Top Shelf Aquatics

Does my coral look like it’s dying?? 😧😰

Mike P

That looks like the coral skeleton, so yeah the flesh is definitely receding. Doesn't mean its dying, but you can still save it. Or is something eating it? You got peppermint shrimps?

5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

What lighting is it under and is it directly under light?

How much flow is it in?

It’s under the stock evo light and I have plenty of flow in the tank I’m using the 6005 current eflux wave pump. It is directly under the light. Before this happened I had a diatom outbreak and some was developing on the spots that turned red.

4 hours ago, Natereef said:

That looks like the coral skeleton, so yeah the flesh is definitely receding. Doesn't mean its dying, but you can still save it. Or is something eating it? You got peppermint shrimps?

I don’t have any shrimps right now and I have never seen anything eating it. Hopefully I can still save it.

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

That particular coral is not a high flow, high light coral.

Try putting it in a lower light, moderate flow area.

Thank you for your feed back @Clown79. I will move it to a better position latter today.

23 hours ago, Mike P said:

Thank you for your feed back @Clown79. I will move it to a better position latter today.

Yw. Just keep an eye on it. But try not to move it too much, let it acclimate to an area.