Pod Your Reef

Kickin' It Old School 2.5g Pico Reef Competition! 😎🎓

Christopher Marks

Disappointed I am gonna miss out on this competition, but excited to see everyone's pico. 

Just gonna channel this energy into revamping my 4g Waterbox pico and see whtere it takes me. 😄 

• Like 8

Dang looks like I need to gt going :lol:

my 3 snails and a few hermits are just not doing it I guess.................and the lone aptasia growing on the rock..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dang looks like I need to gt going :lol:

my 3 snails and a few hermits are just not doing it I guess.................and the lone aptasia growing on the rock..............

I have an aptasia that I tried to cover with super glue today.  I sure you will catch up pass my tank very quickly.

6 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I have an aptasia that I tried to cover with super glue today.  I sure you will catch up pass my tank very quickly.

I had sand saved from another tank and think it was infested...............sucks as the rock is dry.................

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty
40 minutes ago, William said:

Can anyone recommend a small low profile powerhead? The one i have is super noticeable and ugly 

Hydor nano is decent but still huge 😂 

i want to change it over to a aquatop with a spin stream attached but i don’t think it’s allowed 😭

45 minutes ago, William said:

Can anyone recommend a small low profile powerhead? The one i have is super noticeable and ugly 

I don't know what kind of gph rating you are looking for, but the Hydor Pico Evo-Mag 180 is pretty small and super quiet.  I initially had a VicTsing powerhead (80 gph) that was even smaller than the Hydor, but it was louder and less than half the gph rating of the Hydor.  

• Like 1

What a fun contest idea!  If I had the time and energy I might've tried to jump in but I am still slowly setting up my Mr. Aqua bowfront (7.5). :rolleyes: Good luck to all the contestants, I'll try to follow along!  Also, ya'll wanna talk about janky, I could post some pics of my tanks right now....can't remember the last water change I did lol.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:11 AM, Lingwendil said:

10x8x9 fits the rules, right?

Penn Plax Vertex Aquarium

$38 for a rimless aint too bad...

I have this on my desk right now!  Definitely not within the dimensions for this contest but a very nice little pico for the price.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:17 PM, Joevember said:

Any heater recommendations for the back chamber of an AC50?

If you saw my journal you proabably know why I'm asking here...

I'll be using an Inkbird as well with it. Which is the best model for tanks?

I always recommend the Archaea heaters sold by Aqua Forest Aquarium.  They'll fit in AquaClears as small as AC30 (slightly too big for the 20 for my taste, it pokes out just a tad too much for me to be comfortable).  I've been using them for a couple years now and a lot of folks used them in the Creative Container Contest a couple of years ago.  External thermostat and a great little heater. Only complaint is the cord is a little shorter than I'd like.  The 25 watt would be perfect for this, though it looks like it's sold out at the moment. They still have the 50 watt though.

• Like 7
This guy is extra salty
18 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

FTS 5/3/19

D61CE0EE-50D2-4FB6-8EC9-818335944586.thumb.jpeg.182014f088c2c3cae36c3de3ff98444a.jpeg

I etched that same background on a test tank but I didn’t like it.. looks good 

B4F6DD76-ABC1-4C37-B021-0889F9BCF50E.jpeg

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I etched that same background on a test tank but I didn’t like it.. looks good 

Yeah, this just happened to be the piece I cut from the backround that was the right size, and went on well without bubbles...lol

It is acceptable, I actually like it quite a  bit

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic