748S911

I'm in!!!!!! 

IMG_4076.jpeg

IMG_4081.png

IMG_4079.jpeg

• Like 4

spectra

Well here is my snack pic...............my kind of snack :lol:

was working in the garage on the stand and well all I had and all the wood dust made me thirsty..........

IMG_6743.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

DaVinciClown

1B8FFE7B-EBE8-4A24-B2BA-CD8C82BEE0C7.thumb.jpeg.8bb80718fc7a2e1d7e1cdbd42a4addf1.jpegJoining! Doing a leak test but will post dry pic with snack tomorrow 🙂 

Tank AquaJapan. HOB filter Mignon 150. Light Kessil A80.

7837461B-ECE0-45D7-9CE5-9F53778BCDB6.jpeg

AF074071-57D2-45E3-8610-4F32298F8553.jpeg

• Like 3

yoshii

My LFS is winning at this Old School contest already....

IMG_20190331_143702071.thumb.jpg.34589369b0bc15f108cf30db8e634be5.jpg

IMG_20190331_143441046.jpg

IMG_20190331_143500670.jpg

IMG_20190331_143829007.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 2

asting
27 minutes ago, yoshii said:

My LFS is winning at this Old School contest already....

IMG_20190331_143702071.thumb.jpg.34589369b0bc15f108cf30db8e634be5.jpg

I hate to break it to you, but your LFS does a terrible job of keeping coral. There is significant bleaching.

• Haha 1

seabass

I'm kind of wondering if beverage pics are cool with everyone.  It seems a little like a failed attempt at guessing what the secret item would be; not saying that anybody actually did that.  IDK, maybe a drink is a snack.  :unsure:

Shared a photo of your dry pico reef tank in your competition journal with Your Favorite Snack Food inside.

• Thanks 2

spectra
6 hours ago, seabass said:

I'm kind of wondering if the few snack pics, with beverages instead, are cool with everyone.  It seems a little like a failed attempt at guessing what the secret item would be; not saying that anybody actually did that.  Beverage pics just feel a little weird to me. :unsure:. IDK, maybe a drink is a snack.

At the time mine was just what I had. I wanted to do this but wasnt in the mood to run in the house......was trying to stay on the healthy snack theme :wink:

IMG_6752.jpg

• Like 5

kimberbee
7 hours ago, seabass said:

I'm kind of wondering if the few snack pics, with beverages instead, are cool with everyone.  It seems a little like a failed attempt at guessing what the secret item would be; not saying that anybody actually did that.  Beverage pics just feel a little weird to me. :unsure:. IDK, maybe a drink is a snack.

You're not the only one. I am trying to eat better, and have no snacks I actually eat in the house. Sure, I could have thrown something in there like crackers, or the peanuts my husband takes to work... but I did go out and buy a snack just for this photo op. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

asting

I mean crackers, peanuts, or bananas are actually all snacks...

If the samoans dont count as snacks I have a jar of cashews as a backup snack photo (took it before I remembered the cookies).

Not much we can do now anyway, asking someone to break their tank down for a new photo seems silly, and a lot of work. Starting a week early would be the same as curing rock anyway or using established LR, something most did. I'm trying to seed my new rock then will remove.

seabass

Yeah, there's always an on your honor component to these contests.  I wasn't trying to call foul; just that snack implies food.  Even a slight head start wouldn't be a huge advantage.  No worries.

• Like 1

hotdrop
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

Yeah, there's always an on your honor component to these contests.  I wasn't trying to call foul; just that snack implies food.  Even a slight head start wouldn't be a huge advantage.  No worries.

I mean if someone really wanted to cheat they could have just set up 2 identical tanks, so just go with it. The 1st place prize probably wont even cover to cost of livestock so it shouldn't be a big enough prize to make cheating worthwhile. 

JP728
10 hours ago, seabass said:

I know what you mean. I did a beverage as well in this thread because I thought it was funny but also because the only snacks in house are for my 2 year old. But I had a feeling people would think this way so in my janky tank thread I posted a pic with a pineapple just to be safe. 

• Like 1

seabass
1 minute ago, JP728 said:

I posted a pic with a pineapple

I can respect that. :wink:
Image result for spongebob house
  • Like 1

748S911

here's my fav snack pic 

IMG_4098.thumb.jpeg.c6dab437bb354834f57fe5c9370e3e54.jpeg

• Like 5

lkoechle
50 minutes ago, hotdrop said:

I mean if someone really wanted to cheat they could have just set up 2 identical tanks, so just go with it. The 1st place prize probably wont even cover to cost of livestock so it shouldn't be a big enough prize to make cheating worthwhile. 

well I dont know about that. my crab apparently eats coral, so right now my livestock costs are a whopping $4 🤣🤣

• Haha 4

pricewayne

I'm in! Excited! Anxious & Nervous!

*opening my snacks*

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

spectra
55 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

I'm in! Excited! Anxious & Nervous!

*opening my snacks*

Pulling for ya...............only reason the cheetos :lol: I was debating buying a family size bag and filling the tank with them..............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

pricewayne
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Pulling for ya...............only reason the cheetos :lol: I was debating buying a family size bag and filling the tank with them..............

Ha!

Should see inside my cabinets... my birthday was a few weeks ago and a friend sent me 50 bags of cheetos. Honestly, best gift ever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

asting
1 hour ago, pricewayne said:

Ha!

Should see inside my cabinets... my birthday was a few weeks ago and a friend sent me 50 bags of cheetos. Honestly, best gift ever.

I read this as 50 bags of chaeto at first. I was wondering why you'd need that much.

• Haha 2

MetaTank
2 hours ago, pricewayne said:

Ha!

Hey neighbor...

I like cheetos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This guy is extra salty

Here is my official “start” picture

dehydrated apple rings and some cuppycakesFB100D97-66F4-4CBA-A761-4DB6B8F2994B.thumb.jpeg.bfb51acb17a4e58e9e20a5e84b9c47e2.jpeg

• Like 4

MetaTank
2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Here is my official “start” picture

dehydrated apple rings and some cuppycakesFB100D97-66F4-4CBA-A761-4DB6B8F2994B.thumb.jpeg.bfb51acb17a4e58e9e20a5e84b9c47e2.jpeg

I haven't had a dehydrated apple ring in ages..more of a dried apricot kinda guy myself

But now I'm... Hungry...for apples?

This guy is extra salty
7 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I haven't had a dehydrated apple ring in ages..more of a dried apricot kinda guy myself

But now I'm... Hungry...for apples?

Hmm i will have to make those soon when they’re in season..

• Like 1

MetaTank
Just now, This guy is extra salty said:

Hmm i will have to make those soon when they’re in season..

You do jerky too?