inTank Media Baskets

55 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I always wanted anemone's but their random walking made me hesitant. So I convinced the hubby that we should convert the 10g to an anemone tank.😁

There is a sick adrenaline high I get from wondering if today will be the day my bubble tip destroys my sps tank. :haha:

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I got sick on monday.,,Everyone is getting sick smh!

Flu season is firing up in the southern hemisphere is why. Everyone I know is also coming down sick. Damn airline companies ferrying people between hemispheres..

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty
16 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I always wanted anemone's but their random walking made me hesitant. So I convinced the hubby that we should convert the 10g to an anemone tank.😁

I have been debating on building a 50g cube just for anemones but I’ll have to convince the lady unfortunately.

16 hours ago, MetaTank said:

No worries, I feel this. My ittlw girl just turned 1, we avoid sock people like they have the bubonic plague and Ebola virus put together! 

Seriously she looks at me like I’m the Ebola monkey from the movie “outbreak”

• Haha 4
This guy is extra salty
16 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I got sick on monday.,,Everyone is getting sick smh!

Seriously beginning of summer sucks lol it was winter like last week! What happened to spring?

15 hours ago, Tamberav said:

There is a sick adrenaline high I get from wondering if today will be the day my bubble tip destroys my sps tank. :haha:

Don’t get me started on nervousness 😂 

14 hours ago, Tempestas said:

Flu season is firing up in the southern hemisphere is why. Everyone I know is also coming down sick. Damn airline companies ferrying people between hemispheres..

Yea I’m with you I’m blaming the airlines apparently DFW airport had measles last weekend 

This guy is extra salty
42 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Looks like your mini salty box is well stocked, I'm looking forward to the latest FTS!!!

I will update with a picture this weekend sometime. 

Im returning home from a LFS cause I was gifting a tank I built for @ChristopherDido it’s his new classroom tank62F880B8-C59E-4CE0-A1FD-5CD797D01BCF.thumb.jpeg.639eee9c4a2b29976879a1b59c42ffff.jpeg8B3BC9CC-6BE4-40FA-9238-8EE35EC3E200.thumb.jpeg.efcaf0fcda6516872d630dd074389a1f.jpeg47179C97-D74C-4FF4-B716-6C036B206CDE.thumb.jpeg.6d4a832666d8a4e8ebeee04516b084fd.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 6
This guy is extra salty
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

Thats soo cool!!!!!!!!!

It will look better once it’s filled!

its my signature the Fluorescent walls/edges 😂 

i thought it would look better than my yellow 2.5g. I have some 5g I’m trying to get rid of😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty

FTS Friday!!!!

5817D155-DAF9-4E75-BC41-CA81F046296D.thumb.jpeg.51e8b07a26ccf2c73e350186250562ea.jpeg

i have noticed the zoanthids have multiplied. I guess I’ll keep the daily AWC going. I thought about making it every three days, but it seems everything is doing great! 

Now I have to design and build a Lid for this little tank.

But I have been tinkering with other things 😂 

EF842742-8F5E-4051-9592-98E9E2CCD396.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty
7 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Ooooooooo!!!! frag rack?

Yes I’m making a few of them 😂 

I thought the one shown would fit in the Pico but it’s a little big. I’m in the process of buying some 20lb magnets (so it will be strong enough for 1/2 glass/acrylic 

5 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Tank is looking amazing! Do you have 3 different type of Xenia? or is one of them clove polyps? 

One is a cespitularia  clove polyps in the bottom left and pulsing Xenia in the bottom right(FYI it doesn’t take great photos, my RFA is keeping it in check)

A8F04CE3-21F4-4121-8C24-AA8404CB7AF4.jpeg

• Like 3

You know something I don't see in a magnetic mount frag holder is one for a single piece that adjusts outward so it can accommodate growth.  

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
57 minutes ago, Wingy said:

You know something I don't see in a magnetic mount frag holder is one for a single piece that adjusts outward so it can accommodate growth.  

I will have to develop something like that

6 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

Tank is looking great.  I like that frag rack it sure would look nice in my 75.

I have to put magnets on it first 😂 

• Like 1
ChristopherDido
20 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I will update with a picture this weekend sometime. 

Im returning home from a LFS cause I was gifting a tank I built for @ChristopherDido it’s his new classroom tank62F880B8-C59E-4CE0-A1FD-5CD797D01BCF.thumb.jpeg.639eee9c4a2b29976879a1b59c42ffff.jpeg8B3BC9CC-6BE4-40FA-9238-8EE35EC3E200.thumb.jpeg.efcaf0fcda6516872d630dd074389a1f.jpeg47179C97-D74C-4FF4-B716-6C036B206CDE.thumb.jpeg.6d4a832666d8a4e8ebeee04516b084fd.jpeg

The gifted tank looks great! And extra bonus it fits perfectly on my old nanocube stand! And an older style light that I originally had over my Nuvo 20, fits perfectly on top of it! Thanks so much! The kids will love it! So if this is acrylic, what type of Magnet cleaner thing should I use so that I don't scratch the hell out of it? He's a quick pic of it on the nanocube stand, I love the glow of it with blue lights. 

IMG_20190525_144620.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
This guy is extra salty

I know the bottom looks a bit wonky but sand will cover it up (it’s very hard to weld two large sheets together like that, without getting bubbles) and sorry about the water spots I had to water test it before I gave it to you 😝

I’m loving the edges illuminating green I’m going to stick with that style going forward making custom tanks and AIO. 

Let me know if you’re wanting a custom lid 

there are “magfloat acrylic” ones out there “continuum aquatics” has an acrylic scraper that I personally use. 

Btw the hole for the return is 5/8 @Vivid Creative Aqautics Informed me on R2R that my style of AIO would work perfectly with one of their nozzles. 

• Like 1
ChristopherDido
23 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I know the bottom looks a bit wonky but sand will cover it up (it’s very hard to weld two large sheets together like that, without getting bubbles) and sorry about the water spots I had to water test it before I gave it to you 😝

I’m loving the edges illuminating green I’m going to stick with that style going forward making custom tanks and AIO. 

Let me know if you’re wanting a custom lid 

there are “magfloat acrylic” ones out there “continuum aquatics” has an acrylic scraper that I personally use. 

Btw the hole for the return is 5/8 @Vivid Creative Aqautics Informed me on R2R that my style of AIO would work perfectly with one of their nozzles. 

The illuminated edges looks great! And thanks for the info on the return hole, that was my next question. How much would it cost for me to get a lid cut and do you think it would cut down my cheapo lights PAR too much? Thanks again looks great!

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty

Yea I think a lid would cut down on the par, I can make a regular clear that wouldn’t effect it too much.

i forgot how big was the other classroom tank?

This guy is extra salty
14 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Supposedly folks who have PAR meters found clear 92% acrylic really does only hit you for about 8-15% of your PAR  if you keep it clean.

The lids I make are “frosted” as a diffuser 

• Like 1

Oh, that probably changes things a bit XD BRS rents Apogee-led par meters for $40, maybe do a before and after? Then we'd all have a good idea what the clear and frosted do to your par at the thickness you're using.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
7 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Oh, that probably changes things a bit XD BRS rents Apogee-led par meters for $40, maybe do a before and after? Then we'd all have a good idea what the clear and frosted do to your par at the thickness you're using.

I will have to look into that. Also if the top of the water column is breaking surface tension plays a factor too. 

• Like 2