inTank Media Baskets

Snow's 2.9G O.S.P.R. Mushroom Mansion

Snow_Phoenix

Derp  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Derp stay, or should he be booted out of the Mushroom Mansion? Pick wisely, your answers *might* determine his future!

• Keep Derp. It's fun to watch him wreak havoc in your Pico.
    • Toss the bugger out. Hermits suck anyway.
    • Watch him for a while - if he keeps feeding one coral to another shroom again, kick him out!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2020 at 04:00 PM

Snow_Phoenix
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Such a pretty fish! Sorry about the Monti tho 😞

I was really hoping the monti would make it. But being lobbed around repeatedly definitely proved to be too much. I'll try to lookout for another encrusting purple monti - this was rare enough as it is. Maybe I'll get lucky and score a blue/yellow one this time. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Just tossed Derp on the chopping block. Think of it as the Pico-version of Big Brother with only one player. Anyone thinks he should stay? Or should he go?

Poll is up! 

I like this game!! 😄

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Just tossed Derp on the chopping block. Think of it as the Pico-version of Big Brother with only one player. Anyone thinks he should stay? Or should he go?

Poll is up! 

Oh no... poor Derp!!

Is he really on a "chopping block" or just getting an eviction notice? Is there a sump you can relocate him to? Or bring him back to the lfs for "adoption"? 

You named him so you can't kill him!! 😭

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
8 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Oh no... poor Derp!!

Is he really on a "chopping block" or just getting an eviction notice? Is there a sump you can relocate him to? Or bring him back to the lfs for "adoption"? 

You named him so you can't kill him!! 😭

Don't worry - I promise not to toss him. I will most likely evict him back to the nano though. He can have as much fun as he wants, trying to uproot glued down frags over there.

I'll be his silent killjoy. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Snow_Phoenix

I actually have been eyeing on these vivid green acans sold at my LFS. Problem is it's very expensive because it has multiple heads (tiny colony) and also have clove polyps attached to one side of it. Think this is worth it? It's three figures! Huge chunk of my salary and will push this tank from a budget to a non-budget pico. :unsure:

image.png.606da6c414108283ce62f59ff0df1149.png

This is also stunning but way beyond my budget range. Might be suitable for my 60G though, but I doubt I could fit even half of it into my Pico:

image.png.ece64aba774422114211e06ef80fceda.png

This is cuter, but the colors are more muted:

image.png.b4cac0c633c3220a67021a4261760c66.png

It's pico-sized, at least. Still pricey for a very small frag. :scarry:

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I actually have been eyeing on these vivid green acans sold at my LFS. Problem is it's very expensive because it has multiple heads (tiny colony) and also have clove polyps attached to one side of it. Think this is worth it? It's three figures! Huge chunk of my salary and will push this tank from a budget to a non-budget pico. :unsure:

This is also stunning but way beyond my budget range. Might be suitable for my 60G though, but I doubt I could fit even half of it into my Pico:

giphy.gif.8c6fb3d3463ef5d46f47ddb33c9b0471.gif

#youonlyliveonce

• Haha 4

Oh man...I LOVE Acans...I have no further comment. Keep me away from your pocketbook, I'm GREAT at spending money, expecially OTHER peoples money...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

🤯i would pay max $50-60$usd for each colony  

@Snow_Phoenix

I say if you're going to spend 3 figures on a coral for a pico instead order different colored smaller frags online or wherever you can find them.

Once you put that bigger piece in there it will be center stage, unless that's what you're aiming for.

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix
7 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Wow fully stocked and I haven’t even put water in my tank 😂 

I'd actually say mine is only 75% stocked. There is always room for moar corals. :ninja:

7 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

🤯i would pay max $50-60$usd for each colony  

Yeah, it is around ~$45 for the green one and ~$105 for the red/pink one. The tiny frag only costs around ~$20. They're all considered premium though. 

4 hours ago, Wendy said:

@Snow_Phoenix

I say if you're going to spend 3 figures on a coral for a pico instead order different colored smaller frags online or wherever you can find them.

Once you put that bigger piece in there it will be center stage, unless that's what you're aiming for.

I think the green one is too large for my pico. It would however, be a good fit for my 60G. I still need to think about it though. RM 180 for a coral is still very expensive by my means. 

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix

I just went to turn in the lights to my pico and just discovered that I had left the pumps off after gluing down everything last night. I even took pics of my shroom splitting and yet I didn't realize the HOB filter wasn't on. 😓

Today morning I woke up to some angry corals:

20190420_103250.thumb.jpg.0f040f111df19657e3d2a01852d09904.jpg

20190420_103215.thumb.jpg.eaacdd666494dafa668ce87a37621133.jpg

And one invincible hermit:

20190420_103229.thumb.jpg.5f47bdfd5af2c70c7b288513bf60b364.jpg

No losses so far thankfully. Tank had no circulation for 16+ hours in total. I'll keep an eye on the livestock. If things go to hell, I'll do a quick WC. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix

Quick update:

I transferred my red mini carpet nem (injured foot + bleached), two of my acan frags (melted) and one of my newly split hairy shrooms (bleached) from my nano to my Pico. 

The tank is a mess. But true to it's 'rojak' theme, it will be that way, in a disorganized, eye-sore sort-of fashion.

However, some parts of the tank is doing very well, like my zoas, which are bopping out new polyps:

And here's the zoa and yuma corners, under DD filter lens:

And this is the current topshot view, of somewhat angry corals because I had to mess around with some glue again. I've moved my finger leather and re-glued the frag it was on to another corner of my Pico, so that it has more room to grow out in the future:

Sorry if the color scheme is off. I'm still not good at adjusting the white balance of my phone's camera. (The lobo isn't bleached btw, it's just the lights - I checked).

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix

Miko is having a fun time in the QT:

IMG_20190420_173129_550.thumb.jpg.77bb94b0d58e7209a25be25404cd1cc9.jpg

IMG_20190420_173129_545.thumb.jpg.1f9aa2d6ef168ea34a841215b9b3540c.jpg

And here he is, getting photobombed by one of my YCGs: :lol:

IMG_20190420_173343_344.thumb.jpg.39f08cb4ab2a7e1e53649c4af32ed6a0.jpg

Also, there are some noticeable gaps in my tank lid that I will need to patch over with some fine plastic mesh:

20190420_171729.thumb.jpg.c84df671f66e50c967e78d7e043339d7.jpg

20190420_171740.thumb.jpg.6d29a69ff25aab472915370a2b6e5ddf.jpg

I'm just thinking some super glue should fix the gaps. Need to especially cover the one near the clamp of my light because that gap is huge. Lid will look messy but at least it will limit the chances of any carpet-surfing attempts in the future.

• Like 2

Would it help to glue the plugs down and give Derp some dice or acrylic items to toss around instead.  Do you have any acrylic bird toy parts you could use?