inTank Media Baskets

Lost Ponies of Atlantis Pico

vlangel

12 hours ago, vlangel said:

Please don't let me doing this stop you.  If 2 dwarf seahorse tanks are entered, we can learn from one another what works best since I am sure that we will not be doing everything the same.  It can further expand that aspect of the hobby.

You're totally right. I'm excited to see how yours turns out! best of luck:)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TatiannaC said:

You're totally right. I'm excited to see how yours turns out! best of luck:)

I hope you decide on a pony tank too but wishing you the best whatever you do!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Look up Red Sea nano filter is it about that size?

From what I could see it looked similiar.  If I had seen a red sea nano filter I would've chosen it because I have had good luck with red sea products.

OMG! I thought about ponies too since these tanks are a nice size for it. I don't think I have the skills though having never kept ponies. I am eager to learn from your thread. 

Do you buy special eggs then that are magnetic? That feeder looks really cool and I may pick one up to use with my fish. 

I picked up a tiny filter too... I mean... $3.50? Why not!!

image.png.fa839557edc59765e435cc1151a53b71.png

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

OMG! I thought about ponies too since these tanks are a nice size for it. I don't think I have the skills though having never kept ponies. I am eager to learn from your thread. 

Do you buy special eggs then that are magnetic? That feeder looks really cool and I may pick one up to use with my fish. 

I picked up a tiny filter too... I mean... $3.50? Why not!!

image.png.fa839557edc59765e435cc1151a53b71.png

I like!  I hope I have the skills for dwarfs, 😑.

2 minutes ago, vlangel said:

2019-03-30_08-46-10

So how many of you knew that the janky seahorse statue was going to end up here? LOL. I couldn't help myself!

Love this Dawn,off to the best of starts!👌👏😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Love this Dawn,off to the best of starts!👌👏😊

Thanks Patrick, I appreciate the vote of confidence!

• Like 2

It looks like the people have spoken and the consensus is 'KEEP THE STATUE'!  Ha ha, we all were tackier in the old school days, right?  Some of us had little divers that bobbed up and down or in my case, I had a ceramic old tire and a sign that said don't litter, LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Wingy said:

Your statue is fitting.  I was wondering if you were going to go with a wild west theme.  

Actually I am hoping more for a lost seahorse Atlantis theme with my macro algae.

• Like 5

Now that my tank is cycling with sand and rock, I am thinking about the temperature.  I have the small marineland heater, but with dwarf seahorses I do not want it above the low 70s anyway.  If I am going to have my water change water waiting in a 5 gallon bucket, (in the same room) if I skip the heater then the dwarf seahorses wont have to temperature acclimate when I do a WC.  So I think I will not use a heater.  The macros will grow just fine and the easy coral I will keep should be fine too.

1 hour ago, asting said:

@vlangel

Your house stays warm enough to keep it there? you could always run the smallest heater you could find on a heater controller.

Ponies are pretty tough about temperature fluctuations.  I had 1 little dwarf seahorse hitch hike in with my last shipment of feeder shrimp.  That little gal endured all sorts of temperatures when I changed water.  I doubt the water will get below 68° F and seahorses are ok with that.  I do not want to buy any controllers either.

• Like 1