun have a "healthy" competitive streak

7 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Lol yeah, I thought charity boxing matches were more like a sparring match...you’re only supposed to hurt yourself for actual money.

Well, it should have been...... that lasted what? 3 seconds

6 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

👍 good job

Thanks

6 hours ago, 748S911 said:

@Ratvan in the ring.....

Well currently referred to as "One Punch Micky" 🙄

In other news, my Zoa's sound like they're buggered!

"Covered in Brown Gunk" 

Getting some photos, instructions for gentle scrub and dip to be sent shortly

• Haha 2

20190619_110237.thumb.jpg.8b5dda98c2b7ef308c942d316e76b829.jpg

So this is what my Zoas look like apparently, encased in some Brown Gunk. Have gone ahead and told the guys at work to do a Dettol Dip and Scrub, followed by Iodine Based Dip. 

20190619_110020.thumb.jpg.353560eed8f5899dcaa392b67daecfcc.jpg

Pretty sure the the SPS Pavona/Lepto has gone as well. Duncan hanging in there. Come on Duncan

20190619_110030.thumb.jpg.c9824e3bae243fde18a904e96770e2b9.jpg

The next Coral order is going to be something that I want to encrust over the bottom glass. 

Currently thinking;

Turbinaria, Favia, Favites or Chalice maybe a couple of them

Also want to put in some Goniopora to give the tank some movement as well as possibly a Euphyllia

Also planning an escape Friday afternoon so I can go in and do a water change

• Like 3
  • Wow 3

It sucks that you can't deal with the reefing yourself - must be frustrating. Hang in there though - I'm sure your zoas will make it by well enough by the time you can get at things again. Sounds like a thorough treatment; I usually just do a 30 second dip and swish with 30% H2O2 (the 3% strength) 70% tank water when I see anything growing on zoas. I really haven't had to do anything else, but I'm not entirely sure what your zoas are dealing with either... I like the idea of a euphyllia, easy to cater to - goniopora are tricky; if you must try, get an ORA one. I have recently put a goniopora in my pico, and it is really testing my ability to respond to influences. Goniopora is also real particular with flow - I am worried that you might have a hard time finding a good spot in there.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

It sucks that you can't deal with the reefing yourself - must be frustrating. Hang in there though - I'm sure your zoas will make it by well enough by the time you can get at things again. Sounds like a thorough treatment; I usually just do a 30 second dip and swish with 30% H2O2 (the 3% strength) 70% tank water when I see anything growing on zoas. I really haven't had to do anything else, but I'm not entirely sure what your zoas are dealing with either... I like the idea of a euphyllia, easy to cater to - goniopora are tricky; if you must try, get an ORA one. I have recently put a goniopora in my pico, and it is really testing my ability to respond to influences. Goniopora is also real particular with flow - I am worried that you might have a hard time finding a good spot in there.

Excuse the ignorance, whats ORA?

• Like 1

That's okay, I don't know what's available to you over there, but ORA is an aquaculturing company based out of Florida here. Their corals are known for tolerating different aquarium parameters better than other specimen.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

That's okay, I don't know what's available to you over there, but ORA is an aquaculturing company based out of Florida here. Their corals are known for tolerating different aquarium parameters better than other specimen.

Hmmmm don't think we have that company over here.

I know that the coral, fish and inverts that I buy online are from UK Grown Corals/ Tank Bred in UK

• Like 2

Cool, I think I would try to keep almost anything if it was cultured outside of nature. If it doesn't hurt the finances, doing is the best way to learn.

• Like 2

So I managed to walk into my workplace after my hospital tests this morning. It took me so much longer than it should have done. 

Anyways updates.

FTS of Sorts. Some new additions to the Pico have been made. 

20190621_130020.thumb.jpg.2b44e4deb336e98e4427a410babe68fd.jpg

Seems like someone has added a lot more smaller rocks to the Pico, I am very happy with this as this is more or less what I wanted to do with it regardless. I also notice some new corals. 

20190621_130042.thumb.jpg.31d74a576266d26b0170beccff1cc5cd.jpg

So when my staff went to the LFS to pick up RODI water to mix up a batch for water changes seems someone (who doesn't want to be known) also picked up the above encrusting Montipora. Doesn't look too bad. But everything in the tank is closed up and looks angry. 

SG is 1.037. So top offs have been done using Salt Water. Not a problem I don't think in the main run. Although a couple of the Sexies are looking less than pretty. Might have to replace those at a later date. 

20190621_130054.thumb.jpg.1ac4ba88d6734b8d95c64e59f81fd011.jpg

Zoas looking annoyed

20190621_130037.thumb.jpg.f3e1e89101691f2920681f8b32741f95.jpg

Duncan flesh receeding at base, heads forming on other side

• Like 6
  • Wow 2

It's awfully nice of them to help out (and even add to).  Hopefully the new rock is fully cured.  It's a nice amount of rock (especially for a bare bottom tank).

I think this tank holds a lot of potential.  I hope you and your tank continue to recover!

• Like 6

Still looking promising - nice of them to put all of their time into it. It's a good thing most marine life can handle rapid drops in salinity better than rapid increases - did you correct the salinity?

• Like 2