inTank Media Baskets

New frag - help with ID please so I know where to place it!

Butchy21

I picked this up two weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out where to place it in my tank for future growth, if I should worry about aggression, etc. 

I think it may be a tequila sunrise montipora which appears to be an encrusting type.

Would love to get some thoughts on this piece-  I'm guessing medium light, medium / high flow. 

It it is encrusting, any benefit to putting it on a rock that can come out of the tank once it gets too large?  Nanotanks lose real-estate fast ha.

Thanks!

IMG_2241.jpeg

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Not sure. Looks a little like Season’s Greetings. Don’t know what light/tank you got but mid-high flow and the same with the light. Easy coral to care for. Most montis are. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Not sure. Looks a little like Season’s Greetings. Don’t know what light/tank you got but mid-high flow and the same with the light. Easy coral to care for. Most montis are. 

Will montis fight with other corals?

Trying to decide how to place a pink eyed chalice, this monti and some SPS frags (green slimer, purple stylophora)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Butchy21 said:

Trying to decide how to place a pink eyed chalice, this monti and some SPS frags (green slimer, purple stylophora)

Keep the chalice clear of everything. They are mean. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
28 minutes ago, Butchy21 said:

Sylo, Slimer are harmless for the most part. Like WV said, chalices are mean, so are favias. Most chalices are slow growers. As long as you keep it several inches away from other corals, you should be fine.