ReefCleaners.org

Kickin' It Old School 2.5g Pico Reef Competition! 😎🎓

Christopher Marks

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Are you talking about the "start photo of an empty tank with your favorite snack" in it to show starting with an empty tank? Or feeding the tank to start the cycle?

yup after posting that & reading more of the threads I saw that. maybe if I would read the whole thing I would not ask silly questions. ha

I  think I am having almost as mush fun  as you guys/gals with this.

on a side note it seems like there is 1 contest a year?  is it always the same time of year or just when ever?    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am amazed at everyone's contest tank.  They each are so unique and don't look cheap and boring like some suggested they would look at the beginning.  I personally love my janky tank better than my 75 gallon because I can take care of it and do water changes by myself.  I have changed out the fish once since the beginning and decided to just go with riccordea, zoas, and gsp as coral now.  I had to remove a bunch of the riccs that had split because I was running out of room.  These are July pictures right after a full water change and rock rearrangement so a lot of the zoas are closed up.1214597867_IMG_6509-Copy.thumb.JPG.58bb1777d9a9130bf5fede957f445b23.JPG

Left side tank

IMG_6510.thumb.JPG.83f72ff917f6680d4be432977df548d4.JPG 

Right side tankIMG_6500.thumb.JPG.63e0e669d554403775e9af304cc11969.JPG

Full tank shot with little blue fish...."the flatworm eater"

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Noah C Peterson said:

Finally have something to show 😂 FTS 8/3/19IMG_0819.thumb.JPG.4fde1a09613ca96db0e8f62c94721bca.JPG

IMG_0854.thumb.JPG.201dfad9ab6e07fd53183ea38cbcea5f.JPG

That's an awesome tank, inside and out! 

• Thanks 1
Noah C Peterson
2 hours ago, Joevember said:

That's an awesome tank, inside and out! 

Thank you so much! It's been quite a journey so I'm thrilled with this response.

• Like 1
Noah C Peterson
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Your paint job came out sweet!  I love how it all turned out.

Thank you so much my friend! You've been a great help through this process, still thinking about those little LEDs 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
On 8/2/2019 at 6:18 PM, kimdawg said:

I am amazed at everyone's contest tank.  They each are so unique and don't look cheap and boring like some suggested they would look at the beginning.  I personally love my janky tank better than my 75 gallon because I can take care of it and do water changes by myself.  I have changed out the fish once since the beginning and decided to just go with riccordea, zoas, and gsp as coral now.  I had to remove a bunch of the riccs that had split because I was running out of room.  These are July pictures right after a full water change and rock rearrangement so a lot of the zoas are closed up.1214597867_IMG_6509-Copy.thumb.JPG.58bb1777d9a9130bf5fede957f445b23.JPG

Left side tank

IMG_6510.thumb.JPG.83f72ff917f6680d4be432977df548d4.JPG 

Right side tankIMG_6500.thumb.JPG.63e0e669d554403775e9af304cc11969.JPG

Full tank shot with little blue fish...."the flatworm eater"

Where is the top down shot?

2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Where is the top down shot?

I am doing a water change tomorrow and will try to get my husband to take some pics including a top down shot.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be very greatful if people were to chime in on the evaporation rates they are seeing. Mine seems to be off. Also important to know if it's with or without a solid/mesh lid. Thanksssss!!

• Like 1

Barely noticeable water level change due to evaporation.  I top off about twice a week (using a solid glass top with a minimal opening for the HOB filter).  However, the top is always full of water hanging on the lid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
5 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I would be very greatful if people were to chime in on the evaporation rates they are seeing. Mine seems to be off. Also important to know if it's with or without a solid/mesh lid. Thanksssss!!

I have filled my 3g ATO once this whole competition.. with a solid lid.. I’ll leave it rimless for a week and see how much it goes down.

FTS 9/3/19

C6B6DBA2-2893-4D05-BD74-D6A4D0D6E07C.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Mine changes. Some days I have to top up, not much but other times I can skip a day.

I have an acrylic lid with holes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic