Innovative Marine Aquariums

New frags need help figuring these 2 out

shermoen

A week and a half ago I received a sps 5pack from live aquaria as a gift and they did not send any info on what each coral was. I know what three of them were off the bat but these other two I'm not sure of. The first pic I'm sure is an acronym of some sort just not sure what, this would be my first one. The second pic I'm clueless. Also the tissue on the base of the coral on the second pic seems to be receding or bleaching I haven't dealt with this before. Any help is appreciated 😊👍

IMG_20190320_122053047_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190320_121011180_HDR.jpg

Thought I would give some info on my tank. 

Innovative Marine nuvo 38

Filtration is chaeto and live rock

Alk last 4 weeks has been between 8.1 and 8.4

Cal last 4 weeks has been between 410 and 420

Mag runs around 1300

I tested phos and nitrate a week ago about a week after harvesting some chaeto and it was not good. Nitrate was at 5 ppm and phos said 1ppm on the API kit. I don't know if it was really that high but added some seagel to combat it. Everything seems happy in the tank and all the coral are looking great.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

First is a acropora and the second is a pocillopora 

Both are sps

Both need a lot of light, but I know the pocillopora can be quite resilient

First one Acro, second one looks to be a Montipora Digitata with a wicked growth pattern - nice!

Both do best under higher light and moderate-high flow, but the monti can do well under a variety of tank conditions.

With that, just be sure to acclimate probably and gradually increase flow/light as needed.

Best of luck!

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
13 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

First one Acro, second one looks to be a Montipora Digitata with a wicked growth pattern - nice!

Both do best under higher light and moderate-high flow, but the monti can do well under a variety of tank conditions.

With that, just be sure to acclimate probably and gradually increase flow/light as needed.

Best of luck!

Are you sure? It looks like my pocillopora when his polyps aren’t out?

5 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Are you sure? It looks like my pocillopora when his polyps aren’t out?

Not sure at all but I know the average pocillopora is thicker branched and PE looks fluffy

@Daniel91 I was thinking and hoping that it may be a digi but have never had one so can't know for certain. I'm pretty certain it isn't a pocillopora as I have one already and I received a branching one in the frag pack (first picture). I believe the others are a green Stylo and purple bird's nest.

IMG_20190320_164510930_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190320_164517496_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190320_164533921_HDR.jpg

• 2 months later...
ReeferReefer
On 3/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, shermoen said:

Thought I would give some info on my tank. 

Innovative Marine nuvo 38

Filtration is chaeto and live rock

Alk last 4 weeks has been between 8.1 and 8.4

Cal last 4 weeks has been between 410 and 420

Mag runs around 1300

I tested phos and nitrate a week ago about a week after harvesting some chaeto and it was not good. Nitrate was at 5 ppm and phos said 1ppm on the API kit. I don't know if it was really that high but added some seagel to combat it. Everything seems happy in the tank and all the coral are looking great.

Care to share how you set up the filtration compartment?

On 5/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, ReeferReefer said:

Care to share how you set up the filtration compartment?

Sure. The tank is an aio with 2 overflows to the back chamber. The chamber on the left has chaeto in it with a light taped to the back of the glass. The other chamber has chemiclean, matrix and some rock rubble. I recently added a protein skimmer to help get nutrients down but not really noticing a difference.

Oh ya and at both overflows I have big black sponges to catch big debris.