Pod Your Reef

Kickin' It Old School 2.5g Pico Reef Competition! 😎🎓

Christopher Marks

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Man, I wish I saw this thread when it was initially posted.  I would have entered! lol.  

This was the 2.5 I had setup for one of my frogfish last year.  I recently moved across country to SoCal and broke it down to setup my Nuvo 10.  

Here are some pics when it was running. 

20181124_131934.jpg

20181125_124406.jpg

20181201_151937.jpg

20181201_152129.jpg

• Like 11
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is getting closer to the end of the contest.😥  When do we have to post our final FTS and can we post more than one picture?  Do we do a write up like they have in other contests.  Or we can keep the contest going for a year???😁  I think it would be cool to keep them going for a year.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

It is getting closer to the end of the contest.😥  When do we have to post our final FTS and can we post more than one picture?  Do we do a write up like they have in other contests.  Or we can keep the contest going for a year???😁  I think it would be cool to keep them going for a year.

I think it would be great too, Oct came too quickly

• Like 3
Just now, Clown79 said:

I think it would be great too, Oct came too quickly

Maybe the powers that be could extend it to a year.  I am not sure others would agree though.  The only thing I don't like about my tank is that it is only 6 inches wide.  I wish I had picked a tank that was wider, but I wanted to really embrace the janky side of the contest.

• Like 1

As usual, there aren't that many participants left.  Although, I agree, that a twelve month contest would be good; I feel that changing the rules for this one (at this point) wouldn't be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kimdawg said:

I would have liked a year long contest, if I had known about if with more than 17 days remaining lol. 

I'd like to know about this as well lol

• Like 2

I'm sure there will be a summary write up (couldn't speculate on the details).  However, you could probably start working on the wording and a couple of pictures if you really feel proactive.  I expect we'll find out more details very soon.

• Like 3

I am a planner and I over think everything.  It doesn't always go as planned, but I have learned to roll with the flow.  We still have not learned how to get good pics of the tank.  They always look dull and dark so my husband only has a few more days to figure it out.😎  I am really happy with the growth and color in the tank.  For such a little tank it has exceeded all of my expectations.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'm sure there will be a summary write up (couldn't speculate on the details).  However, you could probably start working on the wording and a couple of pictures if you really feel proactive.  I expect we'll find out more details very soon.

I've copied the TOTM layout as well as my "monthlies" (heh) that I mentioned in the thread, that way can always chop and change

• Like 2

Hmm.... I prob need to pull something together. This tank will probably outlast my main tank (it’s so easy to keep) so it will probably be running for a long time. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, seabass said:

As usual, there aren't that many participants left.  Although, I agree, that a twelve month contest would be good; I feel that changing the rules for this one (at this point) wouldn't be.

I'm surprised by how few there are left.  I don't know exact numbers, but I just looked at a sampling of threads and no updates in awhile.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
13 minutes ago, William said:

I think only about 10 are really active ... 

Yeah that looks about right.  Maybe dozen tops.  Let's just push up the end date to 10/15.  😁

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Yeah that looks about right.  Maybe dozen tops.  Let's just push up the end date to 10/15.  😁

Nah, I need to clean mine and I’m busy the next two weeks lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a few issues in mine as well.  I need everyday that I have left.  We still don't know how to get good pics with my husbands phone either.  Who all is left with a running tank?

1 hour ago, kimdawg said:

We still don't know how to get good pics with my husbands phone either.

Try a natural sun lit shot.  Most phones do a bad job with white balance, which is compounded by reef LEDs.

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic