ReefCleaners.org

This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Justind823 said:

Nice acrylic work! I'm interested in seeing some more dinos - I'll be looking out

Good to see some one else with cespitularia, where did you get yours from? I love that the stuff is a slow grower - no fear of it going full pom pom style take over. Have your polyps opened any more? Mine are almost always mostly closed like that.

I acquired all my corals from my sponsor

it has opened a bit more I think it’s getting used to the stability and Daily WC. I have my light setting on acclimation at 50%  right now. Haven’t seen much growth on the corals as of yet, I know it’s a bummer but maybe I should try some acropower

• Sad 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Why not do some of the armored fish species? Not like the catfish, but the behemoths which had massive calcium-skeletons to allow them to go back and forth into fresh and saltwater by cannibalizing their own skeleton's elements. Seems on theme, and they look awesome to boot. Like Dunkleosteus.

I will have to look into some fish fossils 

drawing up may be tricky 

• Like 1

Most of the armored fishes have exceedingly-pronounced and large skeletons with only a few pieces to them, that said modeling anything can be quite a pain. Ol' Dunkle looks even more impressive than a great-white though.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty

Unfortunately I didn’t take a “full tank shot Friday” 

but I did get some sweet beautiful macro algae from @inland_reef

(Thanks again) Some sweet green spaghetti (Cheato) dragons burp(I believe) and some blue hypena(hopefully it will thrive in the v2.501)  also met up with @ChristopherDido to give him his lorax truffula lids. I’m not going to steal his thunder and y’all will just have to go to his build thread to check it out. (Mostly I didn’t take any pictures 🤦‍♂️)

anyway ill will give a better update tomorrow since I have a little free time before my family come over (they’re visiting to see my son)

you all will have to be satisfied with this side boob

6CE77854-727F-43E7-BECB-0E4855EC150F.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
inland_reef
On 5/18/2019 at 12:45 AM, This guy is extra salty said:

Unfortunately I didn’t take a “full tank shot Friday” 

but I did get some sweet beautiful macro algae from @inland_reef

(Thanks again) Some sweet green spaghetti (Cheato) dragons burp(I believe) and some blue hypena(hopefully it will thrive in the v2.501)  also met up with @ChristopherDido to give him his lorax truffula lids. I’m not going to steal his thunder and y’all will just have to go to his build thread to check it out. (Mostly I didn’t take any pictures 🤦‍♂️)

anyway ill will give a better update tomorrow since I have a little free time before my family come over (they’re visiting to see my son)

you all will have to be satisfied with this side boob

6CE77854-727F-43E7-BECB-0E4855EC150F.jpeg

I hope it grows like weeds for ya! If not, I think I have some more I can throw your way. 👍🏻👊🏻

I call the red one dragon’s tongue. It’s not quite dragons breath because it doesn’t have the bright orange tips but it does have the deep red color. Although dragons burp sounds like a fun name. Might start marketing it as that. 

• Haha 2
This guy is extra salty
14 minutes ago, inland_reef said:

I hope it grows like weeds for ya! If not, I think I have some more I can throw your way. 👍🏻👊🏻

I call the red one dragon’s tongue. It’s not quite dragons breath because it doesn’t have the bright orange tips but it does have the deep red color. Although dragons burp sounds like a fun name. Might start marketing it as that. 

You will make a fortune calling it that “dragons burb” algae

for sure I hope so too, But I guess I’ll see with the daily WC’s . 

• Haha 1
This guy is extra salty

Oh also I managed to make a electrical compartment.(warning picture heavy)

Mainly got sick of seeing the plugs mixed in with the fish towels, so I decided to hide all the plugs 🔌

Well sorta 

I’m not going to have a top piece because I still need to see if all equipment is functioning properly. Mostly to confirm the It has power. I used mirror acrylic on three sides. Left, right, and front. Moved the ATO container to underneath the stand. which I will get more mirror acrylic to “hide” the salt and filter floss being stored. 

1D91AE15-DFA8-4BA7-9D12-E6416C0617E1.thumb.jpeg.afb50efe454e7fc1ca904c2622116ab0.jpeg

ACF7AB7B-8823-45FF-AFA4-DFCEDB11EBF7.thumb.jpeg.8007abd85b0a423bf04378875f64abb0.jpeg

9440ADD7-1CB8-4B84-A97B-4614DD404196.thumb.jpeg.e13767fa7018bdfaa850870aa2834aea.jpeg

AFA9EC49-BFEC-4579-886F-967F55378EC5.thumb.jpeg.05cc585fc222926dbc60bb884819b5b3.jpeg

FTS

1ECEF250-2FA3-424E-9255-229BC51AE2C2.thumb.jpeg.ee9fbc7fca23455cd6b155053be82808.jpeg

B5D83B57-D805-41D5-A237-638BF8AF7CF0.thumb.jpeg.a1110ed9188e311e415e6d312a57cbe8.jpeg

1E1BF9EC-C072-4C37-89CC-1F66E01ED023.thumb.jpeg.305966ac113a808cd83ce2ff4e153497.jpeg

It was maintenance day and all my towels and filter socks are being washed, That will sit nicely on this shelf as storage. Also this “new” shelf on the stand has been ole lady approved ✔️

Probably by the end of this week I’ll have my water station setup.🤦‍♂️

I have only been wanting this since last year..🤞

• Like 8
  • Wow 2
This guy is extra salty
20 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Looking great 🙂 love the neon.

Thanks I have a few more tweaks to the build and then sit and watch for 6months

10 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Love the mirrored acrylic “secret” shelf. Nicely done!

Thanks 🙏 I still need to make up the bottom part of the stand

3 hours ago, ChristopherDido said:

Looks great! 

