Innovative Marine Aquariums

Royal gramma patch under belly

wink31790

Hi i purchased a royal gramma around a week ago, and when i got home i realised that it had slight discolouration under the belly i was hoping it might have been from rubbing against the rocks but its been getting worse by the day! Apart from that the fish is acting normally and is eating fine, it also dosnt seem to be having problems breathing. Any help is appreciated, im supposed to be adding more fish next week but i want to make sure its not something that might be passed on to the others.

20190321_125937.jpg

That's probably a bacterial disease of some sort.

Giving him a 90 min bath using Ruby Reef Rally would be my first suggestion.

After that he needs to go into a QT and be treated with antibiotics for 10-14 days: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Humblefish thanks for the reply...unfortunately i dont have a QT at the moment due to lack of space is it possible to place him in a bucket of salt water with a heater and a small aerator to provide some oxygen 

4 hours ago, wink31790 said:

@Humblefish thanks for the reply...unfortunately i dont have a QT at the moment due to lack of space is it possible to place him in a bucket of salt water with a heater and a small aerator to provide some oxygen 

Yes, you can treat in a bucket. Just keep a very close eye on ammonia.

• Like 1