Innovative Marine Aquariums

MetaJANKs Old School Polished Turd

MetaTank

Not reef related, but an excuse to use the macro lens without the other lenses attached to it...this little guy was hanging on my back porch 

image.thumb.jpg.dc70fed6c879a810aa504f4307c9a094.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.8466ff0d149ab74b951873f306ec9940.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.8d55629966301368835e5f0aaf1782cc.jpg

• Like 7

I ordered a macro lens and it should be arriving tomorrow.  I am looking forward to trying it out.  There was mixed information on Amazon about whether or not it will work on a phone with a camera in the middle and not on the edge.  

• Like 1

One of the acans chowing down on some of my homemade frozen food

image.thumb.jpg.0d01200cc5c41cabb4539a2c1cacb5d5.jpg

• Like 6
31 minutes ago, Wingy said:

I ordered a macro lens and it should be arriving tomorrow.  I am looking forward to trying it out.  There was mixed information on Amazon about whether or not it will work on a phone with a camera in the middle and not on the edge.  

I don’t see why not. Mine just clips on, by middle, you mean the middle middle? Or just the center of the top of the phone instead of the top left or top right?

2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

How are you liking the magical lenses?

Liking them very much, makes it much easier to take pics with my phone!

FTS 5/8/19

D8151D53-9E59-41DB-9A1F-9027FD9D7387.thumb.jpeg.c579f53773943512a320187f3684a0a2.jpeg

Still glueing corals down, but things are starting to come together. Also found a juvenile Clown who’s gonna hang out till it gets a little bigger, then I’ll move him to the bigger tank. He has been dubbed Nibbler.

• Like 14

Your tank really looks great, very mature looking for one month into the contest.  As soon as I get a cover I plan to get a tiny clown as well.  It will only stay in the pico for a short time to make sure it is healthy and then hopefully will become a mate for my clown in the 75.  Our little light has become quite popular in the contest😁

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

Your tank really looks great, very mature looking for one month into the contest.  As soon as I get a cover I plan to get a tiny clown as well.  It will only stay in the pico for a short time to make sure it is healthy and then hopefully will become a mate for my clown in the 75.  Our little light has become quite popular in the contest😁

Indeed it has! Hopefully everyone else likes the Asta as much as we do! And I gotta admit, I halfway thought the clown would jump into the surface skimmer the first night, but so far so good

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice!  MacGyver Reefer!

I can confidently say that MacGyver was one of my favorite shows growing up, and has likely been a huge part of my fascination with making tools and things out of ordinary household items. Richard Dean Anderson was the man! 

I always thought it was hilarious that in the simpsons, marges sisters, Thelma and Selma, were obsessed with Richard dean anderson...lol

• Like 5
19 hours ago, kimdawg said:

18 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Indeed it has! Hopefully everyone else likes the Asta as much as we do! And I gotta admit, I halfway thought the clown would jump into the surface skimmer the first night, but so far so good

Yup. I love it even though I dont understand it

So I learned a valuable lesson about my 7 gallon today...if I leave the lid off the entire night, after lights out, in an air conditioned room, it will get to 73.5 degrees Fahrenheit overnight 😩

Might be time for a beefier heater and a temp controller for that tank too...🤬

• Wow 2
On 5/10/2019 at 6:26 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

That is way cool! I want to make one now

Yeah, should be the perfect think to target feed reef roids in the pico! Now to get some reef roids to test it out.....lol

6 hours ago, yoshii said:

Pico is looking good, I like the tiny clown. And nice DIY!

Thank you! It’s coming together. I’m glad they had some baby clowns when I was at the LFS the other day! And I love projects, so hopefully my DIY works out... I don’t see why it wouldn’t!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Tank is looking wonderful! 

Good job

Thanks so much! It’s nice to be back in the hobby after a few years, and see what’s changed, what’s become trendy, etc. This year seems to be all about Rock Flower Nems...which have eluded me so far...but might add one to a tank in the future!

• Like 1

I swear...somehow the critters in our tanks know when we are about to take a picture. My brittle star made a rare appearance just now, and I rushed to get my phone to snap a pic!

Of course, as soon as I had my camera ready, it was already rapidly retreating. How do they know we wanna take pictures of them!!?!??

The best I could get was a couple blurry tentacles...lol

491B7A6A-AAB2-4DFD-A074-336129F0759F.thumb.jpeg.c2a03ec3d0f909f1525d970b53687c77.jpeg

• Like 2
9 hours ago, pricewayne said:

That monti is sweet!!

Yeah I thought so too. It glows so bright, you’d swear it was radioactive... ☢️ 

8 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice new additions!

Thanks! I got another acan too, but my lights for the tank literally turned off during my photo shoot, lol, so it’ll have to wait till today

8 hours ago, Ratvan said:

That Blasto is gorgeous, so is the other one but.... 😍

Yeah, I’m a big fan of blastos. Apparently they come in colors like yellow and orange too...gotta fine me some of those ones!

It’s funny, I bought a Blasto for the pico the other day, put it in my 7 gallon tank for holding till I figured out where it was gonna go in the pico, and it looked so happy I didn’t wanna move it...so I bought a second one for the pico...lol

• Like 2

Latest FTS. I have a bunch of frags in the sand that I need to deal with. Looks messy. I wanna pull the stylophora off the frag disc and glue it to the rocks directly, but Im being chicken because there really isn't anything to "hold on" to when I glue it down except the area the polyps extend from, and I don't know i that will damage it. 

The new blasto is exceptionally happy, and I'm willing to bet it's NEVER been open as much as it is now. And I glued down a new little acan the other day, it has like 4 baby heads on it, so I'm hoping it fills out a little. I had trouble gluing it down, and ended up with an unsightly glue patch around the base, I'll be happy when that colors up with algae or coraline eventually, The acan is adjusting, and I will monitor it to see if if it's happier after a couple feedings, but it extends it's tentacles slightly, so I know it'll accept food.

image.thumb.jpg.dbdad1944a3404bf5f1f30e1829f16bc.jpg

• Like 4