inTank Media Baskets

MetaJANKs Old School Polished Turd

MetaTank

Just catching up on your build and I’m diggin’ it! That zoa rock is SO cool.

Sorry to hear about the job — never easy 😕 Hope your pico gives you some positive distraction, at the very least.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Wingy said:

Summer is coming.  Maybe you could trade some tank sitting for some corals.  Get a disposable e-mail address and throw an ad up on Craigs List.  

Not a bad idea. I sell stuff on that app Letgo too. As a matter of fact that’s where I found the insane deal on my Rasta’s and Candy Canes.

2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Stay positive bro, just a j.o.b..best of luck with ur new gig. 

Yeah, just a critical point in the competition. I was just beginning to add corals, lol. I’ll find something new, and just tighten my belt a little until then

8 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Just catching up on your build and I’m diggin’ it! That zoa rock is SO cool.

Sorry to hear about the job — never easy 😕 Hope your pico gives you some positive distraction, at the very least.

Yeah the zoa rock was really lucky. My buddy just had it in his sump and tossed it my way for free. He’s got a really clean system too so I didn’t hesitate to use it. Heck, my hitchhikers have been those zoas, some pods, that limpet, and a brittle star I couldn’t get a pic of, so I haven’t mentioned in here yet...lol. I only saw it the one time in a little hole in the rock, and haven’t seen it since

And thanks! The goal is to be earning money before I have to tap into my savings. I have about three weeks before I have to touch my savings, so we shall see

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the job man.

I hope that a better one comes your way and soon. Personally, I would use this as an opportunity to spend more time with your family.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

That sucks about the Job, there are plenty out there. 

Did you get your cheapo filters yet?

Yeah, I got the cheapo filters, and I'm actually stoked with the quality. Sucks about the job, but I will get some money flowing soon

38 minutes ago, Tempestas said:

Sorry to hear about the job man.

I hope that a better one comes your way and soon. Personally, I would use this as an opportunity to spend more time with your family.

Yeah my daughter kept me up all night...lol...reminding me that I didn't have anything to do in the morning, and apparently we had time to play all night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah my daughter kept me up all night...lol...reminding me that I didn't have anything to do in the morning, and apparently we had time to play all night.

She thought it was funny 😆 

Apparently she had no time to nap for longer than 30 minutes today, lol...woooow, when did they start caffinating formula? She gets down on boiled carrots though, haha

5A007EE4-3065-4FC5-BBB8-4C13BF7E0310.thumb.jpeg.f991dd2f7ea6a784f90b2d29bb5853a2.jpeg

• Like 6

Glued my first coral to the pico rocks. A single head of candy cane. 

FTS through the blue blocker sunglasses...

FA515ADB-DDED-47DD-84AD-627A580B9C94.thumb.jpeg.6b064ca581bdfc21751747e647c18ed4.jpeg

• Like 5

You know when you get a new piece of coral, and spend hours and days staring at it? It’s for that reason I can say, this BABY ACAN was not here before I spot fed two days ago. 

I mean, there’s a chance I “didn’t notice” it before, but this thing is up front and center. I think I woulda noticed. 

Still trying to figure out a good place for it in the Pico!

F9D35621-639A-4A07-852E-4D491438B227.thumb.jpeg.c79030400802550f156afe1386a603f8.jpeg

• Like 5

Sounds like your little girl just wants to party all night & day! She's just doing her best to cheer you up (;

I'm wondering about your surface skimmer & if you're able to turn the flow up all the way on the ac50?

I haven't been able to diy a skimmer yet that allows that. The intake will just suck the surface skimmer dry when I turn ac50 up.

26 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Sounds like your little girl just wants to party all night & day! She's just doing her best to cheer you up (;

I'm wondering about your surface skimmer & if you're able to turn the flow up all the way on the ac50?

I haven't been able to diy a skimmer yet that allows that. The intake will just suck the surface skimmer dry when I turn ac50 up.

It does work, I just have to keep the water level a little higher. I have to fiddle a little with the height on the skimmer box to get it running full bore as well.

The “teeth” allow for the water level to be a little more flexible, and I have a little hole drilled in the section that stays underwater, about halfway down the skimmer that draws a little bit of water from the center of the water column. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about the job, I hope you can find an even better position!

