Jump to content
kimberbee

Kimber's Contest Pico - 10 Days Left

Recommended Posts

seabass
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

I know I already bowed out of the competition

I don't recognize your resignation from the competition.  You're still in as far as I'm concerned.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Wonderboy

Yeeesss!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimdawg

I think your still in, you just had a long water change.😁  The more the merrier is my philosophy.  Only three win but we all get to have fun and learn.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

I took mine down too recently... haven't even found time to post about it yet.....I had a extended power outage when I was at work and lost fish in the pico and in my 21g. I thought about keeping it but I was also moving and I was so exhausted moving 5 other tanks and all my furniture and cleaning my old apt I said the hell with it. 

  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
30 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I think your still in, you just had a long water change.😁  The more the merrier is my philosophy.  Only three win but we all get to have fun and learn.

Really, I just want the Nano-Reef t-shirt... maybe @Christopher Marks should add a "longest water change" category. 🤭

4 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I took mine down too recently... haven't even found time to post about it yet.....I had a extended power outage when I was at work and lost fish in the pico and in my 21g. I thought about keeping it but I was also moving and I was so exhausted moving 5 other tanks and all my furniture and cleaning my old apt I said the hell with it. 

You certainly had a lot on your plate these past few weeks!! I'm sorry to hear of your fish losses. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

That looks like a Sept FTS to me so you’re still in! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Sancho
6 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Really, I just want the Nano-Reef t-shirt... maybe @Christopher Marks 

 

@Christopher Marks send the girl a shirt 🤗

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
48 minutes ago, Sancho said:

@Christopher Marks send the girl a shirt 🤗

I want one to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hell they need a for sale section to buy them.................

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Really, I just want the Nano-Reef t-shirt... maybe @Christopher Marks should add a "longest water change" category. 🤭

You certainly had a lot on your plate these past few weeks!! I'm sorry to hear of your fish losses. 

Ya I was super bummed and since I had to move all my tanks...  My anthia may be coming down with a infection. She scraped herself when trying to catch her cuz she was freaking out. So might lose her 😭 moving sucks! All the other fish made the move though...she's the only one looking rough atm.

 

I am setting up a new 80g but the deal with my husband was I had to get rid of some of the nanos to have a bigger tank.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

Longest water change!! 😂

1 hour ago, Sancho said:

@Christopher Marks send the girl a shirt 🤗

I second this 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Sancho
31 minutes ago, spectra said:

I want one to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hell they need a for sale section to buy them.................

I’ve got 3 and they were free 🤷‍♂️ Maybe bring your ass to MACNA Phoenix next year and pick yourself up a shirt 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
9 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I’ve got 3 and they were free 🤷‍♂️ Maybe bring your ass to MACNA Phoenix next year and pick yourself up a shirt 🤗

I melt in the heat :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
William

Glad your “renovations”went well and you are back in it 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
8 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Longest water change!! 😂

I second this 

I mean, really... my rock never did dry out... 

8 hours ago, Sancho said:

I’ve got 3 and they were free 🤷‍♂️ Maybe bring your ass to MACNA Phoenix next year and pick yourself up a shirt 🤗

That's a long wait for a t-shirt!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee

Got a new To-Do list going for this tank now:

 

1. Get a silicone mat for under the tank (have the mat, just need to place it)

2. Thermometer 😬 (will order today)

3. Figure out how to mount a light (hopefully I'll get the part for the duo by the end of the week, and all the lights can be put back in their correct homes)

4. Pick out and order ~3 types of macro algae (need to order snails from Reef Cleaners, will do so as soon as lights are all good)

5. Find a new heater to fit in the AC 20 (I really don't like the heater just hanging out in the display)

6. Get a lid

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
11 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Got a new To-Do list going for this tank now:

 

1. Get a silicone mat for under the tank (have the mat, just need to place it)

2. Thermometer 😬 (will order today)

3. Figure out how to mount a light (hopefully I'll get the part for the duo by the end of the week, and all the lights can be put back in their correct homes)

4. Pick out and order ~3 types of macro algae (need to order snails from Reef Cleaners, will do so as soon as lights are all good)

5. Find a new heater to fit in the AC 20 (I really don't like the heater just hanging out in the display)

6. Get a lid

Sounds like a good list. What else besides the cool crab are you putting in it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
56 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Sounds like a good list. What else besides the cool crab are you putting in it?

That's it!!

 

Theres 3 bristle worms and 2 asterina stars that hitched a ride over on some rubble. I'll add a few snails as well. Maybe interesting hermits? 

 

Since I can't 100% id the crab, I don't want to put much else in there in case it becomes an expensive lunch. 

 

He'll get to live solo in a forest of macro algae! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

That's it!!

 

Theres 3 bristle worms and 2 asterina stars that hitched a ride over on some rubble. I'll add a few snails as well. Maybe interesting hermits? 

 

Since I can't 100% id the crab, I don't want to put much else in there in case it becomes an expensive lunch. 

 

He'll get to live solo in a forest of macro algae! 

That's cool :smilie:. Does he actually come out and wander around or is it nocturnal?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
On 10/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

That's cool :smilie:. Does he actually come out and wander around or is it nocturnal?

Seems to be nocturnal. I'm going to work on feeding it with tongs to see if I can get it out a little more. 🤷‍♀️

On 10/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, kimberbee said:

1. Get a silicone mat for under the tank (have the mat, just need to place it)

The wooden shelf was something Nick made specifically for this stand a few years ago when I used it as a bookshelf. I definitely didn't want to bust it up with saltwater, so I tried a large piece of an IM leveling mat under the tank.  It was too curled and wouldn't lay flat on it's own, and taking of the backing off to stick it would ruin the wood. I placed a silicone craft mat under the tank instead. Looks much better.

 

20191002_144208.thumb.jpg.4941dc062e8c2c96cd84376f9fa938d6.jpg

 

20191002_151212.thumb.jpg.2bf9a7c695c3119efc1d3c5b953b3026.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

Seems to be nocturnal. I'm going to work on feeding it with tongs to see if I can get it out a little more. 🤷‍♀️

The wooden shelf was something Nick made specifically for this stand a few years ago when I used it as a bookshelf. I definitely didn't want to bust it up with saltwater, so I tried a large piece of an IM leveling mat under the tank.  It was too curled and wouldn't lay flat on it's own, and taking of the backing off to stick it would ruin the wood. I placed a silicone craft mat under the tank instead. Looks much better.

 

20191002_144208.thumb.jpg.4941dc062e8c2c96cd84376f9fa938d6.jpg

 

20191002_151212.thumb.jpg.2bf9a7c695c3119efc1d3c5b953b3026.jpg

Well hopefully you can get him to come out and play. That spot is perfect for that little tank 😄

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

That stand is super nice. I am getting old and like old looking stuff. The tank looks nice there.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
11 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

That stand is super nice. I am getting old and like old looking stuff. The tank looks nice there.

It is very old! Used to be my grandmother's!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee

Trying to figure out how I'm going to mount the bulb above this tank. I just have a work light clamp, but I haven't been able to find a good way to secure it. I may have to find another mount or lamp for this. 

 

20191007_101120.thumb.jpg.a37308d199b51cb275194848eb38c90b.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee

Bad Crab has been exploring his new home, and moves around everyday, which makes it hard to spot feed him. I found him last night and gave him some dinner. Very glad he's still alive!!

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

I'm sure bad crab appreciates the free meal. :smilie:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...