Pod Your Reef

Billdeluz Tank o' jank *Now including coral*

billdeluz

Now for those of you wondering a tube will be run in the pipe out the spigot to be used as my ato so yes i will not be using the brass as a carrier for the water20190403_224003.jpg

First full fts20190403_224349.jpg

❤❤❤ im happy much more to come just wanted to start posting20190403_224354.jpg

Current state is boring🤗20190403_224358.jpg

Last shot of the night till she clears up now the waiting game20190403_224404.jpg

• Like 9

Wow looking wonderful. I was wondering too, is the faucet just decorative? Or functional?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, asting said:

That looks pretty awesome. Is that an ATO pipe?

Yes sure is not plumbed yet

2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Wow looking wonderful. I was wondering too, is the faucet just decorative? Or functional?

Function

• Like 1

Still need alot to do including wire management 😂😂

Plumb the ato line and im thinking of doing a awc setup not sure yet this is what it looks like current tommorow is another day to mess around

20190403_232922.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, asting said:

hmm. what is up with the HP monitor and mass of cable?

Lol tommorow i will fix it i work 14 hour days it looks great from my bed hp monitor is for the fish if they get bored

Get some clear coat over that brass! Just in case condensation or drips come in contact with it, you don't want to carry any of the nastiness to the tank...

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Lingwendil said:

Get some clear coat over that brass! Just in case condensation or drips come in contact with it, you don't want to carry any of the nastiness to the tank...

Clear nail polish works just as well

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lingwendil said:

Agreed im cHanging it up updates tommorow

• Like 1

Almost 24hrs later and she just about gin clear let the games begin20190404_213510.jpg

Went to the lfs today and picked up a mangrove 20190404_213610.jpg

Added a cover tonight just need to bolt it up 20190404_213530.jpg

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, billdeluz said:

Almost 24hrs later and she just about gin clear let the games begin20190404_213510.jpg

Went to the lfs today and picked up a mangrove 20190404_213610.jpg

Oooh...mangrove. I have zero experience with these, so it'll be interesting to watch how this goes...please share the process and care procedures if ya dont mind at some point!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Oooh...mangrove. I have zero experience with these, so it'll be interesting to watch how this goes...please share the process and care procedures if ya dont mind at some point!

I will every step the main thing is good lighting and keeping the salt off the leaves i mist and wipe everyday

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, billdeluz said:

I will every step the main thing is good lighting and keeping the salt off the leaves i mist and wipe everyday

I'd love to have mangrove in a larger tank some day, I will be following this one closely!

• Like 1

Added some coral and macros algae yesterday

20190404_214227.jpg

All removed from the plugs and in the dip u go

20190404_214725.jpg

Current fts

20190407_192540.jpg

20190404_214722.jpg

My middle daughter drawing on the new chalkboard panels that we installed

20190407_192523.jpg

20190405_225315.jpg

• Like 11
8 hours ago, 748S911 said:

looking great! how do you like the tunze nano pump?

This is the pico and so far so good not to much flow to boost everything just enough ide say for this application ires prefect

Love the build, especially the spigot ATO aesthetic.

Did you make the skimmer box yourself? I used a similar setup on my old 20g Nano and I'm kind of missing it ever since I "upgraded" to a JBJ internal filter. Cleaner look, way less effective 🙄