Top Shelf Aquatics

MetaJANKs Old School Polished Turd

MetaTank

My buddy I got the rock from, the one who works for the coral shop... He texted me about an hour ago, said he was re-doing his 'scape and fragging some zoas for me. 

He may have the following for me anytime...lol

Rastas

Armor of God

Pink Zippers

Purple Death Palys

Orange Bambams

Now I've had rastas and orange bambams before. I LOVE how bright the bambams are...I hope this works out!

• Wow 4
4 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

🤔

pink zippers and purple deaths

I'm super grateful that he is hooking me up, these are just the things he said would be available in the next couple days. He also promised a bunch of more exotic stuff in like 6 months too. All super clean, pest free. 

This guy is extra salty
9 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I'm super grateful that he is hooking me up, these are just the things he said would be available in the next couple days. He also promised a bunch of more exotic stuff in like 6 months too. All super clean, pest free. 

Those are actually two zoanthid I don’t have 🤣 

You are lucky to have a buddy.  We have one store in Savannah that carries salt water and it is very limited.  We do not even have a petco.  The next closest store is close to Atlanta so I am really limited in frags.  I have choices like eagle eyes, brown, green tan, and more brown stuff.  My first tank on the island crashed after a hurricane due to no power for days and the foot of water in the house made it almost fall off the stand.  After my husband made all of the repairs to the house I treated us to the 75 tank and stand.

After a few months I made an order of 20 RFA from VIP.  18 of them survived and really add color to the big tank.  I may move a couple to the Janky later in the contest.  So, I need to meet your friend.

5 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

You are lucky to have a buddy.  We have one store in Savannah that carries salt water and it is very limited.  We do not even have a petco.  The next closest store is close to Atlanta so I am really limited in frags.  I have choices like eagle eyes, brown, green tan, and more brown stuff.  My first tank on the island crashed after a hurricane due to no power for days and the foot of water in the house made it almost fall off the stand.  After my husband made all of the repairs to the house I treated us to the 75 tank and stand.

After a few months I made an order of 20 RFA from VIP.  18 of them survived and really add color to the big tank.  I may move a couple to the Janky later in the contest.  So, I need to meet your friend.

I'm super lucky. It was funny too, I used to hang out with him all the time,  and the whole group of friends sorta parted ways. We exchanged a few texts here and there, but never hung out for the past 7-8 years.... Imagine my surprise when I walk in to the coral stores retail location, and he's sitting behind the front desk...lol

This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, kimdawg said:

If you have some RFA’s I (ole lady) might be interested 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, asting said:

How's the light fixture working out? The color on mine is a little light on the blue so I was eyeing the asta 20.

The Asta20 at full power is VERY blue, and has an adjustable spectrum...sorta...lol. There are 4 channels you can dim. One blue, One white, One white and slightly blue, one white, slightly red and green

I haven't had it on much though, cause I don't have my tank wet. But with the 60 degree lens in it, I think it's going to work out quite well!

1 hour ago, MetaTank said:

The Asta20 at full power is VERY blue, and has an adjustable spectrum...sorta...lol. There are 4 channels you can dim. One blue, One white, One white and slightly blue, one white, slightly red and green

I haven't had it on much though, cause I don't have my tank wet. But with the 60 degree lens in it, I think it's going to work out quite well!

Cool, that's a good endorsement. I'll think on it, but will probably give in and purchase.

26 minutes ago, asting said:

Cool, that's a good endorsement. I'll think on it, but will probably give in and purchase.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not the MOST powerful light, so on a deeper tank I wouldn't be sure, but with the 60 degree lens, on these tiny tanks, I might even try some sps, because the lens makes a huge difference. Normally it's 180 degree spread, so the 60 degree lens focuses all that extra light on to the tank, instead of it bleeding out into the atmosphere.

The lens is a game changer. I wasn't convinced till I put it in. As first I was like..."Okay, this was 50 bucks, it seems worth it. The gooseneck is strong and impressive."

Then I put the lens in and the Lightbulb went off in my head.  I was super pleased once I put the lens in.

