inTank Media Baskets

Kickin' It Old School 2.5g Pico Reef Competition! 😎🎓

Christopher Marks

57 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I'd really prefer we stick to rectangles only...

But in the interest of accessibility and supporting another awesome community sponsor Bulk Reef Supply, I will allow this tank as an exception. I think @asting is also using it?

I do like the idea of putting the bow to the back side and using the flat front for the competition, I'd recommend it. The idea is to keep the 'blank canvas' roughly the same between each tank. And for the hair splitters out there who will now want me to allow a JBJ Picotope tank, I won't because it is nearly 9" wide and with bent glass it's just too different than the other tanks. It's really so close, I know, but no.

I am. I would prefer to have bow out. embecause my back has clamps, HoB filter, ATO that do better on a flat edge than curved. Your call, but if I am put in the "losers bracket" so to speak no hard feelings. I didnt see any rectangular requirement and really just wanted a 2.5 rimless, and the mr. Aqua fit the bill. The pet chains also didn't have standard 2.5s within an hour of me or i would have saved $30 and pulled the rim myself.

I also have painted the backside of my tank already and i would drop out before trying to scrape and redo.

I'd prefer not to have that clarification made a week after the rules were announced.

Christopher Marks
1 hour ago, asting said:

I am. I would prefer to have bow out. embecause my back has clamps, HoB filter, ATO that do better on a flat edge than curved. Your call, but if I am put in the "losers bracket" so to speak no hard feelings. I didnt see any rectangular requirement and really just wanted a 2.5 rimless, and the mr. Aqua fit the bill. The pet chains also didn't have standard 2.5s within an hour of me or i would have saved $30 and pulled the rim myself.

I also have painted the backside of my tank already and i would drop out before trying to scrape and redo.

I'd prefer not to have that clarification made a week after the rules were announced.

It's all good, you can use it as is 👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, seabass said:

To convert that, it's 11.8 x 7.9 x 9.4".  So that should be alright.

Hey this is Merica we dint use CM :lol:

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

👍

Need to leak test my broken jank tank and see where I end up. If it leaks or looks like it is going to explode, I am going rimless. 

Leak. leak. leak :lol: need more rimless people...........

Hell I almost feel like  I should go to petco and buy a janky tank :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hey this is Merica we dint use CM :lol:

Leak. leak. leak :lol: need more rimless people...........

Prob get more votes with a janky tank tbh...

People love the feeling of nostalgia and the extra challenge of polishing a turd. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I am a little worried one of my pets will break it again with water in it this time :eek: thinking about locking it in the spare bedroom but it's pretty lame to not have it out front where I can enjoy it all the time.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

People love the feeling of nostalgia and the extra challenge of polishing a turd. 🤣

I dont like polishing turds :lol:

• Like 1

Hey, C.M.

Most people don't understand what the term "old school" means? Most people (on this site) think it refers to Will Ferrell for some reason. 😁

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Noooo... I may or may not have something not so janky coming Monday... :ninja:

It was supposed to be here today but it was "delayed due to weather" - I think someone is trying to sabotage my build...

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
21 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

Well holy crap, that's a killer deal! I may grab a few on payday.Screenshot_2019-03-29-17-57-59.thumb.png.c8dde1a5ff5559e184dde91855c0658d.png

Yeah, totally. 6 filters shipped for 23 bucks? I just pulled the trigger on this

549944743_filterdeal.thumb.jpg.899edcfd35404c255e715d96bc474236.jpg

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

Well holy crap, that's a killer deal! I may grab a few on payday.Screenshot_2019-03-29-17-57-59.thumb.png.c8dde1a5ff5559e184dde91855c0658d.png

Ya good for Betta tanks too...I grabbed extras so I can just swap and soak to clean.

36 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah, totally. 6 filters shipped for 23 bucks? I just pulled the trigger on this

549944743_filterdeal.thumb.jpg.899edcfd35404c255e715d96bc474236.jpg

Lol they are tiny btw...but hold a media bag and floss which is all I need.

I got 4 of them with some other crap I needed.

They prob clearing inventory from drfostersmith they bought.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah, totally. 6 filters shipped for 23 bucks?

I see your thinking 😧. 6 month contest=6 filters. Average lifespan 1 month. Genius!

🎯

3 minutes ago, KISReef said:

I see your thinking 😧. 6 month contest=6 filters. Average lifespan 1 month. Genius!

🎯

Lol I have one I paid full price for at 7 bucks and it's been working for years. Surprisingly.

I will miss drfosterandsmith for it's super cheap oddities and major clearance sales at times. Petco sucks 😛

2 minutes ago, KISReef said:

🎯

LOL The contest tank is getting an AC50, these are for later...I like having "stuff" for projects and things. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, billdeluz said:

Waiting forr it to be march 31st

vw2nysggrkuz.jpg

Yeah but think about the upside - you will get to end "later" too. Extra growing time.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic