Coral Vue Hydros

MetaJANKs Old School Polished Turd

MetaTank

Just now, asting said:

haha yeah. Seems like levels are okay on the salt too.

I had a bunch of bulkheads, locline, etc in my cart but dropped it. I don't need that though. i'll buy when i have a use.

I also picked up a phosphate test as i heard the API is suspect.

Looking at the azoo temp controller, various odds and ends, plumbing stuff, and the 2 foot High Output 2 bulb T5 for 66 bucks. Comes with a 10k and an actinic

1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

I dunno, they have a cheapo temperature controller on there for 12 bucks. It says it controls to + or - 1 degree Celsius, but it might be worth ordering in case it actually works better than that, and they just say that to cover themselves. I mean, an inkbird is only 24 bucks on ebay right now, but grrr....I dunno

LOL.  I was totally eyeing that too!  I was pondering whether the savings would justify having to read everything in Celsius.   

2 minutes ago, asting said:

haha yeah. Seems like levels are okay on the salt too.

I had a bunch of bulkheads, locline, etc in my cart but dropped it. I don't need that though. i'll buy when i have a use.

I also picked up a phosphate test as i heard the API is suspect.

I eyed that one, but i ultimately would want the 308 level (that does heat/cooling). Maybe it's okay insurance, but for $30 i'd just get the dual controller.

Nice!  I'm looking on ebay now.  

I eyed that one, but i ultimately would want the 308 level (that does heat/cooling). Maybe it's okay insurance, but for $30 i'd just get the dual controller.

I don't have a way to cool the pico, I will get one that heats and cools for the other tank when I can get some computer fans set up for cooling it, bit it has a tight lid too. I might be stuck running my AC bill through the roof this summer...lol

having one with cooling is just worth so much more to me. a $12 temp controller i won't use is $12 too much.

Just now, MetaTank said:

I don't have a way to cool the pico, I will get one that heats and cools for the other tank when I can get some computer fans set up for cooling it, bit it has a tight lid too. I might be stuck running my AC bill through the roof this summer...lol

Easy to add a clip on fan down the line. hell even a desk fan pointed towards it would do something.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

LOL.  I was totally eyeing that too!  I was pondering whether the savings would justify having to read everything in Celsius.   

Nice!  I'm looking on ebay now.  

I use digital thermometers that read to the tenth of a degree F anyway, so as long as it holds steady, I might wanna try it out

8 minutes ago, asting said:

having one with cooling is just worth so much more to me. a $12 temp controller i won't use is $12 too much.

Easy to add a clip on fan down the line. hell even a desk fan pointed towards it would do something.

True true, but the lid on both tanks is such that I would have to direct a fan down towards the AIO chamber on the 7 gallon, and point it DIRECTLY at the "waterfall" of the HOB on the pico. I sealed these lids...lol

Decisions decisions 

I use digital thermometers that read to the tentch of a degree F anyway, so as long as it holds steady, I might wanna try it out

True true, but the lid on both tanks is such that I would have to direct a fan down towards the AIO chamber on the 7 gallon, and point it DIRECTLY at the "waterfall" of the HOB on the pico. I sealed these lids...lol

Decisions decisions 

Skip the controller, buy 3 buckets of salt 🙂

• Haha 1

Skip the controller, buy 3 buckets of salt 🙂

The more I look at it, the more I want it. I've just been using reef crystals forever. I like the elevated Alk and Calcium

The more I look at it, the more I want it. I've just been using reef crystals forever. I like the elevated Alk and Calcium

I saw some reviews saying calcium was higher, alk slightly lower than reef crystals. that's what i've been using. Still have maybe 25g of sw left.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, asting said:

I saw some reviews saying calcium was higher, alk slightly lower than reef crystals. that's what i've been using. Still have maybe 25g of sw left.

I've got a bucket of it in my cart...LMAO

Also, 11 bucks for a refractometer, I broke my first one a few years ago, and had to order another. Might be picking up another one as a spare

6 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I've got a bucket of it in my cart...LMAO

Also, 11 bucks for a refractometer, I broke my first one a few years ago, and had to order another. Might be picking up another one as a spare

I held off on the refractometer, but it was tempting. they're only a couple bucks more on ebay, so i didn't NEED it.

Just now, asting said:

I held off on the refractometer, but it was tempting. they're only a couple bucks more on ebay, so i didn't NEED it.

LOL I feel ya, I didn't need 6 HOB filters either...

But trying to mix salt with a broken refractometer sucks. Then waiting for a replacement, even if only a few days, also sucks...lol

I may hold off till Wednesday for these items, I've had a great week at work, and I am looking forward to an above average payday, so for now, these items will live in the cart till then.

did you buy any jbj cubey setups? they look kind of slick... the stands are nice too. if it was 20-30% less i'd bite. maybe i'll wait and see if it drops further.

2 hours ago, asting said:

did you buy any jbj cubey setups? they look kind of slick... the stands are nice too. if it was 20-30% less i'd bite. maybe i'll wait and see if it drops further.

To be honest, I already have a 7 gallon AIO, two 3 gallon JBJ Picotopes, 2 no name 4 gallon Half Moon tall. a retro 3 gallon hexagon, a 10 gallon standard, and the 2.5 gallon pico competition tank...

I think if I buy anything else, it's gonna by upsizing. I'm gonna put a baby clown in the 7 gallon, and move it to a 20 long or something like that eventually when it grows a bit...So that will probably be my next tank purchase

Speaking of purchases... I love the 99 Cent Only stores...lol...Some random odds and ends that may come in handy at some point in life...

813192269_99centstuff.thumb.jpg.16de8b002919d2f69d9ef0eb0747995f.jpg

I found a potential micro fuge light...lol...It actually puts off a lot more light than I thought it would

1501524139_99centfugelighttop.thumb.jpg.e2100b386d02f389c73393f795b0ac9c.jpg

Maybe if I put some chaeto right in front if it, it will grow...lol

1484501546_99centfugelight.thumb.jpg.e4c16282c54ca4df7bf80835b8e34afa.jpg

And most importantly, it doesn't disrupt the look of the tank. I even like the faint glow it puts off through the vinyl. It definitely won't reflect that much light when there is stuff in the Aquaclear, either. It's just bouncing the light back off the back wall of the filter right now, so it's brighter than it would normally be

1091781576_99centfugelightfull.thumb.jpg.2d4662b2a377b376e0802b153ccf0f16.jpg

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Speaking of purchases... I love the 99 Cent Only stores...lol...Some random odds and ends that may come in handy at some point in life...

I found a potential micro fuge light...lol...It actually puts off a lot more light than I thought it would

And most importantly, it doesn't disrupt the look of the tank. I even like the faint glow it puts off through the vinyl. It definitely won't reflect that much light when there is stuff in the Aquaclear, either. It's just bouncing the light back off the back wall of the filter right now, so it's brighter than it would normally be

Looks Great! I really like the background.

Do your stores still only charge 99 cents?

Our dollar stores are more like $2.50 - $4.00 now

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Clown79 said:

Looks Great! I really like the background.

Do your stores still only charge 99 cents?

Our dollar stores are more like $2.50 - $4.00 now

Thanks! Yeah, they offer a lot of stuff over a dollar, like the light for the fuge was 2 bucks...lol... but a LOT of stuff, the majority, is still 99 cents.

This guy is extra salty
28 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

What in the fire hazard is going on there?

lol

yes love the super glue from there

19 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

What in the fire hazard is going on there?

lol

yes love the super glue from there

lol I just slapped it on to take a pic, there will be final placements later...lol...cords will be moved out from under the body of water.

• Haha 1

I figured the stand would be dark inside when the tank is siting on top of it, so I picked these up today...They come with a remote, and have a couple silly features... like you can change the intensity of the light, or you can press a button that automatically turns it off in 30 minutes...Actually, those both sound kinda handy...lol

1355322277_Undercabinetlights.thumb.jpg.048a0b5cad62da94cdcece6927fa38af.jpg

AMAZING VALUE! omgomgomg LOL....well, for this project, it certainly is just what I needed... They even come with a  little bracket the remote slides in and out of. Both the lights, and the bracket for the remote came with that 3M double sided sticky tape, so attaching them was a breeze

1074302726_Undercabinetremote.thumb.jpg.c2a8fb1d190fc43eea6b10402dfd9f69.jpg

1623201463_undercabinetdual.thumb.jpg.a7c253abe6ac60df71a6546816480eb9.jpg

Decided to put the remote in the stand, it's sorta like a light switch now, it turns them both on and off at the same time.

1007514907_undercabinetremote1.thumb.jpg.877ba6be9ad2a6214aa493ea7e517bb7.jpg

And voila!  We have light!!!

251319115_Undercabinetdone.thumb.jpg.90387996188fe17d489e7817525723ca.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

Also, since purchased an Inkbird Temperature Controller on eBay today, the one that both heats and cools, I picked up a couple items to play with. In case I have problems with overheating, I want a way to cool the tank. I'm not entirely sold on this fan, I may go for something a lot smaller, and may use a couple instead, but this works just to get an idea of what is available for me. 

1117212323_Coolingequip.thumb.jpg.c2272fa450f05ca65cf14f4aa4534459.jpg

And I rigged it up with the suction cups I bought yesterday...

127721576_Coolingfan.thumb.jpg.9e07e082b639c85d4e8b5a1b93c7fa21.jpg

These suction cups have little hooks that slide through the holes on the PC fan, so it actually works a lot better than I has hoped...Not like I knew I was going to be using them for this until it happened...lol. But the hooks make everything snug and secure!

1127528371_Coolingattach.thumb.jpg.c83e4b5a5e85015574b73e6f041d2b8e.jpg

And I don't think it will block too much light. I can also use smaller fans, but the Fry's Electronics literally closed while I was standing in front of the fans, lol...so I shall go back an other time and explore smaller options now that i have a way to mount it, and I sorta know where it's going to go...

2025279554_Coolingview.thumb.jpg.f4a5d3162b871b21f5af818482cebad6.jpg

I also didn't realize it had blue lights on it till I got home and took iot out of the box, but I sorta like the idea of having a visual queue to see when my tank is running warm. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Where did you get the little lights from?

I need something like that, and not just for tank stands!

My 99cent only store had them , of all places. They have a lot of good stuff at my 99 cent store

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, asting said:

Larger fans are quieter and move more air, so might be worth grabbing a 120mm.

I actually have something in the works right now, hopefully unveiling soon!

• Like 2