ReefCleaners.org

Biocube 14 with ai prime hd

sharpie9725

sharpie9725

So I recently purchased an AI prime HD to go over my 14 gallon biocube. My setup is as follows 

- jebao sw-2 wavemaker set on else mode

- maxi jet 900 return pump

- intank media basket in middle chamber with filter floss on top with the black porous sponge directly below. Second chamber of the media basket runs chemipure blue. Third has Purigen with another of the black porous sponge. 

-tunze nano ato in return chamber

I’ve had my runs with saltwater in the past off and on for about 2 years. I get impatient and eventually give up. This time is going to be different. I’ve purchased many gadgets to make this build as easy and maintainence free as possible (aside from water changes of course). I’m hoping to keep this running for the long haul. 

Here is what my tank looks like this far 

my frogspawn is unhappy. I’ve narrowed the culprit down to the lighting. I believe it was just too intense for it and that’s my fault. I slapped the ai prime on the tank without taking into account the sheer power of the light. So i now have the light set in acclamation mode which should get it extending its polyps more. 

88CCA1C7-D0FB-4302-B996-E0C11E4A787C.jpeg

Nice. Similar to a 10 gallon I have setup with the prime and tunze ATO (only I have the next model up with the emergency float valve). I don't really like to run chemical filtration, though.

As long as you're testing and the levels look more or less good I think you're probably right on the too much light thing, depending on what the lighting was on the tank they came from.

I am in a similar situation where last time I did it sort of half-assed and this time I'm not messing around... I was also drinking heavily back then and now I'm sober so that helps a lot, haha. But I'm spending a few extra bucks here and there to make things easier/better, going slow and making a point to enjoy the ride rather than trying to stock it up too quick, etc. I always kept mine alive before (until an out-of-town power outage nuked it) but things didn't thrive and I would get frustrated with it. That was like 6 or 7 years ago maybe when I started my last tank and it's ridiculous how much things have advanced.

Anyways, enjoy!