It's always fun to find your hours of staring at a rock pays off :lol: Hopefully more babies will pop up soon!

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Sorry to hear about the job, I hope you can find an even better position!

It's always fun to find your hours of staring at a rock pays off :lol: Hopefully more babies will pop up soon!

When I really think about it, it must have been there the whole time, but I like to believe believe that spotfeeding allowed it to puff up to a noticeable size...lol

And thanks, just a setback, better opportunities await!

• Like 1

Raided the ash tray...headed the the LFS.....

B7EBB94D-9511-4905-A71C-12D042F5A858.thumb.jpeg.d1354e39620d961bcbc8a7dcafe80a68.jpeg

lol @Tigahboy and I are splitting a reefcleaners package coming next week, but I have some hair algae on a frag plug and I don’t want it spreading too much.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Our Reef Cleaners order.  :happydance:. We'll probably end up with enough freebie snails to fill 5 picos.

Screenshot_20190419-145000.png

Yeah, I only picked up the tiniest blue legged hermit and an astrea snail for the 7 gallon, we will find a hone for everyone...lol...I have a bunch of spare HOB filters, 2 JBJ picotope 3 gallon aquariums, and a couple spare heaters. Not to mention I have another rock full of zoas in a bucket that needs a home...I may be adding another tank to the mix soon.

image.thumb.jpg.0a9c3e5c8a8cd4b7fb9d4b4479ba1e59.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MetaTank said:

lol @Tigahboy and I are splitting a reefcleaners package coming next week, but I have some hair algae on a frag plug and I don’t want it spreading too much.

Is it possible to remove the frag off the plug, then toss the plug? Hair algae sucks.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Is it possible to remove the frag off the plug, then toss the plug? Hair algae sucks.  

I wish..., so 3 of the 4 frags don’t have any rock or anything the zoas were attached to. The 4th plug had zoas on a rock, and I popped the rock off the plug when I got it. No hair algae on THAT frag...lol

On 4/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Wendy said:

I have put together a DIY skimmer that I think might work for you.  You could just follow what I did or let me know if you want to buy one from one from me.  All proceeds will be used to feed/fuel my habit--I mean "hobby!"  

• Like 2
17 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Raided the ash tray...headed the the LFS.....

B7EBB94D-9511-4905-A71C-12D042F5A858.thumb.jpeg.d1354e39620d961bcbc8a7dcafe80a68.jpeg

This is such a flashback to grad school when I would keep spare change in the ashtray of my CRX!!  Thought I was so clever/sneaky until homeless person broke into that car when I was living in Austin and only thing they took was the ashtray that was full of change!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Superdave said:

I have put together a DIY skimmer that I think might work for you.  You could just follow what I did or let me know if you want to buy one from one from me.  All proceeds will be used to feed/fuel my habit--I mean "hobby!"  

Appreciate it, but the skimmer box I made for this build actually works very very well, I can get it to skim from the lowest setting to the highest on my AC50, and the box doesn’t run dry. And it’s clear, with a pretty small footprint. 

FC09396A-173E-48A4-AF61-A6EE6A9E80E8.thumb.jpeg.3912784d4c5afd47252a9fa34314fbb7.jpeg

F47D8730-0536-43A3-88AA-D30B07D97952.thumb.jpeg.222a11c2c54a73d8192dee089ff0226b.jpeg

C9E57BE9-FF2D-4D14-BBC0-0D5D7A7EB663.thumb.jpeg.cfc11cd38cad63191bcb20123f283abe.jpeg

The only thing thing I changed from the picture above to it being in my tank now, was changed out the black suction cup for two clear ones, and drilled a hole about halfway down the skimmer box to draw a little water from the middle of my water column as well as skimmin off the surface 

• Like 1

Also...um...you gotta see the work my snail did on one of those frag plugs overnight. This guy is a beast, I nicknamed it Snapper, after the riding lawnmowers. Seriously, these two plugs had the same amount of algae on them, and he’s stripped the plug I put him on CLEAN, even did the sides of the plug...lol

image.thumb.jpg.b35a48557dec30b72c576e7fa1eee26f.jpg

LIKE A BOSS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1