ReefCleaners.org

Best Value Light for Small Fuge

hotdrop

I'm planning to run a Fugue in the skimmer chamber of my waterbox 45.2 sump. Is a small chamber 8.5x10.5 and its servicing a 30G tank so it doesn't need to be a huge light. I'm looking for a solid fugue light for that area that is cheaper than a AI fugue but is still decently built and moderately salt resistant. Id prefer CREE Leds if at all possible because they produce about 1/2 the heat of the Chinese ones which is a big deal for these closed compartments.  Any suggestions on what else might be out there other thank Kessils and AI Fuges? 

I've got a generic $24 LED grow light I bought on Amazon on my fuge.  My fuge is roughly the same size as yours; it's about 6-7" of the long direction of the standard 10 gallon I built my sump out of.  My stand is closed and I haven't had any issue with the light creating too much heat.  Unfortunately the particular light I bought is no longer available on Amazon, but it was something along the lines of the one at the link below, just smaller.  It grows cheato like no bodies business!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075JFPLY1?pf_rd_p=1cac67ce-697a-47be-b2f5-9ae91aab54f2&pf_rd_r=KF20DG6HBF14VZAA9JVW

12 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I was thinking one of these but worried it might be too much light/heat. 50watts is probably the right size for this small a space

https://www.amazon.com/Growstar-Spectrum-Greenhouse-Gardening-Growing/dp/B07312WKX2?th=1&psc=1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, hotdrop said:

What were you using for a fixture? And how bad was heat and corrosion 

I didnt use a fixture. I just used a light socket to outlet and plugged it into an extension cord and hung it above the fuge

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, choconut74 said:

Kessil A80 tuna flora but it’s like 100bux 😞

The BRS video made it seem like it was no better than a cheap lightbulb