Thanks! 🙏  which lid did you end up going with?

5 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I'm sure it will turn out great! Looking forward to having my own little piece of your acrylic art! The whole tank looks very clean in the pics above too, still can't believe you made all of that!

• Thanks 1
On 5/20/2019 at 2:08 AM, This guy is extra salty said:

Oh also I managed to make a electrical compartment.(warning picture heavy)

Mainly got sick of seeing the plugs mixed in with the fish towels, so I decided to hide all the plugs 🔌

Well sorta 

I’m not going to have a top piece because I still need to see if all equipment is functioning properly. Mostly to confirm the It has power. I used mirror acrylic on three sides. Left, right, and front. Moved the ATO container to underneath the stand. which I will get more mirror acrylic to “hide” the salt and filter floss being stored. 

1D91AE15-DFA8-4BA7-9D12-E6416C0617E1.thumb.jpeg.afb50efe454e7fc1ca904c2622116ab0.jpeg

ACF7AB7B-8823-45FF-AFA4-DFCEDB11EBF7.thumb.jpeg.8007abd85b0a423bf04378875f64abb0.jpeg

9440ADD7-1CB8-4B84-A97B-4614DD404196.thumb.jpeg.e13767fa7018bdfaa850870aa2834aea.jpeg

AFA9EC49-BFEC-4579-886F-967F55378EC5.thumb.jpeg.05cc585fc222926dbc60bb884819b5b3.jpeg

FTS

1ECEF250-2FA3-424E-9255-229BC51AE2C2.thumb.jpeg.ee9fbc7fca23455cd6b155053be82808.jpeg

B5D83B57-D805-41D5-A237-638BF8AF7CF0.thumb.jpeg.a1110ed9188e311e415e6d312a57cbe8.jpeg

1E1BF9EC-C072-4C37-89CC-1F66E01ED023.thumb.jpeg.305966ac113a808cd83ce2ff4e153497.jpeg

It was maintenance day and all my towels and filter socks are being washed, That will sit nicely on this shelf as storage. Also this “new” shelf on the stand has been ole lady approved ✔️

Probably by the end of this week I’ll have my water station setup.🤦‍♂️

I have only been wanting this since last year..🤞

Tank is looking good. Love the neon, very retro!

• Thanks 1
ChristopherDido
21 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Thanks I have a few more tweaks to the build and then sit and watch for 6months

Thanks! 🙏  which lid did you end up going with?

I'm currently rocking the one with the little Lorax in the corner. Saving the other for when little dude is a bit older and can put a small tank in his room with that lid! 🙂

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty
On 5/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, MetaTank said:

I'm sure it will turn out great! Looking forward to having my own little piece of your acrylic art! The whole tank looks very clean in the pics above too, still can't believe you made all of that!

It’s on its way!

Sorry for the delay I have been sick since Monday and things are still not right. But I’m back on the grind.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:24 AM, debbeach13 said:

Some how I can not picture you sitting back!

I know! I have a few things I need to do for the tank like a lid and such idk if I’ll do an etching 😂 

On 5/21/2019 at 12:21 PM, Clown79 said:

Tank is looking good. Love the neon, very retro!

Thanks 🙏  I have a few trick up my sleeve. (Ole lady gives me this look🤦‍♀️)

On 5/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, ChristopherDido said:

I'm currently rocking the one with the little Lorax in the corner. Saving the other for when little dude is a bit older and can put a small tank in his room with that lid! 🙂

That’s awesome! Well still I glad you like them. I wasn’t sure about the full etching, but your son will enjoy it (I keep telling my lady it will be a night lite) 😂 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I have a RFA that went on a walk about.

😭

35E0608E-A650-40C2-95A1-EF0325241AFB.jpeg

Gotta love it. Out of nowhere they go for a stroll.

• Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
5 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Gotta love it. Out of nowhere they go for a stroll.

I’m not a fan. 

especially that they sting everything wherever they go, and leave a trail of destruction behind them. 

It kind of makes me want to build a anemone only tank.. (I’ll have to butter up the ole lady)🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty

FTS 

this is where the RFA originally was, now it’s in the front by the Xenia.. hopefully it will keep it in check now 😂 

622FC35A-6C8D-44DD-83EF-C6B55DB4A57B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

It’s on its way!

Sorry for the delay I have been sick since Monday and things are still not right. But I’m back on the grind.

I know! I have a few things I need to do for the tank like a lid and such idk if I’ll do an etching 😂 

Thanks 🙏  I have a few trick up my sleeve. (Ole lady gives me this look🤦‍♀️)

That’s awesome! Well still I glad you like them. I wasn’t sure about the full etching, but your son will enjoy it (I keep telling my lady it will be a night lite) 😂 

Glad to hear you’re feeling better! This place isn’t the same without ya

• Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
Just now, MetaTank said:

Glad to hear you’re feeling better! This place isn’t the same without ya

I know i have been exiled to the couch cause heaven forbid I get ole lady or lil salty sick🤒

been mostly sleeping though it was nice to actually sleep all day long 😝 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’m not a fan. 

especially that they sting everything wherever they go, and leave a trail of destruction behind them. 

It kind of makes me want to build a anemone only tank.. (I’ll have to butter up the ole lady)🤞

I always wanted anemone's but their random walking made me hesitant. So I convinced the hubby that we should convert the 10g to an anemone tank.😁

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I know i have been exiled to the couch cause heaven forbid I get ole lady or lil salty sick🤒

been mostly sleeping though it was nice to actually sleep all day long 😝 

No worries, I feel this. My ittlw girl just turned 1, we avoid sock people like they have the bubonic plague and Ebola virus put together! 

• Haha 3