Top Shelf Aquatics

Kickin' It Old School 2.5g Pico Reef Competition! 😎🎓

Christopher Marks

pricewayne
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

OK.  Now you are just showing off with that FTS.  LOL.  So awesome!

Needed some sort of spectacle to keep up with your 🌋!! And really, any credit for the PJ reef feeder is all owed to @vlangel 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
pricewayne
3 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

@pricewayne

do you open it to release the hatched bbs, or do they swim out through the holes?

They just swim out 🦑

I’ve spent enough time staring throughout the tank to confirm I’ve seen the artemia swimming throughout the display — pipefish seems happy and hunts all day. I have it placed in that corner as it’s the lowest flow area in my tank and the instructions call out to keep it in low flow to allow them to freely escape. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Noticed something that looked like a speck of pepper on my monti yesterday. Got out the 30x jewelers loupe, and it almost looks like a tiny piece of macro algae. It’s not moving, and hasn’t moved overnight, and the polyp it’s sittin next to extends till it pretty much touches the unidentified structure. No visible damage to the monti or the polyp that this thing is siting up against. 

It’s not a nudi, and I’ve been watching it periodically every few hours to see if it changes form in case it was some sort of tiny flatworm curled over on itself. But no change in status at all. I don’t think it’s an animal unless it’s some sort of sponge maybe

Any ideas? Also, was sold to me as a Seasons Greetings, but fairly certain now that this is actually a Grinch Montipora! Sweet, always loved Dr Seuss... @ChristopherDido

C84EDABE-A81C-4362-B437-89A29D6167E4.thumb.jpeg.b77c28892c02877d4012f1ea130ee2ae.jpeg

6ACF2E4D-1321-41B2-AF61-DFE1F217221C.thumb.jpeg.03f9cf8464e459e4e8ecf4709482402f.jpeg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

Have you tried to blow if off with a turkey baster yet?

Well...I’m.... I mean to say... we...I....er

No. No I have not 😂 

but i tried just now now and it did not come off with a light to moderate blasting from the baster

• Haha 5

Hey all,  I will post my Friday FTS here because I am proud of my coral growth and love Mr. Wiggles,  not so much love for pick pocket at the moment he is currently trying to still food out of my corals mouth.  He comes by his name honestly.IMG_6317.thumb.JPG.7299f8ee8a134c050265ddc30a3509bd.JPGIMG_6318.thumb.JPG.db0feaf30ae65bcf417c65a3a0468810.JPG

IMG_6314.JPG

IMG_6313.JPG

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Starting to add life to this again :happy:

IMG-0700.thumb.JPG.22bc18556578aaf8b591a2dc0fc09a85.JPG

I see a hermit, an astrea snail, and what looks to be some sorta of BTA. So many morphs these days, I remember when thy were all just RBTA or green BTA...lol

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, MetaTank said:

So many morphs these days

Yeah, no kidding - I don't even know what this one is "called". I acquired it unexpectedly and it has since been in my little pico jar for a while now. I had grown quite fond of it, but I didn't really have a final destination for it until it was suggested that I started up another tank.  :wink:  #notmyfault

• Haha 1
ChristopherDido

Figured I'd post a quick FTS shot here... Not much happening right now, had a very chaotic couple of weeks. I'll also update on my journal this week. But for now enjoy the truffala tank!IMG_20190606_162552.thumb.jpg.128f0b5463162aff6faf3ebfc0302d1b.jpg

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 5:29 PM, ChristopherDido said:

Figured I'd post a quick FTS shot here... Not much happening right now, had a very chaotic couple of weeks. I'll also update on my journal this week. But for now enjoy the truffala tank!IMG_20190606_162552.thumb.jpg.128f0b5463162aff6faf3ebfc0302d1b.jpg

This tank needs a Lorax!

• Haha 1
CalvinKlein

Hi All,

I know I'm late to the party. But I've taken the liberty to register myself into the competition. 😎

Just tagging along to join in the fun!

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
destroyer56

Hello, I recently just got into reef tanks and have a 20 gallon setup and was thinking about setting up a pico reef for my desk this would be perfect to get it going.  Am I to late to join in on the competition? 

• Like 1

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com.

While I believe you are officially too late to qualify for the top prizes, we have another late entry besides you.  I think you might still qualify in the rule breaker category, if you wish to tag along.

• Like 5
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic