Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

• 2 weeks later...
This guy is extra salty

So I haven’t updated in quite some time!

Here is a recent FTS

6/26/19

F752F116-23B9-4D08-B24A-E92FDF937511.thumb.jpeg.2d27f0e892c35dc2b18e920c599b3dfe.jpeg

Everything is doing great I changed the AWC to manual and I haven’t done a WC in two weeks. I have also been dosing 2.5ml of the darkest skimmate from the 160. All of the macros have doubled, and the PE is pretty interesting. The chalice i have on the top rock is coming back. It lost its color after being in the tank for a week but it still has PE around the rim  of it and it looks like it’s regaining tissue.  The reverse rainbow ricordia decided to move to the back right corner and it looks as if it’s about to drop a baby. All of the zoanthids are doing well with the dirty water. I haven’t paid much attention to the tank to see if there are new polyps (my son has me quite busy when I get home)

ill take a mental note of them this week.

in other news I have been fabricating a lot of new acrylic stuff lately.

I made @748S911 a custom 40b insert and gave him some goodies530D2EC5-45CE-4C54-BE14-7D9D89A377F6.thumb.jpeg.3e9bae4e6ca1801c7f49793874a338ce.jpeg

a 6.86g dosing container for a local reefer in my area. Im going to trade it for some chunky frags. (🤫don’t tell the ole lady) I used clear and black ice acrylic for the container 090E5ABC-4A04-47CD-9311-C673E498EDB6.thumb.jpeg.386535db49a9f00088b1b922f8d12096.jpeg

I have been making a bunch of frag racks. Right now I have green and fluorescent blue so far

C1202D3A-B51C-4001-B57A-25F619E308C4.thumb.jpeg.7e618d4cf1d2814cf1bbe6598efc6b5d.jpeg

lastly here is a 50g lagoon I’m starting on

F68C8F5B-E8EC-4C41-9B32-438AC4957594.thumb.jpeg.5fdf38e41b8b9e32214bb18cefe74bee.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 4
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

So I haven’t updated in quite some time!

Here is a recent FTS

6/26/19

F752F116-23B9-4D08-B24A-E92FDF937511.thumb.jpeg.2d27f0e892c35dc2b18e920c599b3dfe.jpeg

Everything is doing great I changed the AWC to manual and I haven’t done a WC in two weeks. I have also been dosing 2.5ml of the darkest skimmate from the 160. All of the macros have doubled, and the PE is pretty interesting. The chalice i have on the top rock is coming back. It lost its color after being in the tank for a week but it still has PE around the rim  of it and it looks like it’s regaining tissue.  The reverse rainbow ricordia decided to move to the back right corner and it looks as if it’s about to drop a baby. All of the zoanthids are doing well with the dirty water. I haven’t paid much attention to the tank to see if there are new polyps (my son has me quite busy when I get home)

ill take a mental note of them this week.

in other news I have been fabricating a lot of new acrylic stuff lately.

I made @748S911 a custom 40b insert and gave him some goodies530D2EC5-45CE-4C54-BE14-7D9D89A377F6.thumb.jpeg.3e9bae4e6ca1801c7f49793874a338ce.jpeg

a 6.86g dosing container for a local reefer in my area. Im going to trade it for some chunky frags. (🤫don’t tell the ole lady) I used clear and black ice acrylic for the container 090E5ABC-4A04-47CD-9311-C673E498EDB6.thumb.jpeg.386535db49a9f00088b1b922f8d12096.jpeg

I have been making a bunch of frag racks. Right now I have green and fluorescent blue so far

C1202D3A-B51C-4001-B57A-25F619E308C4.thumb.jpeg.7e618d4cf1d2814cf1bbe6598efc6b5d.jpeg

lastly here is a 50g lagoon I’m starting on

F68C8F5B-E8EC-4C41-9B32-438AC4957594.thumb.jpeg.5fdf38e41b8b9e32214bb18cefe74bee.jpeg

Lovin’ my aio, n goodies top notch stuff! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
18 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Lovin’ my aio, n goodies top notch stuff! 

Glad to hear! 

Speaking of goodies 

💥 boom💥 

08CF56E8-FE99-4C09-993B-EA5C396CB955.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 3
This guy is extra salty

Well I have bad news 

found out my nephew was hanging on the tank and broke the front panel..

i got a text from the ole lady that the tank was “leaking” 😂 found out her sister and nephew were visiting and the boy was playing around the tanks..🤬

so idk if I’m out. I can build another come Monday but all of the rocks and soft corals are in the 160g 😓

im kind of at a loss for words. 

• Sad 10
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Well I have bad news 

found out my nephew was hanging on the tank and broke the front panel..

i got a text from the ole lady that the tank was “leaking” 😂 found out her sister and nephew were visiting and the boy was playing around the tanks..🤬

so idk if I’m out. I can build another come Monday but all of the rocks and soft corals are in the 160g 😓

im kind of at a loss for words. 

Dang, that sucks. How bad was the leak? 

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

so idk if I’m out.

I believe CM th at said he would allow similar replacements if necessary.  Sucks about the tank though.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
ChristopherDido

Sorry to hear about the tank... Honestly fearful of that here in this 🏠... Our little dude likes to pull himself up on the stand and try to grab the ATO and all my cords 😨

On a bright note this may cheer you up, broke down the nanocube at the school and right now your beautiful acrylic tank is up and running, no theme just a box of water, rock and coral. It's being used right now as a holding tank for the live rock for tanks for next year. But here it is looks so pretty! 🥰

IMG_20190627_130404.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Damn, at least the blighter hung on the smaller tank... That's awful though, can't imagine how rough the kid must have been to break a seam...

Maybe they'll let you repair or replace and get back into things? 

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty

The nephew is 6 and did what normal boys do.

(Do things they’re told not to do) 

he was leaning on it to look closer at the shrimp in the front of the tank. I’m just glad he didn’t tip the tank onto himself. I would’ve lost everything. I got a crying apology when we went out for brunch today. The brother and sister-in-law  offered to replace the tank or any incurred losses. I didn’t have any losses with the exception I won’t be able to get the pistol shrimp out of the 160. Hopefully I’ll have a new tank made up by Monday and have the rock and softies in by Wednesday (the welds gotta cure) 

• Like 8

Sorry to hear about the tank but glad you are still in the game. 

I am surprised it leaked...it has to be a lot tougher than my janky tank.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
On 6/30/2019 at 3:32 AM, Tamberav said:

Sorry to hear about the tank but glad you are still in the game. 

I am surprised it leaked...it has to be a lot tougher than my janky tank.

60lb kid hanging/pulling on front panel.. the weld held together it cracked through the center. 

I came home with tape across it..

• Haha 2
  • Wow 5
8 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

60lb kid hanging/pulling on front panel.. the weld held together it cracked through the center. 

I know it’s not funny, but it kinda is. Tape...lol

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Tape across the front sounds like a janky tank contest winner imo! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

At least we know the breaking point of your acrylic work. Destructive testing is fun but expensive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
On 7/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, ef4life said:

At least we know the breaking point of your acrylic work. Destructive testing is fun but expensive 

Well for .220 acrylic the burst or breaking point is 750psi. Idk what the nephew did but he did it good 😂 

I have V3 curing right now. I’m trying something different with a 2part welding. The only thing is that the 2part solvent makes the joints super ugly

0564CA3C-7E6F-4912-A98C-D4853920D154.jpeg

6EE557A0-DC65-42C5-9A0D-8C95B1617E29.jpeg

84E04484-7586-482A-9002-AD183571C37D.jpeg

• Like 3

That's definitely extra-welded, kind of amazed the kid broke the center, that looks to be at least 1/4" thick lol... That said those stress measurements never take into account torque and kids happen to be made of twisting, wriggling, and jerking lol...

This guy is extra salty
41 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

That's definitely extra-welded, kind of amazed the kid broke the center, that looks to be at least 1/4" thick lol... That said those stress measurements never take into account torq and kids happen to be made of twisting, wriggling, and jerking lol...

It is all 1/4(.220) thick I opted not to put a background though. I did upgrade the surface skimmer slots to reduce the bubbling and hopefully better flow. But I should’ve made it a little bigger so I could’ve put the heater into it, I’ll have to play around with it when it’s fully cured.

Which will be the 4th, and will have water in it again 😂 I’ll have to ask @inland_reef if he’ll hook it up with some more blue hypena and dragons burp. (The blue hypena lasted 10mins in the 160) the dragons burp is kicking around the bottom providing protection for the phantom clowns “filet and o’fish” against the quad ocellaris bullies 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
inland_reef

It is all 1/4(.220) thick I opted not to put a background though. I did upgrade the surface skimmer slots to reduce the bubbling and hopefully better flow. But I should’ve made it a little bigger so I could’ve put the heater into it, I’ll have to play around with it when it’s fully cured.

Which will be the 4th, and will have water in it again 😂 I’ll have to ask @inland_reef if he’ll hook it up with some more blue hypena and dragons burp. (The blue hypena lasted 10mins in the 160) the dragons burp is kicking around the bottom providing protection for the phantom clowns “filet and o’fish” against the quad ocellaris bullies 😆 

So unfortunately I’m struggling with tanks right now too. I threw in some ulva macro and it quickly sucked all the nutrients out and essentially killed most of the blue hypnea and stunted the growth of the dragons burp. I’ll get ya some more macros once I get things stable again and the hypnea grows back. It’s seriously the SPS of macro algaes. Ordering some more macro species for the tank. Hopefully be here next week. Stay tuned 👍🏻

• Like 2