Coral Vue Hydros

Lost Ponies of Atlantis Pico

vlangel

2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I can make ya one of these 

clear p95 (matte) acrylic 

34F520BA-7435-48A3-9520-02E66D11D318.jpeg

That is very cool looking.  I am just not settled on what I am doing yet.

• Like 2

I tested ammonia again this morning and it's almost ammonia free.  I went ahead and fed a little phyto and microvert for the Coral and macro algae.  I will test again tomorrow and if it's good I am going to add a small feeder shrimp to the tank.

Tonight I am setting up tables for a frag swap hosted by my marine aquarium club tomorrow.  I am hoping to find a few cheap coral for this tank, like blue clove polyps, common zoas or non aggressive mushrooms.

I am still not settled on the backround.  I may cover the entire back glass and hope the sides will let enough natural light in.

• Like 5
On 4/7/2019 at 2:42 AM, Lostandfound said:

My wife had this idea with the seahorses and loves the theme. Following

Thanks, perhaps if it's successful your wife can set up her own little pony farm!

• Like 1

I finally have given up on the idea of leaving some of the back glass clear and just covered the whole back glass with an underwater theme.  That pretty much nullifies natural sunlight from being able to support the macros/coral so I plan to move the tank near my other tanks.  I really love how easy and portable this little tank is 😄.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Niiiice.  Background looks 👌.

It captures the 'ATLANTIS' theme, I think.

13 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

What is the "stem like" plant(?) In the centre, it has three stems. Looks very different

That is a macro algae called Codium.

• Like 1
Just now, Ratvan said:

Really? Wow. Mine looks so different

Love the line up shot 👍

20190405_115311.jpg

Maybe there are different varieties.  I like how yours is so compact.  Mine all have long stems.

I was happy how the pico fit in with the other tanks and it's next to the loveseat too which will make it enjoyable to observe.

• Like 1

Background looks great! And I love all the tanks next to each other 🙂

Did you end up finding anything at the frag swap? Also what is that in the lower lefthand corner? A sponge? Leather? (Sorry I'm on my phone and cant blow up the pic)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, yoshii said:

Background looks great! And I love all the tanks next to each other 🙂

Did you end up finding anything at the frag swap? Also what is that in the lower lefthand corner? A sponge? Leather? (Sorry I'm on my phone and cant blow up the pic)

Thanks yoshii,

I did not get anything at the frag swap.  I felt guilty spending more because Dave let me buy so much for my birthday in February.  That is a purple photosynthetic sponge in the lower left.  Its a really easy sponge to keep and actually can get a bit invasive if its not kept up with.  It has a beautiful purple color and I really like it.  I am just careful where I place it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, pgrVII said:

Tank looks great! Really tied together well.😊👍 Background is especially cool.

Thanks Patrick, I am finally feeling settled about the backround.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Love the full background.

Thanks Deb!  I especially like it because of just coming back from Greece.

11 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Thanks yoshii,

I did not get anything at the frag swap.  I felt guilty spending more because Dave let me buy so much for my birthday in February.  That is a purple photosynthetic sponge in the lower left.  Its a really easy sponge to keep and actually can get a bit invasive if its not kept up with.  It has a beautiful purple color and I really like it.  I am just careful where I place it.

Oh I love those beautiful purple photosynthic sponges! I've always wanted one. I'm sure if will look nice as it grows out in your tank!

• Like 1

Today while I was doing a WC in the 56 gallon tank, I decided to remove one of my zoa frags (since I had 2 that were the same) and put it in the pony pico.  I don't have the best success with zoas but I have had these frags for over a year so its worth a try.  I have really good success with palys but they are a pretty carnivorous coral and I am afraid that they could eat ponies or at least the babies, so no palys!

I plan to add some nassarius snails but not yet.  I don't have a nitrite kit so I will just be conservative about adding anything that is risky.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Wendy said:

Gosh, your background looks really good! Can't wait to see the mini ponies with their counterpart statue (;

Thanks Wendy.  I hope the these mini ponies show up well in this tank.  They are really little.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, vlangel said:

I hope the these mini ponies show up well in this tank.  They are really little.

I'm sure they will.  I'm surprised by how my little baby cardinalfish stand out in a 20L.  Looking forward to seeing them in this tank.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'm sure they will.  I'm surprised by how my little baby cardinalfish stand out in a 20L.  Looking forward to seeing them in this tank.

You're doing pico baby cardinals? I saw your breeding setup in the other thread!