SaltCritters.com

MetaJANKs Old School Polished Turd

MetaTank

5 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’m still waiting to see that aquarium cling go on...getting some🍿ready 

I'm intimidated. Instructions mention a spray bottle and a Credit card? I know I'm gonna muck this up...lol

:scarry::owned:fingerscrossed

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, MetaTank said:

I'm intimidated. Instructions mention a spray bottle and a Credit card? I know I'm gonna muck this up...lol

:scarry::owned:fingerscrossed

If you have a silicone spatula use that instead of credit card don’t want to transfer numbers onto the background so all of us nano reefers can get some coral.

:naughtydance:

• Haha 3

It needed a shelf...lol... A janky shelf.   Held up with 3 thumbtacks and 1 tiny finishing nail, because I could only find 3 thumbtacks...lol

1422702965_Shelfguts.thumb.jpg.edf45f5607cda3f059f3c8d941aa19f0.jpg

Can't stain the shelf though, I used the piece of scrap that I sprayed with the Polycrylic for a test run...lol...It won't take stain now.

Shelf.thumb.jpg.30296686575b467e65e9ddb78b34e096.jpg

• Like 3
Just now, Tigahboy said:

3 thumbtack shelf is janky as hell. LOL.

Trying to run with a cohesive theme here...lol... And no one will really see it, more for my own use. But at least it's level... :happydance:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Looks slanted

🙃

I mean, the whole picture looks slanted to me. I just suck at taking photos apparently...lol

But no, I measured. It's level. 

Hows the 'illegal' surface skimmer goin' for ya?:haha: 😉

• Haha 3
This guy is extra salty
Just now, MetaTank said:

Hows the 'illegal' surface skimmer goin' for ya?:haha: 😉

Annoying I’m building another one 

unfortunately. Pay for shipping and it’s yours

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Annoying I’m building another one 

unfortunately. Pay for shipping and it’s yours

Give me a shipping quote an a paypal account..It comes with the backround, no?

Might have to wait till next Wednesday when I get paid, but if the shipping isn't killer, I'll likely take you up on that, my friend

10 minutes ago, asting said:

Id hop in line if meta doesnt want it. May get a quote for a 40 AIO wall down the line too. Your build quality is great.

I agree, i'll take a quote for a 40 shallow long or lagoon at some point too...But I'm pretty sure i'll be picking this up from him as long as shipping is somewhat reasonable. I've had my eye on this tank...lol

But if I bow out, you're first in line

17 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

PM me your zip code 

PM sent

Starting to think about creating an aquascape. My rock is ready to go, and I'm not really expecting a cycle, but I have to break it up. It's just been in buckets, and it came from a tank that I trust. But you never know what you're gonna get when you break rocks, right?

The person who gave me the rock happens to also work for a high end coral store, and the rock came from his personal tank at home I got to see it in person when I picked up the rock, and it is a beautiful and CLEAN 120gal. They are serious about avoiding pests, so I trust this rock more than the rock which I got from my LFS, which is sitting in a different bucket with it's own powerhead and heater

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Starting to think about creating an aquascape. My rock is ready to go, and I'm not really expecting a cycle, but I have to break it up. It's just been in buckets, and it came from a tank that I trust. But you never know what you're gonna get when you break rocks, right?

The person who gave me the rock happens to also work for a high end coral store, and the rock came from his personal tank at home I got to see it in person when I picked up the rock, and it is a beautiful and CLEAN 120gal. They are serious about avoiding pests, so I trust this rock more than the rock which I got from my LFS, which is sitting in a different bucket with it's own powerhead and heater

Go with it i left my rock in a bucket to cure soon as i heard the thought of a the competition so i could get done with the cycle fast i also used some sand from my reef and i also cured the roxk with marine pure from.my sump

• Like 1
Just now, billdeluz said:

Go with it i left my rock in a bucket to cure soon as i heard the thought of a the competition so i could get done with the cycle fast i also used some sand from my reef and i also cured the roxk with marine pure from.my sump

Oh yeah, I totally trust the rocks. They have some coral "hitchhiking" on them, one rock has a bunch of zoas, and the other one has some bleached out encrusting thing...lol

But they were from his sump as well, from a clean established tank. Just gotta smash them, cause they're way too big...Well, gonna try to smash only one, and save the zoa rock for my 7 gal i'm gonna set up at the same time as this tank gets wet.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Can't stain the shelf though, I used the piece of scrap that I sprayed with the Polycrylic for a test run...lol...It won't take stain now.

If you want, you can Just sand it down to bare wood again.  The stand really turned out nice.

• Thanks 1

That stand is gorgeous. I may have to do something similar, maybe with some of the fancy trim molding at the craft stores that has the floral motif going on 🙂

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, seabass said:

If you want, you can Just sand it down to bare wood again.  The stand really turned out nice.

I could, but it's already waterproofed, and it's going inside the stand...I dunno, I may cut a new shelf and stain it, I still have a large portion of the wood I used to panel/shelve the thing. And thanks again! My first "finished" piece of furniture ever, so I'm sorta surprised it's turned out as functional as it did

6 hours ago, billdeluz said:

Sledgehammer all i have to say

20190324_144311.jpg

SMASH!!!! lol....I'm probably gonna be a little more dainty about it, and go at my rock with a finishing hammer and a chisel...omgomgomg

1 hour ago, Lingwendil said:

That stand is gorgeous. I may have to do something similar, maybe with some of the fancy trim molding at the craft stores that has the floral motif going on 🙂

No joke, I was thinking about adding trim pieces to the vertical corners of the side and back panels, lol...but I think I should start to focus a little more on the actual tank itself... LMAO

This was supposed to be my "practice" stand, and I was going to build another one after this "design" was proven...lol...But that all seems like too much at this point. Plus, I'd wanna give the "practice" stand a good home, which would encourage me to give it away, or set up another 2.5...lol

• Like 1

Your practice stand looks as good as the aqeon stands that I paid a respectable price for!  I think you did well.  I like your nautical theme backround too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/2/2019 at 8:15 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

I’m still waiting to see that aquarium cling go on...getting some🍿ready 

It actually went a lot better than I thought. I had enough vinyl to cut 2 practice pieces before I was confident not to muck up the one I wanted to use...lol

• Like 1