SaltCritters.com

Montipora Fields of Bikini Bottom 🗿 Old School Mullet

seabass

Montipora Fields of Bikini Bottom 🗿 Business Up Front... Party in the Back

Contest Final FTS (10/2719):

102719a.jpg

This tribute to my avatar has been a success as well as a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed the initial excitement which everyone exhibited in this "little" contest.  And following these unique pico tanks to completion has been a real pleasure.  I set up this tank specifically to participate in this contest.  My intention was to keep costs low and then repurpose the light and move the corals to another tank after the contest.

102719b.jpg

I built the Bikini Bottom diorama and added SpongeBob decor.  I also cut a custom glass top to fit my HOB filter.  I even purchased some new LEDs for my black box light, but never got to switch them out.  I started with live rock from my LFS.  However, all the montipora frags came from Unique Corals, which I fragged into even smaller pieces for this tank.  During the contest I fragged and moved my setosa again, due to territorial infringement from the Superman.

102719c.jpg

Bonus Video FTS (10/27/19):

Thanks to all who have followed along; and thanks to Christopher Marks for hosting this contest.

• Like 16

Congratulations on being a finalist. Great job on your THEME. Keeping the decorations out of the tank is such a great way to decorate. Not using up any tank space and not having to clean the decoration genius. I do like that you stocked the tank and then didn't continue adding more corals so that the growth pictures truly showed just growth. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1