Jump to content
Withers

90 Gallon Freshwater Paludarium

Recommended Posts

lkoechle

Love it! I really wanted to do a paludarium with a crested gecko. But being a first time crestie and vivarium owner, I decided to go with solid ground for now since I am not 100% familiar with crestie behavior yet.  But, I have not left my paludarium ideas behind yet!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Firefish15

Pothos can be a pretty good background vine if you manage to train it upwards. Cissus amazonica is another good one, rapid grower.

Share this post


Link to post
Firefish15
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

Love it! I really wanted to do a paludarium with a crested gecko. But being a first time crestie and vivarium owner, I decided to go with solid ground for now since I am not 100% familiar with crestie behavior yet.  But, I have not left my paludarium ideas behind yet!

My crestie never drank out of a dish or anything. Just lapped dew and droplets off of leaves. Not sure if they can swim though.

Share this post


Link to post
JulieReefer

Definitely following this one! I have an axolotl that I am

eventually going to build more of a riparian/orchidarium for. This looks awesome so far!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Withers
11 hours ago, Firefish15 said:

Pothos can be a pretty good background vine if you manage to train it upwards. Cissus amazonica is another good one, rapid grower.

I've never had good luck with making Pothos looking good but Cissus amazonica is absolutely on my list. Most of the vining plants I want are Marcgravia but they're quite expensive so I'm going to wait for everything to settle and start to really grow in before I give them a try. 

https://www.glassboxtropicals.com/Marcgravia-s/150.htm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Withers

Well at least one of the orchids likes it's new habitat
MqU82xP.jpg

Pleurothallis costaricensis bloom

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
OldManSea

Very nice!  With the constant high humidity in your paludarium, pleurothalids should be very happy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
8 minutes ago, Withers said:

Well at least one of the orchids likes it's new habitat
MqU82xP.jpg

Pleurothallis costaricensis bloom

 

That is so pretty! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Withers

3 month update

 

I never could fix the condensation issue with all that water in the bottom so I got fed up and got rid of it. I also wasn't happy with the amount of land area I had, I wasn't sure if it could support enough microfauna for froglets to feed off of long-term. 
AgkYMIU.jpg?2

 

It's interesting that I'm losing colors in some broms but gaining harder to achieve colors in others. 

 

Caterpillar fern making a comeback
F7TK3cb.jpg?1

 

Can't remember this brom's name but it's blooming and happy
TMWiPzg.jpg

 

I'm about to go on vacation but when I get back I think it's time for another big plant order. Need some epiphytes to start covering that background. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Withers

Starting to fill it out more. 
buxha6N.jpg?2

 

hUKN3pe.jpg?1

 

r7vqQzl.jpg?1

 

Stelis Hertzii bloom
3MKfAxr.jpg?2

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, Withers said:

Starting to fill it out more. 
buxha6N.jpg?2

 

hUKN3pe.jpg?1

 

r7vqQzl.jpg?1

 

Stelis Hertzii bloom
3MKfAxr.jpg?2

 

It looks really nice. 😊 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
DaveFason

AMAZING

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

WOW, just WOW

Share this post


Link to post
Withers

Thanks guys :)

 

Even my wife commented on how nice it was looking, and she usually gives these things the stink eye every chance she gets. 

 

Also settled on a frog. Going to wait till I can find some red head histrionicas. If I'm only going to have one tank I might as well go for broke and get the frog I've always wanted. 

6188652768_f248fb9b34_b.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, Withers said:

Thanks guys 🙂

 

Even my wife commented on how nice it was looking, and she usually gives these things the stink eye every chance she gets. 

 

Also settled on a frog. Going to wait till I can find some red head histrionicas. If I'm only going to have one tank I might as well go for broke and get the frog I've always wanted. 

6188652768_f248fb9b34_b.jpg

That’s a nice looking frog....... the colors will stand out nicely in there with all the greenery. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
billygoat

Hot dang! Here and I've been filling these glass boxes with salt water this whole time. This thread makes me feel like I've been doing it wrong! 😂 Very nice work!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Justind823

Whoop whoop! 

 

Love it and good choice on the froggo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
That dank Reefer

Man that thing is beautiful. Throw some fancy guppies in there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
zoafan627

good choice of frogs, used to have ranitomeya variabilis and cobalt tincs. Want to get more soon. If you haven’t yet a great forum for darts is dendroboard. Great info and great community like here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Withers

I don't know what's different about this one but I've got a crazy number of plants blooming. I guess it's the lights but I figured these plants wouldn't appreciate it like they are. I've got 3 orchids currently blooming, that vriesia is still going and a modena which I can't tell if it's blooming or if it's a new leaf coming in:

cyQVZ6M.jpg

 

MfufTBY.jpg

 

JtZtE3A.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...