Jump to content
Snow_Phoenix

Snow's 2.9G O.S.P.R. Mushroom Mansion - Moar Pics?

Recommended Posts

Those red 🦀eyes tho.  

 

Love the photo of the crab getting comfy under a Yuma blanket.  🤗

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Those red 🦀eyes tho.  

 

Love the photo of the crab getting comfy under a Yuma blanket.  🤗

Thanks! I like it when they all try to hide under my yuma. I once had my tuxedo urchin attempt to steal the whole frag, which was 3x his size. :blink:

 

Thankfully, his brilliant 'hat' idea didn't work. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I'd say scarlet found her home sweet home.

She's now abandoned the yuma and scuttled off to horizons unknown. I did however, catch Grump picking off algae from behind my green zoa rock-stick. I've sort of hit a limbo period with this tank and am now just sitting back and watching things grow - my usual LFS is finally bringing in some corals after about 2 years of selling fish exclusively. I had a sneak peek of some of their shrooms, and it's lovely! (My wallet on the other hand, is already weeping blood)

 

So I guess...moar shrooms? :ninja:

And maybe zoas. Yesh, definitely zoas. omgomgomg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just finished doing another 90% WC. 

 

IMG_20190417_180740_140.thumb.jpg.0a664a491e11c00af8fe18eab6162574.jpg

 

IMG_20190417_180740_144.thumb.jpg.f19fbd45c5b88e43970f1bf2c2ee5305.jpg

 

IMG_20190417_180740_146.thumb.jpg.e56721bd2dd7628c41c0226754075880.jpg

 

And I noticed something very peculiar about my green hairy shroom today while refilling the tank:

 

IMG_20190417_191252_515.thumb.jpg.22aa4685ff61aef81b6141f889e988c0.jpg

 

My shroom is splitting on its own, right through the mouth! omgomgomg

 

So I guess we're going to have two hairy shrooms on the same frag very soon. So excited! I like how things are actually growing and multiplying at a steady rate in this tank. Reminds me of one if my older nanos where I had a neon green candy cane sprout 20 heads from only a dozen in less than 4 months. 

 

The fern caulerpa has also been growing like a ball of weed - I had to prune it a little bit today. My grape caulerpa mostly went sexual and died, but there are a few viable strands left. 

 

I'm on the lookout for some Halimeda and scroll algae atm. My galaxaura is pretty but it is a super slow grower. 

 

I'm waiting for my LFS to restock their branch with new corals before I get anything else. Right now I'm mostly focused on getting this tiny tank stable and growing, and upgrading my nano. (New tank to arrive very soon)

 

Miko is doing very well. I got him a little wrasse friend in QT - it is a pink streak that will be moved into my 60G cube once that setup is up and running. 

 

IMG_20190417_144248_372.thumb.jpg.037614f076dc038b2427caf07f401159.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

So exciting to see growth already!

Love the lil pink streak wrasse!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah nice to see everything happy and growing, despite the aquascaping crabs! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Quick update! I just found Scarlet - she now resides in the empty semi-barnacle shell on my LR. It's difficult to spot her because she's hidden so well. (Scroll forward on Insta to see her exact location in the pic):

 

Derp was being a little jerk again and knocked my purple monti (or rather, whatever that's left of it) into my shroom pile. :rant:

 

Had to use tweezers to fish it out of the pile and put it back up. I think I should glue it down to the rock, but as you can see above, it's still half-dead, so I don't know if it'll be worth it. 

 

Miko is doing quite well in QT - did a small wellness check on him and the wrasse, and they both appear to be fine so far:

 

Sorry for the grainy quality of the video. The QT is made of opaque plastic, so it's very hard to focus on anything inside of it, especially things that are in motion like fish. It's worse when you try zooming in on the plastic. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

We finally have two mouths on this thing! It is still splitting - I think I should have two complete shrooms by either tomorrow or the day after! 😊

 

IMG_20190418_141659_803.thumb.jpg.c929402984a0e8d47052e81aae9079e1.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone want moar pics? :ninja:

 

Full PE on new finger leather frag, although it isn't properly attached to anything yet:

 

IMG_20190418_175632_755.thumb.jpg.597da451d949adf8cc50b1c2addcd5c7.jpg

 

Yumas doing good so far:

 

20190418_172010.thumb.jpg.01bcde3a8ae7e8708a00ea49a294f4e7.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_175754_268.thumb.jpg.32fa823ffd0bd258c67b12983e2d9de2.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_175754_263.thumb.jpg.b60ef7fcf6dedf8c650d7dd2b1e2c8fd.jpg

 

Shroom pile is also doing very well: 

 

IMG_20190418_175933_136.thumb.jpg.9efe07f28b334608f55689303bbd1029.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_175933_134.thumb.jpg.8ccf089b55da5ad408c1dc0603d7e40d.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_181140_365.thumb.jpg.7a6da71c2efcd3bb0c609ee7fdcc06c7.jpg

 

My only LPS currently in this tank:

 

IMG_20190418_180306_933.thumb.jpg.29e4645c1f1d7536dce76e22971a51ac.jpg

 

Clove polyps now have 4 tiny new heads. Officially the fastest grower in my tank:

 

IMG_20190418_180141_259.thumb.jpg.505d31816221475ff7ad501293e383b6.jpg

 

This splitting business is almost complete. I can actually see the 'borders' of two separate shrooms now:

 

