Jump to content
seabass

Montipora Fields of Bikini Bottom 🗿 Old School Mullet

Recommended Posts

seabass

Oh my, I just realized that my tank is a mullet.  Talk about old school.  :lol:

 

mullet.jpg.15467463caffb30c401b365cd6b54e4b.jpg

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, seabass said:

OMG, I just realized what my tank is; talk about old school.  :lol:

 

mullet.jpg.15467463caffb30c401b365cd6b54e4b.jpg

55811AEA-AB9A-4448-80CE-5FBA36B922CC.gif.2503d555bd46040f3fe1d064001e6b2d.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
15 minutes ago, seabass said:

OMG, I just realized what my tank is; talk about old school.  :lol:

 

mullet.jpg.15467463caffb30c401b365cd6b54e4b.jpg

Change your thread name now 

“Team mullet”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Image result for spongebob mullet

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

That stand is AWESOME! 

 

People with their stupid common boring wood stands... HA! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
29 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

That stand is AWESOME! 

 

People with their stupid common boring wood stands... HA! 

My stand isn’t wood 😂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
7 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

My stand isn’t wood 😂 

There was a tank here before with an all acylic stand. I wish I could find the post.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Wendy

@seabass

Glad you're using your brass stand & thanks for showing us your cool creation!

 

Now about the mullet.... just kidding!

Party on!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks
On 4/17/2019 at 7:22 PM, seabass said:

After more than a month of curing my live rock, it's finally wet.

041719c.jpg

 

Zoomed FTS.

041719d.jpg

 

What's funny is that a yellow sponge lives on the back of the rock that's just outside the pineapple house.

041719e.jpg

What a fun concept, this came together so well! I don't think I've seen a tank with a full diorama in back like this 🙂 

 

I can't stop laughing about the mullet tank joke either 😂

  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

What a fun concept, this came together so well!

Thanks CM!  I figured why not embrace my avatar for this contest.  I hope to have it fully stocked for the month end FTS, then sit back and watch it grow.

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
On 4/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, Tamberav said:

There was a tank here before with an all acylic stand. I wish I could find the post.

That would be cool to look at 

 

@seabass have you used plastidip? I wanted to know your thoughts on using a non saltwater decoration and making it safe

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

@seabass have you used plastidip?

I'm sorry, I haven't.

 

1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I wanted to know your thoughts on using a non saltwater decoration and making it safe 

Don't they use clear epoxy resin on Tanked?  Depending on the object, I think that might be an option.

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

I purchased a couple more pieces of montipora during Unique Corals' live sale this weekend.  They will show up Thursday, but I'll probably acclimate them in my Caribbean tank with the other corals for this tank.  The goal is to have them glued for the month end FTS.  I'd like my FTS shots to be growth shots versus me just adding more stuff throughout the competition.

 

I also decided that it would look better if I added another piece of rubble to the tank.  So here's a bleached piece of rubble that we can watch color up over the next six months.

042319a.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel

I love that you embraced your avatar theme for this tank.  It's a really cute idea!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
55 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I love that you embraced your avatar theme for this tank.

Ditto.

Share this post


Link to post
Naekuh

What is that rubble? is that a dead monti skeleton?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
22 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

What is that rubble? is that a dead monti skeleton? 

I'm not sure; that coral skeleton was part of some rubble that was included with a dry rock order years ago.  I suppose that it could be from a montipora. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

@seabass  Lovin the depth effect... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
13 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

@seabass  Lovin the depth effect... 

Thanks!  I wish I did it even bigger; but at least it fits on this stand.

 

After a little research, I removed three unidentified limpets today.  Not knowing exactly what species they were, I decided not to take any chances.  I'm not sure I made the right choice about the stars and limpets, but figured it's better to error on the side of caution.

 

Funny, with all this life, I've only seen a single pod.  I might have to import some.  In the meantime, I think I'll load this tank with phyto and see if I can start a bloom.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
1 minute ago, seabass said:

Thanks!  I wish I did it even bigger; but at least it fits on this stand.

 

After a little research, I removed three unidentified limpets today.  Not knowing exactly what species they were, I decided not to take any chances.  I'm not sure I made the right choice about the stars and limpets, but figured it's better to error on the side of caution.

 

Funny, with all this life, I've only seen a single pod.  I might have to import some.  In the meantime, I think I'll load this tank with phyto and see if I can start a bloom.

lol bigger is always better, but its just right!

 

I've never seen so many different kinds of pods in my pico they are multiplying like crazy.  I guess it was a good thing seeding the whole thing with chaeto from a fellow reefers 300 gallon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
17 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I guess it was a good thing seeding the whole thing with chaeto from a fellow reefers 300 gallon.

Good idea.  Maybe I'll seed some with macro from my 100 gallon tank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
On 4/20/2019 at 4:14 PM, seabass said:

I'm sorry, I haven't.

 

Don't they use clear epoxy resin on Tanked?  Depending on the object, I think that might be an option.

Yes they do

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tempestas

I wonder if you attached a montipora frag directly to that piece of rubble if it would utilise the skeleton and grow faster than say an identical frag mounted on the rock.

 

Growthwise that piece of rubble looks very similar to the purple and yellow montis that I would see washed ashore in the Pacific.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
6 minutes ago, Tempestas said:

I wonder if you attached a montipora frag directly to that piece of rubble if it would utilise the skeleton and grow faster than say an identical frag mounted on the rock.

I can't imagine that it would matter.  However, I will be mounting one or more montiporas to that piece; so I guess we shall see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
1 hour ago, seabass said:

I can't imagine that it would matter.  However, I will be mounting one or more montiporas to that piece; so I guess we shall see.

Like a Monti version of the Frankenstein tree?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...