ReefCleaners.org

Kickin' It Old School 2.5g Pico Reef Competition! 😎🎓

Christopher Marks

2 hours ago, Lingwendil said:

Whoah, it's almost the end already!?

Mines not super fancy, but I like it, here's my favorite part of the whole thing-

large.IMG_20191008_172900.jpg.dbe68441043f93bd850da93870703fcc.jpg

Thats an awesome piece and some great growth. It looks happy.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, William said:

D3E4316E-EE56-4BDF-8FC3-9A84B5FD06B5.thumb.jpeg.918d6ebe3129f6759a5e32385ba1e5f1.jpeg

New FTS, I will hopefully have one more up before the end. 

52EF5970-4851-498C-954A-196EDDE1F7EA.jpeg

48664B4A-01C7-4998-A757-195FD85446A0.jpeg

A5A0FC08-1E1E-4E4D-A10C-8714A179EE3E.jpeg

Wow. Nice FTS.  I'm gonna have to work on getting a good one as well. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Wow. Nice FTS.  I'm gonna have to work on getting a good one as well. 

I feel like all of your pictures are amazing. I need to work of my photography skills (debating upgrading to the iPhone 11 pro for the new camera) . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to "upgrade" to an iPhone 3 or 4.....they didn't have a problem with blue light.  5?  Junk.  6?  Junk.  I'll need to have my arm twisted to go further than the 6.  WTF happened to their camera software?!?  LOL.  Are you sure the 11 isn't junk in the same way, just with four lenses?

• Haha 1
MainelyReefer
9 hours ago, mcarroll said:

I'd like to "upgrade" to an iPhone 3 or 4.....they didn't have a problem with blue light.  5?  Junk.  6?  Junk.  I'll need to have my arm twisted to go further than the 6.  WTF happened to their camera software?!?  LOL.  Are you sure the 11 isn't junk in the same way, just with four lenses?

Wife has the new iPhone 11 pro max.....JUNK it has the same 12mp camera as before just three of them for different optics.  Not even like they made all three take a shot and overlap the images for better anything.  Super disappointed I wanted to use it for my tanks, also it’s not waterproof I submerged only the top and its screen started flashing. Whoops.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Christopher Marks

Just 4 days left in the competition!

🚨Attention Competitors: Make sure to post your final official full tank shot in your journals, along with a brief recap of your experience, 1-2 paragraphs please. Your re-cap and final FTS will be used for community voting purposes!

• Like 5
Christopher Marks
19 hours ago, William said:

Is there a specific template for the recap? 

Nope, sorry! If I had thought to do it sooner...

I'll be combining all of the recaps and final FTS's into a single topic for voting purposes. They will link off to each corresponding competition journal so members can take a closer look at all the progress.

Today is the final day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Christopher Marks

Voting is now open through Sunday November 17th at midnight PST! omgomgomg 

We finished out with 19 qualifying Old School Pico Reefs and 3 Rule Breakers! Good luck to all our competitors!

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

Excellent - thanks for all that work Chris!  So many deserving picos.  A tribute to this site and the tiny tanks that we keep.

I agree, thanks Chris for making this possible.  I had a blast and we proved old school could be "cool".  Reefing doesn't always have to be about the newest equipment.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Our last two contests have been picos, so maybe we should go nano sized next time.  Although I loved that it was possible to join the last two on a limited budget.

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic