Jump to content
This guy is extra salty

DIY acrylic old school V2.501 contest build

Recommended Posts

This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Justind823 said:

Nice acrylic work! I'm interested in seeing some more dinos - I'll be looking out

 

Good to see some one else with cespitularia, where did you get yours from? I love that the stuff is a slow grower - no fear of it going full pom pom style take over. Have your polyps opened any more? Mine are almost always mostly closed like that.

I acquired all my corals from my sponsor

 

it has opened a bit more I think it’s getting used to the stability and Daily WC. I have my light setting on acclimation at 50%  right now. Haven’t seen much growth on the corals as of yet, I know it’s a bummer but maybe I should try some acropower

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Why not do some of the armored fish species? Not like the catfish, but the behemoths which had massive calcium-skeletons to allow them to go back and forth into fresh and saltwater by cannibalizing their own skeleton's elements. Seems on theme, and they look awesome to boot. Like Dunkleosteus.

I will have to look into some fish fossils 

drawing up may be tricky 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites

Most of the armored fishes have exceedingly-pronounced and large skeletons with only a few pieces to them, that said modeling anything can be quite a pain. Ol' Dunkle looks even more impressive than a great-white though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

Unfortunately I didn’t take a “full tank shot Friday” 

but I did get some sweet beautiful macro algae from @inland_reef

(Thanks again) Some sweet green spaghetti (Cheato) dragons burp(I believe) and some blue hypena(hopefully it will thrive in the v2.501)  also met up with @ChristopherDido to give him his lorax truffula lids. I’m not going to steal his thunder and y’all will just have to go to his build thread to check it out. (Mostly I didn’t take any pictures 🤦‍♂️)

 

anyway ill will give a better update tomorrow since I have a little free time before my family come over (they’re visiting to see my son)

 

 

you all will have to be satisfied with this side boob

 

6CE77854-727F-43E7-BECB-0E4855EC150F.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
inland_reef
On 5/18/2019 at 12:45 AM, This guy is extra salty said:

Unfortunately I didn’t take a “full tank shot Friday” 

but I did get some sweet beautiful macro algae from @inland_reef

(Thanks again) Some sweet green spaghetti (Cheato) dragons burp(I believe) and some blue hypena(hopefully it will thrive in the v2.501)  also met up with @ChristopherDido to give him his lorax truffula lids. I’m not going to steal his thunder and y’all will just have to go to his build thread to check it out. (Mostly I didn’t take any pictures 🤦‍♂️)

 

anyway ill will give a better update tomorrow since I have a little free time before my family come over (they’re visiting to see my son)

 

 

you all will have to be satisfied with this side boob

 

6CE77854-727F-43E7-BECB-0E4855EC150F.jpeg

I hope it grows like weeds for ya! If not, I think I have some more I can throw your way. 👍🏻👊🏻

 

I call the red one dragon’s tongue. It’s not quite dragons breath because it doesn’t have the bright orange tips but it does have the deep red color. Although dragons burp sounds like a fun name. Might start marketing it as that. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
14 minutes ago, inland_reef said:

I hope it grows like weeds for ya! If not, I think I have some more I can throw your way. 👍🏻👊🏻

 

I call the red one dragon’s tongue. It’s not quite dragons breath because it doesn’t have the bright orange tips but it does have the deep red color. Although dragons burp sounds like a fun name. Might start marketing it as that. 

You will make a fortune calling it that “dragons burb” algae

for sure I hope so too, But I guess I’ll see with the daily WC’s . 

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

Top down Sunday!

D6882BB1-5E6C-4873-953C-13BD6F3916D8.jpeg

096C595D-B5AC-433D-BFC3-73FEE0E78A5B.jpeg

2D123B5F-3682-44AC-97D2-BCE79708DE59.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

Oh also I managed to make a electrical compartment.(warning picture heavy)

Mainly got sick of seeing the plugs mixed in with the fish towels, so I decided to hide all the plugs 🔌

Well sorta 

I’m not going to have a top piece because I still need to see if all equipment is functioning properly. Mostly to confirm the It has power. I used mirror acrylic on three sides. Left, right, and front. Moved the ATO container to underneath the stand. which I will get more mirror acrylic to “hide” the salt and filter floss being stored. 

1D91AE15-DFA8-4BA7-9D12-E6416C0617E1.thumb.jpeg.afb50efe454e7fc1ca904c2622116ab0.jpeg

 

ACF7AB7B-8823-45FF-AFA4-DFCEDB11EBF7.thumb.jpeg.8007abd85b0a423bf04378875f64abb0.jpeg

 

9440ADD7-1CB8-4B84-A97B-4614DD404196.thumb.jpeg.e13767fa7018bdfaa850870aa2834aea.jpeg

 

AFA9EC49-BFEC-4579-886F-967F55378EC5.thumb.jpeg.05cc585fc222926dbc60bb884819b5b3.jpeg

 

FTS

1ECEF250-2FA3-424E-9255-229BC51AE2C2.thumb.jpeg.ee9fbc7fca23455cd6b155053be82808.jpeg

 

B5D83B57-D805-41D5-A237-638BF8AF7CF0.thumb.jpeg.a1110ed9188e311e415e6d312a57cbe8.jpeg

 

1E1BF9EC-C072-4C37-89CC-1F66E01ED023.thumb.jpeg.305966ac113a808cd83ce2ff4e153497.jpeg

It was maintenance day and all my towels and filter socks are being washed, That will sit nicely on this shelf as storage. Also this “new” shelf on the stand has been ole lady approved ✔️

 

Probably by the end of this week I’ll have my water station setup.🤦‍♂️

I have only been wanting this since last year..🤞

  • Like 6
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Looking great 🙂 love the neon.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank

Love the mirrored acrylic “secret” shelf. Nicely done!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ChristopherDido

Looks great! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
20 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Looking great 🙂 love the neon.

Thanks I have a few more tweaks to the build and then sit and watch for 6months

 

10 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Love the mirrored acrylic “secret” shelf. Nicely done!

 Thanks 🙏 I still need to make up the bottom part of the stand

 

3 hours ago, ChristopherDido said:

Looks great! 

Thanks! 🙏  which lid did you end up going with?

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
5 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

 

 Thanks 🙏 I still need to make up the bottom part of the stand

 

 

I'm sure it will turn out great! Looking forward to having my own little piece of your acrylic art! The whole tank looks very clean in the pics above too, still can't believe you made all of that!

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13
8 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Thanks I have a few more tweaks to the build and then sit and watch for 6months

 

Some how I can not picture you sitting back!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...