Cultivated Reef

• 2 weeks later...
This guy is extra salty
10 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Amazing work. Loving peoples reactions as well so far 👍

Thanks I have way too many msgs and stuff to build now...

i guess it’s a good thing

10 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Congrats!  You're killing it!

Thanks 🙏 shoot me a PM I have some stuff I want to ask of you

8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Great work

🙏 thank you! 

8 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Following you now!  (HarrysAquatics) 

Nice stuff!

I returned the follow 

thanks 🙏

I’m quite fortunate for being able to build anything aquarium related 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
This guy is extra salty

I have been so busy lately it’s been hard to keep up with things.literally like a chicken with its head cut off. 

Here is a recent FTS 824B1960-B8DC-44A2-9334-4258426DA70C.thumb.jpeg.943fce7957182b8797bfc841059a1351.jpeg

i decided to take the lid off this week cause when I was plucking hair algae out the water was quite warm. Like sitting in the Pacific Ocean 🌊 and someone peed next to you warm (yea gross right?) so I’m trying it out without the diffuser for a couple weeks. 

As for an update of the corals. Everything is doing wonderfully. Except for my trials of SPS, birdsnests and montipora don’t like the V3. I am not going to waste my sweet acroporas, in the slow torture of the V3. Probably cause I deemed it a soft coral tank...

also im still battling hair algae.. maybe I should add some more macro algae?

A1AE1F32-77AC-4EA0-9BC1-7E8A61B04E38.jpeg

• Like 5
This guy is extra salty
3 hours ago, seabass said:

Can we get a closer shot of that algae?  I can't see if that's bryopsis or just hair algae.

🤣sure!

929C8CED-E927-448C-8CD6-69BACD8EEB77.jpeg

This guy is extra salty

On the topic of algae.

my 160 has something I would call an outbreak .😷  which I believe the contest tank caught. Because of the AWC. It drains and pulls fresh water from the sump of the 160. I love the auto aqua smart ATO/AWC, seriously a genius gadget for your reef.

But now I’m headed out to grab a better CUC. 🤦‍♂️

Hmmmm... I'm not sure if microdosing peroxide would be advisable with larger macroalgae, they would probably weather it just fine but you never know, spot dipping would be difficult too because palys and mushrooms HATE peroxide even if they can deal with it...

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
5 hours ago, seabass said:

Maybe bryopsis (possibly Bryopsis pennata), not sure.

Quite possible I’ll add more snails 🐌  lol

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Does not look like bryopsis to me

It does have a centralized stalk with fronds coming out of it🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Hmmmm... I'm not sure if microdosing peroxide would be advisable with larger macroalgae, they would probably weather it just fine but you never know, spot dipping would be difficult too because palys and mushrooms HATE peroxide even if they can deal with it...

I would but im not going to risk it another (one) snail will be fine 

I’m thinking an astrea or trochus...

so I went to a LFS today and walked away with 150$ less than I did before. The ole lady was a bit greedy 😝

we picked up:

• 1 pencil urchin
  • 5 nassarius snails
  • 5 trochus snails
  • 5 astrea snails
  • 1 (large) yellow tang
  • a lobo (great price)
  • a large colony of stylophora

I really wanted this gorgonian but the lady wasn’t feeling it

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Quite possible I’ll add more snails 🐌  lol

IF it IS bryopsis, you'll find that snails usually won't touch the stuff.  It can be quite a pest.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, seabass said:

IF it IS bryopsis, you'll find that snails usually won't touch the stuff.  It can be quite a pest.

Well it seems it isn’t cause the snails are munching it down making a nice clean stripe 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty

This has been a fun couple of days 

BF5294D3-777A-42E4-A6BD-B1DDE386999C.thumb.jpeg.4f8fc9e9518ada9ee1e9d883926bfb36.jpeg

20 mins at four hour intervals

ill be making a video of it I’ll try not to do an 😈 evil laugh 😂 

Back to the old school reef!D512E8B3-DECB-4DC1-B08D-368481A4A71B.thumb.jpeg.276c84105e41bc5f315ead7530eee982.jpeg

620A5D69-F60C-478D-9D05-B32DC4B12A54.thumb.jpeg.bf9ca0d09b736c04a48a2aff0833ac63.jpegWhat is odd for me is that I have never had to “clean the glass”

Those 🐌 snails do some work maybe I’ll add another trochus.. or Cerith. I’m at 5 snails 😂 maybe I should add a 🦀 crab?

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty

Unfortunately I think I did over use the wand which may have caused one of my acro colonies to RTN. I’m sending in an ICP test tomorrow ( so I can have a baseline) mainly I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a clam. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1