• Like 1

Okay...About to flood the thread with pics of a bunch of useless STUFF right now. Only ONE item for the contest though...lol

:owned:  VIEWER BEWARE - EXTREMELY PIC HEAVY :owned:

Soooo...I ordered a bunch of stuff from Live Aquaria the other day...Some clearance items from the buyout of Dr Fosters Smith maybe? Cause look at the boxes they sent me...lol

1758608895_Shoppingboxes.thumb.jpg.2e3086a8862b121ac9b1e5fdde840bd2.jpg

Anyway, I wasted no time getting them opened up...We shall start with box 1

185531854_Shoppingbox1.thumb.jpg.2a149d740a5780cc5922e1d9e60593a0.jpg

So the Gravel Vac is actually the ONLY thing in this order that will be for the contest tank. I just have a shopping problem, and like 8 empty tanks with no means of filtration...lol

1897457946_Shoppingbox1contents.thumb.jpg.748fb5585fdaeaa2d73b7aae8c76d95c.jpg

But I bought this because hopefully it will be narrow enough to maneuver around the rocks

LMAO....Slim Jr...

2135021684_Shoppinggravelsize.thumb.jpg.7b0900ed22ce8cfd1fbafde188c56ee5.jpg

But the rest of this crap is just me mostly shopping for the sake of shopping. The second item is the only other one I have an actual use for...lol... I'm seeing someone who lives 180 miles away, so I spend time away from home, and wanted to make sure my future fish on the 7 gallon i'm setting up won't go hungry...

1103971100_Shoppingfeeder.thumb.jpg.2ff9a68c06998afb556b79f12b676416.jpg

I like it, cause you can control the portions of each meal, and feed up to 4 times a day, a total of 14 meals. It's not for long trips, but it'll be good enough to go away for the weekend, and portion control was important to me

2118942750_Shoppingfeederinside.thumb.jpg.00613c4fea56113624f11364fcbcbddc.jpg

And the last thing I got in box 1 was a total impulse purchase...lol...it was like 5 bucks, and I thought "eh, why not" cause I was just curious about it...lol

660764432_Shoppingskimmer.thumb.jpg.376536a88f27bb1ae892c664c7574209.jpg

It's got a floating intake gate that self-corrects with the water level to account for evaporation. It also has some sorta little thing that fits over the output to diffuse the stream and not blast things directly, since they assume you're going to use it for a planted tank, I think?

2138721623_Shoppingskimmer1.thumb.jpg.c2ed5dc64e0f95254e6c4a1802b6e3a1.jpg

1090606942_Shoppingskimmer2.thumb.jpg.3873ce0effc6cb304e4e8f3c2eb0481e.jpg

And that does it for box 1!omgomgomg

• Like 4

Aaaaaand then there's box 2...lol...I bought 6 filters, for $3.50 each. I gotta say, I was laughing at myself when I purchased, But I'm actually surprised how much I like these things!!!

1221209153_Shoppingbox2.thumb.jpg.0a8f5af7fc900488531b17a95228cd36.jpg

So lets dig right in...I LOVE the translations...OMG...Dissolved oxygen for creature growing...Automatic water recovery?

809837440_Shoppingfilterback.thumb.jpg.3259be2fe5bbfa7eee88479d8e6da661.jpg

But I actually really dig these little things

1533061658_Shopingfilterexplode.thumb.jpg.4c4d264c0383d48fbaae03b3aab800ff.jpg

1957108508_Shoppingfiltersize.thumb.jpg.d817da139f5a2aeca54fd827c0852c98.jpg

And then there is this little baffle inside..this is what is circled as #3 on the back of the box for "Automatic Water Rcovery"

720430975_Shoppingfilterbaffle.thumb.jpg.e36f0ee5b6e893a5eb7faaab81c6ad8c.jpg

It seems like these things could do some work for low flow tanks, and it even looks like you could mod them to fit some specific needs. I gotta say, first impression of the quality, I was actually surprised. I mean, I haven't run water through it yet, but on first impression, I'm quite happy with this purchase! 20 bucks shipped for 6 filters. I have a bunch of pico tanks...two JBJ Picotopes (3 gallons), and two Halfmoon 4-ish gallon tanks...So I'll find a use for all these filters!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have six of those coming in on Monday according to the tracking info! I remember using them back in the day for small freshwater setups, and really liked them. I'll make up some cages to run bulk filter pad in them 🙂 I'll probably sell a couple for ~$10 each locally, and will give one away as part of a care package for a buddy to set up a tank too.

