ReefCleaners.org

Snow's 2.9G O.S.P.R. Mushroom Mansion

Snow_Phoenix

Derp  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Derp stay, or should he be booted out of the Mushroom Mansion? Pick wisely, your answers *might* determine his future!

• Keep Derp. It's fun to watch him wreak havoc in your Pico.
    • Toss the bugger out. Hermits suck anyway.
    • Watch him for a while - if he keeps feeding one coral to another shroom again, kick him out!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2020 at 04:00 PM

18 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I also moved out all my...   I also moved my...   I'm tentatively debating on moving out my...   Oh, and I've moved out...

Just as long as Derp stays.

See the source image

• Haha 3
Snow_Phoenix

I did a 90% WC today and did a deep 'scrub' of the sandbed. Basically, I unleashed all hell of dirt in my tank, and siphoned as much of it out as possible.

Good news is that the tank looks much better, and I spotted Prowler! He's alive and healthy - and I still have no idea what exactly he eats. Most likely pods, since there is an abundance of them.

Zani the shrimp also molted and regrown his lost claw! His new claw is half the size of the other, but another 1 to 2 more molts should bring it back up to its original size. And I think the tank looked better once I moved a few coral pieces out of it. Less crowded, and definitely more room for growth for the present corals. 

I'm planning on adding my TSB to the tank some time next week. I think he's been in QT long enough. 

Pics to come tomorrow! :happydance:

• Like 6
Snow_Phoenix
44 minutes ago, ef4life said:

More shrooms are never a bad thing.

Yep!

10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I love it 🙂 Mine is so pathetic right now haha 🙂 

Empty tank is not pathetic, IMO. It just means you have a better and more organized plan than I did. I literally chucked everything and anything in my pico within days, which probably wasn't the smartest idea. 😕

But I do love all the extra space I now have. I think it looks less cluttered and the corals have stopped fighting with each other too. 

Plus, Derp gets to 'throw' less things around. I still haven't forgiven him for feeding my purple monti to my shroom. 😓

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ef4life said:

More shrooms are never a bad thing.

+1!

I like those clove polyps too, are you trying to keep things like that separate (on its own rock) or you don't mind it growing in with everything else?

Snow_Phoenix
38 minutes ago, yoshii said:

+1!

I like those clove polyps too, are you trying to keep things like that separate (on its own rock) or you don't mind it growing in with everything else?

I am trying to keep it separate for now. In the case of the shrooms, I am mainly piling them against each other to create a 'pile' effect. 😊

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix

I finally added my TSB, Miko, to the tank today. He seems a bit cautious, as expected of fish thrust into new environments:

IMG_20190515_122821_711.thumb.jpg.33259f09ee2480cf4619a64d3fe351ec.jpg

And I am also thinking of moving my Rainbow Implosions to my 60G. What say all of you? Yay, or nay? 🤔

IMG_20190515_123027_396.thumb.jpg.13b6a7d95074b50cf369b46232266a8d.jpg

And of course. Derp. Still trampling over things and feeding bits of corals to other corals. I think he is my new spirit animal. 🤣

All hail the Great Overlord of Crabby Chaos! 😮

IMG_20190515_123158_437.thumb.jpg.269f3607b5517e857c63efd74e111d2d.jpg

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
33 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Miko is so cute :wub:

Why do you want to move the rainbow implosions?

Because I wanted to create an overlapping 'mat' of palys and zoas in my 60G, and I'm stretched for options. I could, in theory, frag my implosions, but I find it too risky. So either the whole frag moves, or it stays in the Pico. I've already moved out most of my unglued zoa frags into my larger system, and they seem to be doing better there. I think it's because of the better lighting, but I'm not really sure. 

I'm conflicted, actually. Stripping this tank free of the rainbows would reduce its overall beauty and deviate from the 'rojak' theme, I feel. But at the same time, it will create more room for stocking more shrooms in the future. 😕 

Snow_Phoenix
3 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I have been wanting some implosions

😩

I was lucky to score a relatively large frag with a dozen or so heads for only RM 40. Since I have already exceeded my coral budget for the month, I'll have to wait to June to pick up more frags. There was this massive colony of Sunny Ds that my LFS wishes to frag. I told them to contact me ASAP when they do indeed frag it because it looked stunning. 

• Like 2
pricewayne
5 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I was lucky to score a relatively large frag with a dozen or so heads for only RM 40. Since I have already exceeded my coral budget for the month, I'll have to wait to June to pick up more frags. There was this massive colony of Sunny Ds that my LFS wishes to frag. I told them to contact me ASAP when they do indeed frag it because it looked stunning. 

I need to start budgeting corals...... and tell my bank to stop me from my own madness!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You could move the Implosions to your 60, place some rubble around them and when it grows onto the rubble frag it for the pico? That takes some time though

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
17 minutes ago, yoshii said:

You could move the Implosions to your 60, place some rubble around them and when it grows onto the rubble frag it for the pico? That takes some time though

That does sound like an interesting idea. Hopefully I can unstick it from the back of my green rhodactis shroom rock easily though. 

Snow_Phoenix
5 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Ohh it's already growing on something else? You can probably peel it back. Or frag the rock if you're worried 

I glued it on a rock covered with three green shrooms. I think it hasn't spread out that much though, but I'll have to check. I'll also have to snap off the stem of the plug with a pair of cutters first before regluing it down in my 60G. 

Snow_Phoenix

Miko finally found a new hangout spot next to my finger leather. I love his little white cirri and that tiny mustache he has. 😊

IMG_20190515_162753_160.thumb.jpg.86cc15db0b24dad1514d334b781762cb.jpg

Another thing I really love about him is his dark reddish-purplish hue. 'Red' TSBs are difficult to come by here. We usually get the normal grayish-purple version during shipments from Indo, but the Cebu blennies have always had stronger and more vivid coloration.

• Like 5

If it is on a small rock I use a flat head screwdriver down the middle and tap it with a hammer.  It would give you two smaller frags but they would be in different tanks.  They are beautiful zoas and then you would have them in both tanks.  I split most of my zoa frags that way to start the pico.

• Thanks 1
Snow_Phoenix
5 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

The tank looks great and Prowler looks amazing, he is your Circus Goby?

Yep, he is a Circus goby. :happy:

He's mostly nocturnal though, and rarely comes out from behind the LR. I usually catch a glimpse of his fins and that's it. Today I saw him come out a few times (but super-quick) when I turned off the pumps to feed my TSB, Miko. So I quickly tried to snap a pic of him before he vanished again. 

• Like 4