Coral Vue Hydros

Lost Ponies of Atlantis Pico

vlangel

Just now, Ratvan said:

The Dwarf Ponies would have been great, but as @seabass says.

DONT GO! Tank looks great how it is

The tank isn't going anywhere and ponies are not rule out forever.  I would still like to keep them someday.  

• Like 5
15 hours ago, vlangel said:

I am excited for you and your dwarf seahorses.  I hope they do well for you.

Unfortunately today I realized that I have too many irons in the fire so I cancelled my dwarf seahorse order.  Reluctantly I am dropping out of the old school pico contest.  I plan to keep the tank running as a shrimp tank but I wont be doing anything else special with it.  

Best of luck to the rest of the contestants!

Aww man, you had me all excited thinking if you could do it, I can do it

I was looking forward to seeing how that bbs hatcher worked too but I totally understand.  I was actually debating on taking my little tank down too...  feeling overwhelmed at idea of keeping them in live food...

I agree you should keep in the pico contest too... it looks great 🤗

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The lost ponies' pico just lost its seahorse statue this morning.  I moved it to the 30g seahorse tank.  I still have this old school pico up with a few coral and red macros in it for the feeder shrimp.  Its easier to clean this way and easier to net shrimp.  Plus the big seahorse tank needed the green macro algae for added color.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Do you have a thread for your 30g seahorse tank? I'd love to see it!

Also, when you got your ghost shrimp, were they in saltwater at the store?

I ask because I asked for ghost shrimp at my LFS & they said that they're in freshwater & I'd have to switch them over to saltwater.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Do you have a thread for your 30g seahorse tank? I'd love to see it!

Also, when you got your ghost shrimp, were they in saltwater at the store?

I ask because I asked for ghost shrimp at my LFS & they said that they're in freshwater & I'd have to switch them over to saltwater.

I do have a thread for the seahorse tank- Dawn's pony garden.  I am getting ready to add some pics so watch for those.

I get a lot of ghost shrimp (250) so I order them from a guy I found online.  He collects them in brackish waters so they are in Specific gravity of about .017 .  I slowly acclimate them to .023 and they live a long time in my tanks.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
Christopher Marks
On 5/23/2019 at 6:39 PM, vlangel said:

Unfortunately today I realized that I have too many irons in the fire so I cancelled my dwarf seahorse order.  Reluctantly I am dropping out of the old school pico contest.  I plan to keep the tank running as a shrimp tank but I wont be doing anything else special with it.

@vlangel As the Old School Pico Reef Competition comes to an end this weekend, I wanted to thank you for participating and sharing your journey! ❤️ 

Is the tank still up and running with shrimp? 🙂 

• Like 1
On 10/23/2019 at 3:45 PM, Christopher Marks said:

@vlangel As the Old School Pico Reef Competition comes to an end this weekend, I wanted to thank you for participating and sharing your journey! ❤️ 

Is the tank still up and running with shrimp? 🙂 

Thanks Christopher,  no actually I just took it down about 2 weeks ago since we are getting new livingroom furniture.  I kind of miss not staying in the contest but look forward to seeing all the other old school tanks in a week or so!

• Like 4