Coral Vue Hydros

Clowns 2.5 Cove

Clown79

Got a new light. Hubby got me the Asta 20.

Got it in place tonight.

My poor jack o lantern looks like crap from the other light. Hoping it will bounce back. It was my favorite.

• Like 7
16 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Got a new light. Hubby got me the Asta 20.

Got it in place tonight.

My poor jack o lantern looks like crap from the other light. Hoping it will bounce back. It was my favorite.

I’ve been trying two different placements with the Jack o lanterns. One high light medium flow, one low light low flow. I really wanna put them side by side to see the color difference at some point. Hope yours bounces back! They really are stunning!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've updated. Been so crazy busy...I gotta still go through everyone's threads to catch up.

Tank has started doing much better with the light switch. The aquamaxx really messed things up.

Finally things are opening. I was really worried I was going to lose everything since nothing was opening.

The jack o latern took the biggest hit and it's starting to colour up again but there is loss of flesh😥 it's my favourite coral in there.

My Halloween hermit is very cool but knocks things over that aren't glued down.

The anemone shrimp loves chilling in pretty much any coral it chooses to irritate. Lol.

The damsel is so cool but still kinda skittish. He's quite the piggy when it comes to food.

Still waiting on my lid...ugly eggcrate in use right now because I had my fw betta go MIA overnight, concerned that my cat may have gotten it so playing it safe with the pico.

20190615_010833.jpg

20190615_010900.jpg

20190615_010808.jpg

20190615_010932.jpg

20190612_202304.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
8 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Glad to hear things are on the mend.  Everything looks great.  What are you going to use for a lid?

I'm going to use acrylic, something simple but not as noticeable as egg crate.

59 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

Great looking photos .  I wish I could find a toadstool around here.

They aren't easy to find here anymore either. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I'm going to use acrylic, something simple but not as noticeable as egg crate.

Nice. I bought a thin acrylic sheet from Home Depot to make a lid as well, but haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice. I bought a thin acrylic sheet from Home Depot to make a lid as well, but haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet. 

Lol. I guess we all are a bit busy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/15/2019 at 11:06 PM, Tigahboy said:

Same only I haven't even bought it yet... but that is the plan 😛

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Same only I haven't even bought it yet... but that is the plan 😛

I drilled a bunch of holes in my acrylic sheet and I accidentally cracked the sheet and cut my finger pretty badly.  LOL.  I may make one out of those window screen frames instead.

• Wow 3
On 6/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, Tigahboy said:

I drilled a bunch of holes in my acrylic sheet and I accidentally cracked the sheet and cut my finger pretty badly.  LOL.  I may make one out of those window screen frames instead.

Hope you are ok! What we go through for our tanks. Lol 

• Haha 1

Update time. Been a while.

Got a new friend for the damsel, I always wanted an octopus, they are my favourite.😁

Still trying to figure the light out. Can't determine if it's too little or too much. Some corals are doing well but some are not fully open still. Not sure if it's too much/too little light or if it's the downward flow from the filter.

Love the 2 blasto's, they are so different. 

Got my lid done. It's a thicker piece of acrylic cut to size, adding some holes to prevent condensation.

my dad is having heart surgery tmw so my updating will be limited for a few weeks as I will be staying and caring for him.

I'll try my best to update and go through everyone's threads.

20190627_203531.jpg

20190627_204646.jpg

20190627_203423.jpg

20190627_204639.jpg

20190627_205003.jpg

20190627_204607.jpg

20190627_204553.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
7 hours ago, Clown79 said:

my dad is having heart surgery tmw so my updating will be limited for a few weeks as I will be staying and caring for him.

Best of luck for tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Btw, what is that purple spotted thing in front of Hank? Almost looks like it could be a clam.

12 hours ago, seabass said:

Wishing him, you, and your family the best!

Thank you so much, truly appreciate the well wishes.

5 hours ago, Tempestas said:

Best of luck for tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Btw, what is that purple spotted thing in front of Hank? Almost looks like it could be a clam.

Thank you, really appreciate it.

No, I wish I had a clam. It's a blue spot discosoma just ticked off from the flow and being fragged. 

11 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

The lid 🤦‍♂️

Im digging the hank decoration though it ceramic right?

Thanks. I love him too.

It's an aquarium ornament not ceramic.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a few new corals.

Going to place the monti setosa on the small individual rock. Love this coral and had to grab it cause you don't see it often here.

Grabbed a nice looking ric.

I put a few frag pieces of superman monti on hank, hoping to cover him eventually.

My blastos are growing. The one is really cool, love the orange with green stripes running through it. It's very different.

My acans are the one thing not happy in the tank. First time I've had issues with acans. Decided to move my poison ivy acan back to my lagoon.

Leather seems to be stretching to the light but everything else is doing great. This is the first toadstool i've had that doesn't shrink at night. 

Thankfully, my jack o lantern is starting to look better and spreading. I really didn't want to lose this coral.

Tank seems to be doing well, coralline already starting on the glass. My only issue is getting the light right. 

20190713_215102.jpg

20190713_215211.jpg

20190713_215320.jpg

20190713_215351.jpg

20190713_215407.jpg

20190713_215226.jpg

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Looks great! Blastos are one of my fav corals, where did you get yours from? They are awesome!

A guy I know locally sells frags and when I went to pick up zoas, I ended up coming g home with the blasto's too.😁 

I love blasto's and I haven't seen these before, they were a must have..then again what coral isn't?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I did an update. It's been a hectic month!

Finally got finished some things I wanted to do with the tank that I had planned but didn't get around to getting done.

I have some floating gsp and now added a shadowbox background. Love the colour changing in the background. I always had the light but it really couldn't be seen until I made the shadowbox.

Not sure why the filter shows through in the pics because it doesn't with the naked eye.

I added a really pretty ricordea, wish I had gotten more they were $19 a head with 20% off.

Note to self, buy more when it's on sale! 

I also added a montipora setosa which really stands out.

My jack o lantern has finally gotten back to normal and spreading. Really happy about that.

Macro is taking off and I added this really cool purple macro. 

I thought the leather looked like it was stretching for light but it stays the same even at night, odd leather since all my leathers have always shrunk at night.

20190731_212252.jpg

20190731_211836.jpg

20190731_212849.jpg

20190731_211920.jpg

20190731_212216.jpg

20190731_212017.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
  • Clown79 changed the title to Clowns 2.5 Cove