IMG_20190418_181002_589.thumb.jpg.1d2e1b0ad81493203dd4ae6085ff7954.jpg

 

I do have film algae on some of my zoa frag plugs. Here's the hitchiker snail hard at work:

 

IMG_20190418_180448_493.thumb.jpg.c11c4e8734f5f2b70d2f27efd1096d4f.jpg

 

From conquering the shroom pile, Derp has now moved on to take over the highest peak in the tank - the zoa tower:

 

IMG_20190418_180853_334.thumb.jpg.be0d1ff597cbe85a84cbeb0e1db057de.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_180049_809.thumb.jpg.61b1077ae126be46a69ed112276c8c67.jpg

 

And I think my macro needs more pruning. Grows too quickly but it is full of pineapple sponges, spirochaetes, microbrittle stars, and a lot of pods:

 

IMG_20190418_180706_544.thumb.jpg.c9dd6ee4c287f9bdd74048934bc771f5.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Anyone want moar pics? :ninja:

 

Full PE on new finger leather frag, although it isn't properly attached to anything yet:

 

IMG_20190418_175632_755.thumb.jpg.597da451d949adf8cc50b1c2addcd5c7.jpg

 

Yumas doing good so far:

 

20190418_172010.thumb.jpg.01bcde3a8ae7e8708a00ea49a294f4e7.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_175754_268.thumb.jpg.32fa823ffd0bd258c67b12983e2d9de2.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_175754_263.thumb.jpg.b60ef7fcf6dedf8c650d7dd2b1e2c8fd.jpg

 

Shroom pile is also doing very well: 

 

IMG_20190418_175933_136.thumb.jpg.9efe07f28b334608f55689303bbd1029.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_175933_134.thumb.jpg.8ccf089b55da5ad408c1dc0603d7e40d.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_181140_365.thumb.jpg.7a6da71c2efcd3bb0c609ee7fdcc06c7.jpg

 

My only LPS currently in this tank:

 

IMG_20190418_180306_933.thumb.jpg.29e4645c1f1d7536dce76e22971a51ac.jpg

 

Clove polyps now have 4 tiny new heads. Officially the fastest grower in my tank:

 

IMG_20190418_180141_259.thumb.jpg.505d31816221475ff7ad501293e383b6.jpg

 

This splitting business is almost complete. I can actually see the 'borders' of two separate shrooms now:

 

IMG_20190418_181002_589.thumb.jpg.1d2e1b0ad81493203dd4ae6085ff7954.jpg

 

I do have film algae on some of my zoa frag plugs. Here's the hitchiker snail hard at work:

 

IMG_20190418_180448_493.thumb.jpg.c11c4e8734f5f2b70d2f27efd1096d4f.jpg

 

From conquering the shroom pile, Derp has now moved on to take over the highest peak in the tank - the zoa tower:

 

IMG_20190418_180853_334.thumb.jpg.be0d1ff597cbe85a84cbeb0e1db057de.jpg

 

IMG_20190418_180049_809.thumb.jpg.61b1077ae126be46a69ed112276c8c67.jpg

 

And I think my macro needs more pruning. Grows too quickly but it is full of pineapple sponges, spirochaetes, microbrittle stars, and a lot of pods:

 

IMG_20190418_180706_544.thumb.jpg.c9dd6ee4c287f9bdd74048934bc771f5.jpg

 

The shrooms look great! 😀

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

The shrooms look great! 😀

Thank you! I'm holding back from getting more for a short while. Will actively buy other types/colors once my 60G arrives. :lol:

 

I really love the growth I'm seeing. Even the tiny polyps - I honestly didn't expect anything to grow, let alone grow this quickly. 

 

Do you have any recommendations for a nice coral to grow/position over my LR? I was thinking of either a GSP mat (I have horrible track record with growing GSP though) or transplanting my bleached red mini carpet nem into this tank just before I tear down the 20G. Thoughts/advice? :scarry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Thank you! I'm holding back from getting more for a short while. Will actively buy other types/colors once my 60G arrives. :lol:

 

I really love the growth I'm seeing. Even the tiny polyps - I honestly didn't expect anything to grow, let alone grow this quickly. 

 

Do you have any recommendations for a nice coral to grow/position over my LR? I was thinking of either a GSP mat (I have horrible track record with growing GSP though) or transplanting my bleached red mini carpet nem into this tank just before I tear down the 20G. Thoughts/advice? :scarry:

If you didn’t live on the other side of the world I’d send you some branching GSP!! 😃

 

I vote carpet nem! 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

If you didn’t live on the other side of the world I’d send you some branching GSP!! 😃

 

I vote carpet nem! 

Oh yesh, branching GSP sounds awesome!

 

Alright, mini nem it is. Hopefully it can recover in this tank and return to its full crimson glory. Right now it looks so washed out and has shrunk down to the size of a penny. :unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

IMG_20190418_180448_493.thumb.jpg.c11c4e8734f5f2b70d2f27efd1096d4f.jpg

Your hitchhiker snail looks to be a whelk.  While you might not have a problem, I'd keep an eye on it.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, seabass said:

Your hitchhiker snail looks to be a whelk.  While you might not have a problem, I'd keep an eye on it.

Don't worry - Tamberav IDed it earlier. Turned out to be a Euplica scripta. So it's a good guy. Does a good job at cleaning up any film algae/diatoms that pops up on the glass too! 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post

Nice Yuma pics! And your shrooms look good too!

 

For future corals, couldn't you have both? GSP and the mini red carpet

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...