Coral Vue Hydros

Clowns 2.5 Cove

Clown79

This guy is extra salty
40 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I hate dino's. So much work!

They are it’s like too bad there isn’t a cure all for all reef tank problems, it’s called don’t get a reef tank. Lol

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

They are it’s like too bad there isn’t a cure all for all reef tank problems, it’s called don’t get a reef tank. Lol

Lmao! That's the only cure.

In my 25g what worked was dosing copepods and phyto, while sucking out the dino every night through floss and returning water to tank. 

No waterchanges for over a month.

In 2 weeks the dino's were gone.

• Like 1

Fighting dino's. So far only corals affected are the hammer and 1 acan all else is doing good.

Dino's are such a PITA.

Been removing them with a Turkey baster through a filter sock a then recycling water back in the tank.

No waterchanges happening during the dino outbreak.

Seeded my tank with copepods and started the phyto dosing tonight.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Wow 2
12 minutes ago, seabass said:

Sorry to hear that.  Good luck!

Thanks. I believe it came from a coral from my 25g.

25g has no dino's now but the pico being so new  I guess had the perfect params for them or lack there of.

• Like 3

Tagging along. Hope you beat the dinos, I hate them with the passion of a thousand fiery suns.  I'd like to dracaris them right out of the universe lol.

• Haha 5
38 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Tagging along. Hope you beat the dinos, I hate them with the passion of a thousand fiery suns.  I'd like to dracaris them right out of the universe lol.

^ this, definitely!

There are less tonight but in a 2.5g, I think it will be a bigger fight. 

Loving this tank. I picked up a couple so those same leptoseris, they sure are stunning! 

I cant wait to see this tank in a few months, it’s ALREADY looking so mature!! Really nice work!

What a crazy month! 

It's been go go go, barely time for Nano Reef and checking out ppl's journals. I know I'm gonna spend a night checking out everyone's wonderful pico's.

So things are going pretty good. The dino's are dying down. 

I took the same approach in my 2.5g as I did in my 25g. Seems to be working.

This has been the go to method for me:

Dosed copepods

No waterchanges 

Sucking out dino's, filtering the water through floss and a filter sock, then returning the water into tank.

Dosing phyto every other day

Feeding coral food every other day

Cut photo period to 4 hrs

I haven't lost anything. 1 acan isn't looking great but it never has. Oddest acan ever. 

My hammer isn't happy but it's another coral that never has.

My jack o lantern has grown even more, same with the leather. So I am happy with that.

All inverts are still going.

I think I might add a damsel. These guys are so pretty and tough, I think one could handle the 2.5g alone.

Thanks everyone for following along. I'll post new pics once the lights are on.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

What a crazy month! 

It's been go go go, barely time for Nano Reef and checking out ppl's journals. I know I'm gonna spend a night checking out everyone's wonderful pico's.

So things are going pretty good. The dino's are dying down. 

I took the same approach in my 2.5g as I did in my 25g. Seems to be working.

This has been the go to method for me:

Dosed copepods

No waterchanges 

Sucking out dino's, filtering the water through floss and a filter sock, then returning the water into tank.

Dosing phyto every other day

Feeding coral food every other day

Cut photo period to 4 hrs

I haven't lost anything. 1 acan isn't looking great but it never has. Oddest acan ever. 

My hammer isn't happy but it's another coral that never has.

My jack o lantern has grown even more, same with the leather. So I am happy with that.

All inverts are still going.

I think I might add a damsel. These guys are so pretty and tough, I think one could handle the 2.5g alone.

Thanks everyone for following along. I'll post new pics once the lights are on.

Interested to see the growth on the jack o lantern! And looking forward to pics! Glad I hear the battle with Dino’s is going well, just keep fighting the good fight and I’m sure you’ll come out on top!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MetaTank said:

Interested to see the growth on the jack o lantern! And looking forward to pics! Glad I hear the battle with Dino’s is going well, just keep fighting the good fight and I’m sure you’ll come out on top!!

The jack o lantern is growing at a shocking rate. Compared to other corals I have had over the yrs.

Dino's are not fun and it's my fault they got in the 2.5g.

I put corals from my 25g(although no dino's were seen under microscope) and the pico had the perfect environment for them.

I have learned, higher nutrients keeps dino's dormant.

I plan on a small damsel in the pico to keep nutrients up.

My other 2 tanks are doing much better since getting my phos a lot higher than what is claimed to be "best"

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

The jack o lantern is growing at a shocking rate. Compared to other corals I have had over the yrs.

Dino's are not fun and it's my fault they got in the 2.5g.

I put corals from my 25g(although no dino's were seen under microscope) and the pico had the perfect environment for them.

I have learned, higher nutrients keeps dino's dormant.

I plan on a small damsel in the pico to keep nutrients up.

My other 2 tanks are doing much better since getting my phos a lot higher than what is claimed to be "best"

Well sounds like you definitely have a handle on it...I’ll be referring to this if I ever have Dino’s again.

as for the jack o lantern...what conditions do you have it under, as far as lighting and placement? I have 2 frags of it, one I placed halfway under an overhang, and the other is being blasted by full light. The one under the overhang has a portion that’s shaded a bit more than the other.

My first lepto

• Like 2
18 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I want to see your acrylic lid 

Thank u for reminding me, the hubby has to cut me up one. Lol

7 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am glad you beat the dinos.  Sounds like things are moving along.  About time for a FTS?

Ok. I forgot to post a pic last night

20190514_012815.jpg

20190513_193733.jpg

20190514_012920.jpg

20190514_012904.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 5
  • Thanks 1

You've got the coral flowatry going, you weren't kidding about the Jack O' Lantern growth is insane.  Its encrusted the whole plug in a month.  Awesome growth, are you dosing? feeding? anything different?

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate it.

3 hours ago, 748S911 said:

You've got the coral flowatry going, you weren't kidding about the Jack O' Lantern growth is insane.  Its encrusted the whole plug in a month.  Awesome growth, are you dosing? feeding? anything different?

I know, its i think the fastest coral growth I've had.

I normally don't luck out with encrusting coral. 

It's such a pretty coral. 

I dosed once.

I feed coral food every other day, dosing phyto every 2 days.

I did my first waterchange since getting dino's but I didn't use new salt water because that fuels dino 

I used water from my 10g tanks water change. It's not dirty water but filled with nutrients. I took some sand from the tank too and added it to the pico.

So far the dino's have died down a lot, I didn't see alot in the tank today. 

Going to be getting my lid cut next week. 

Changed some corals around. The hammer wasn't happy where it was and I put the Lobo in less light because it was loosing some colour.

Finally got some photos of the tank at night. The light I use for moonlighting changes colours.

looks pretty cool how it transitions from colour to colour.

Rainbow Reef. Lol.

I need a fish. 

20190518_010623.jpg

20190518_010720.jpg

20190518_010741.jpg

20190518_011045.jpg

20190518_011158.jpg

20190518_011134.jpg

• Like 6
  • Clown79 changed the title to Clowns 2.5 Cove