If I had seen those skimmers listed before I pulled the trigger I probably would have added a couple to the order, they are handy. Free shipping makes me tempted to order more stuff lol.

• Like 1

Too..... many...... pics....*computer crashes*

I actually run the Azoo Mignon 60 on my kiddie planted tank.  And I paid way more than what you paid for it.  I stuck Aquaclear filter media in there.  It's been reliable so far.  

Shoot maybe I should order 6 now as back-ups.  LOL.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

I have six of those coming in on Monday according to the tracking info! I remember using them back in the day for small freshwater setups, and really liked them. I'll make up some cages to run bulk filter pad in them 🙂 I'll probably sell a couple for ~$10 each locally, and will give one away as part of a care package for a buddy to set up a tank too.

If I had seen those skimmers listed before I pulled the trigger I probably would have added a couple to the order, they are handy. Free shipping makes me tempted to order more stuff lol.

Yeah, I just got paid a few days ago, but I am trying to be responsible and pay bills...but as a result, I haven't spent any money in a few days, I'm gonna go make another order today I think...lol...What's 20 bucks? TOTALLY worth the rush(i really have a shopping addiction), AND I get stuff outta it

1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Too..... many...... pics....*computer crashes*

I actually run the Azoo Mignon 60 on my kiddie planted tank.  And I paid way more than what you paid for it.  I stuck Aquaclear filter media in there.  It's been reliable so far.  

Shoot maybe I should order 6 now as back-ups.  LOL.

I'm glad to hear it! I wanna start a planted tank, and I may use one of these for a betta tank as well, seems like a mellow enough amount of flow, especially if you crank it down! Glad to hear it's been reliable!!

Yeah, it was like 21 bucks after tax. It's free shipping over 19 bucks...lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Call the surface skimmer police 🚔 !!

LOL it's not for the competition tank. Only the gravel vac is actually for the pico...lol

1 minute ago, asting said:

damn i am weak. i placed an order for a couple skimmers, couple filters, vac line, air pump, and..... $90 of salt.

Good deal for a bucket of salt, 30 bucks shipped? Yes please!! You got 3 of them? 

I'm literally shopping on there right now...lol...see the post below yours!? We posted at the same time HAHA :scarry:

1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

@MetaTank Getting 6 more Azoos?

I dunno, they have a cheapo temperature controller on there for 12 bucks. It says it controls to + or - 1 degree Celsius, but it might be worth ordering in case it actually works better than that, and they just say that to cover themselves. I mean, an inkbird is only 24 bucks on ebay right now, but grrr....I dunno

3 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Good deal for a bucket of salt, 30 bucks shipped? Yes please!! You got 3 of them? 

I'm literally shopping on there right now...lol...see the post below yours!? We posted at the same time HAHA :scarry:

haha yeah. Seems like levels are okay on the salt too.

I had a bunch of bulkheads, locline, etc in my cart but dropped it. I don't need that though. i'll buy when i have a use.

I also picked up a phosphate test as i heard the API is suspect.

Just now, MetaTank said:

I dunno, they have a cheapo temperature controller on there for 12 bucks. It says it controls to + or - 1 degree Celsius, but it might be worth ordering in case it actually works better than that, and they just say that to cover themselves. I mean, an inkbird is only 24 bucks on ebay right now, but grrr....I dunno

I eyed that one, but i ultimately would want the 308 level (that does heat/cooling). Maybe it's okay insurance, but for $30 i'd just get the dual controller.

• Like 1